Mushroom Baby corn fried rice is a crunchy, delicious one-pot dish. As you know, fried rice belongs to Chinese cuisine. Moreover, you can make fried rice with veggies, chicken, egg, paneer too. Likely, this is another addition to the Chinese family.
Likely, combining the mushroom and baby corn add the crunchiness and different flavor. Mostly, kids are going to love this recipe because of the baby corn.
Mostly, Baby corn fried rice goes well with Manchurian gravy. On the other hand, Chinese dishes are quick and they should be done on the high flame only. Never the less, they need a big wok and this is the secret behind the smoky flavor of this restaurant-style fried rice.
How to make Mushroom Babycorn Fried Rice:
To make this baby corn fried rice, first coat the baby corn and mushroom. Above all, rest them for 15 mins. So that they can absorb the flavors. After that, deep fry them until they turn golden brown and crisp. Similarly, they should be fried on medium flame only.
Then heat the oil in the pan. And put the chopped garlic and fry it. Then add the egg and scramble the egg. Then goes the chopped veggies and saute them with salt and pepper. The next step is adding the boiled rice to the wok. Never the less, the rice should be cold. Mix everything well and check the taste.
Finally, add the fried baby corn and mushroom to the wok. Combine them well. Serve the baby corn mushroom fried rice hot with ketchup and Indo Chinese gravy.
Know more about ingredients:
Baby corn and mushrooms: These are the main attraction to this recipe. They add the wonderful taste and extra crunchiness to this recipe. Combining them in the fried rice really makes a difference to the recipe.
Baby corns are very popular and one of the healthiest veggies. Additionally, they are less in calories. So helps with the weight loss. Likely, they are full of soluble and insoluble fiber. Hence, promotes the healthy digetion.
They are different kinds of mushrooms and few are not edible as well. Better to use the store-bought mushrooms only. Likely, they have fiber, vitamins, and proteins too. Above all, they contain powerful antioxidants like selenium.
Spices like salt, pepper, cumin coriander powder, garlic, are used in this recipe. Along with them, cornflour is used to coat the mushroom and baby corn pieces. This adds the crunchie outer layer to them. Resting the baby corn pieces and mushrooms with spices really enhances the taste.
Mushroom Babycorn Fried Rice Recipe
ingredients for fried baby corn:
- 1 cup baby corn
- 1/2 cup mushroom slices
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander, cumin powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- water as needed
Ingredients for fried rice:
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp chopped green chili
- 3 tbsp chopped beans
- 2 tbsp chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp ajanamoto
- 3/4 tbsp vinegar
Preparation of fried babycorn:
- First, take a mixing bowl and add baby corn and sliced mushrooms. Then add the cornflour, chili powder,cumin coriander powder, salt, pepper And add some water,
- Combine them well, So that the baby corn and mushroom can fully cover with the flour and spices.
- Rest it for 5 mins. Then heat the oil for deep fry. Now take the coated mushroon and baby corn.
- Drop them slowly in the oil and fry them until they turn golden brown on the medium flame.
- Dont over crowd them while frying. Take them in the paper tissue after thay are fried. So tha it can absorb the excess oil.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add chopped garlic when the oil is hot enough. Fry them until they change in color.
- After that add chopped green chilis and saute them as well. After that move this garlic and green chili at the corner of the pan.
- Then pour the beaten egg to the pan. Let it cook for 30 sec or until it cooked. Then scramble the egg with the spatula.
- Now add the chopped beans, onions, and carrots and saute them as well for 1 min.
- After that sprinkle some salt, pepper, and Ajinomoto to the pan. And combine these spices well with the veggies.
- Then add the boiled rice and mix the rice well with the veggies. Now check the taste and add in any needed.
- Finally, add the fried baby corn and mushroom to the pan and mix them well with the fried rice.
- Serve the hot fried baby corn fried rice with some Manchurian gravy.
Watch Mushroom Babycorn Fried Rice Recipe Video:
Similar Recipes like Mushroom Babycorn Fried Rice:
Veg Manchurian recipe:
There are different types of Manchurian like Gobi Manchurian, veg Manchurian, mushroom Manchurian, and chicken Manchurian. For this Manchurian, you can use the veggies of your choice. Moreover, there is a dry version also for this recipe.
- First, chop the veggies like carrots, beans, capsicum, and cabbage. Chop them finely.
- Now take a mixing bowl and all the chopped veggies to the bowl. Then add the salt, pepper, chili powder, ginger garlic paste, cornflour, and all-purpose flour.
- Then add bread crumbs and make equal size balls and fry them on the medium flame.
- Bread crumbs really play a vital role in this recipe. They add the crunchiness to this.
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in the saucepan and add chopped garlic to the pan.
- After that put chopped onions and capsicum into the pan. Saute them.
- Then combine the soy sauce, chili sauce, and chili powder. Then add the cornflour water.
- Cook it until it forms the thick sauce. Then finally add the fried Veg Manchurian balls and stir them in the sauce.
Kung pao chicken:
This is made with chicken, peanuts, veggies, and chili. This is a very popular dish. There are three steps in this recipe. In the first step,
- Firstly, marinate the chicken pieces with while oil, vinegar, wine, cornflour water. And refrigerate for min 30 mins.
- Secondly, make a sauce in the pan with salt, wine, vinegar, sugar, chili powder. Let the sauce cook on the medium flame until it turns aromatic.
- Thirdly, take a pan and saute the marinated chicken till it turns dry.
- Fourthly, add the sauted chicken to the sauce and cook.
- Turn off the stove when the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
Hot and sour soup:
Soup is a comforting food for winters. Not only that, but they are also great for the common cold, cough, and fever. Veggies like carrots, beans, cabbage, mushrooms are best for this recipe.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add chopped onions, ginger, and garlic. Saute them.
- Then add the chopped beans to the pan and fry them too.
- After that add sliced mushrooms and fry them also. After that put the veggies like cabbage and carrot.
- Fry them for 1 min. After that pour the water or veg stock. Let it boil.
- Then add the soy sauce, and salt. Mix them well in the water. After that add the cornflour water.
- This really helps to thicken the sauce. Then pepper and vinegar goes in.
- Check the taste and add if any needed. Turn off the stove and serve the hot and sour soup.