Chittimutyalu biryani is the popular recipe in South India. Even though, they are a lot dishes one can make with chicken. But Chicken biryani has its own place, which cannot be replace by others. In this recipe we cook the chicken with Special rice called Chiitimutyalu. Hence Chittimutyalu biryani. On the other hand, this recipe is easy to make and taste yummy too. So this is budget and bachelor friendly too. Above all, this recipe calls for basic ingredients only. Likely, you can have this as it is with out any curry or serve this with raita. Each bite of this Chittimutyalu biryani is spicy, delicious and flavorful.
How to make Chittimutyalu Biryani:
To make Chittimutyalu biryani, first make masala paste to marinate the chicken. For that add whole spices, onions, ginger, garlic and green chilis to the blender. Make a paste. Now take the masala paste into a bowl and add chili powder, salt, turmeric powder , curd and chicken to the bowl. Now blend every thing well and mariate the chicken for 30 mins. Meanwhile, soak the rice.
Now melt the ghee in a pan and add marinated chicken to the pan. Give it a stir and cook the chicken on the medium flame and boil the chicken. Now put soaked rice to the pan and mix every well. Next add chopped onion slices, green chilis, curry leaves and squeeze lemon juice on the top. Combine every thing well and pour water. Finally, cover the pan with lid and cook until the biryani is cooked.
Know more about Chittimutyalu Biryani Ingredients:
Chicken: The name itself says that, the chicken is the main ingredient of this recipe. Chicken is the favourite for every non veg lover. Not only chicken recipes are tasty, but chicken is healthy too. It is very nutritious and it contains vitamins and minerals. That are active in brain function. Along with that, it helps to build the muscle and loose weight in a healthy way. Boiled chicken or grilled chicken is the better option that deep fried chicken. Importantly, it has source of protein.
Chitti Mutyalu Rice: This is the special attraction for this recipe. They look like small pearls so they named as chittimutyalu. Especially grown in southern Indian region. They are cheaper than basmati rice. Moreover, this rice is good for other biryani as well like mutton biryani, veg biryani. And it has magnesium, fiber, folic acid, calcium and iron. So including this in diet helps to build the muscles and to improve the immune system. Importantly, this is good for diabetic patiently.
Spices: Whole spices like cardamom, cinnamon, cloves are added in this recipe. as you know, these spices has its own benefits. They contains medicinal properties as well.
- Along with great aroma and flavor cinnamon contains anti bacterial, anti fungal, and anti viral properties. Similarly, it reduces the blood pressure and blood sugar levels as well.
- Cloves has high anti bacterial properties and they can kill bacteria. Ginger and garlic paste is quite commonly used in Indian cooking. It provides the anti inflammatory benefits. Likely, they can give protection against cancer as well.
Chitti Muthyalu Biryani
Ingredients for Marination:
- 1 tbsp whole spices
- 2 inch ginger
- 10 garlic cloves
- 8 green chilis
- 3 medium sized chopped onions
Ingredients for chitti mutyalu biryani:
- 500 gms chicken
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup curd
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 green chili
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 2 cups water
preparation of masala paste:
- Take a blender and add whole spices, ginger, garlic, green chili and chopped onions. Cook the chicken Now blend it into a fine paste.
Marinate the chicken:
- Take a bowl and masala paste to the bowl. After that add chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, curd to the mix.
- Now mix every thing well. After that add chicken to the bowl. Then coat the chicken with masala paste and rest it for 20 mins.
Preparation of Chitti muthyalu biryani:
- First, heat the ghee in the pan. After that put the cumin seeds to the pan.
- Once they splutter, add marinated chicken to the pan. Then Mix every thing well and cook the chicken in the masala.
- Cook the chicken until the water in the chicken is over and it become dry. After that add the soaked rice to the pan and stir it with the chicken.
- Next pour the water to the pan and add salt, chopped coriander leaves, onions, green chilis and curry leaves.
- Finally, squeeze lemon juice and combine every thing well .Cover the pan with lid and cook.
To make the chicken curry first marinate the chicken with salt, chili powder, turmeric, ginger and garlic paste.
- Now pour the oil in the pan and put cumin seeds. After that add green chili and curry leaves. Fry them.
- After that add onion paste and tomato paste and stir it well. Fry it until the raw flavour is gone and oil separates from the onion paste.
- After that add the marinated chicken, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Mix the chicken well in the onion paste.
- Then close the pan and cook it. Once a while open the lid and stir the chicken. Do this until the chicken is dried with out water.
- Then add water and chopped leaves. Cook it until the chicken is properly cooked and oil separates from the gravy.
- This chicken curry is great with rice, roti, pulka, chapati and with veg biryani too.
Chicken garlic fried rice:
Chicken garlic fried rice belongs lo Chinese cuisine and tastes better with Manchurian gravy. To prepare this first cook the rice separately and keep it aside.
- Firstly, heat the oil in the wok or kadhai. Then add chopped garlic and fry the garlic. After add chopped onions and green chili. Fry the onions.
- Now chop the chicken into small pieces and add salt, pepper and egg to the chicken. Mix them together.
- Then add those chicken pieces to the wok and fry them. After that add the chopped veggies like bell peppers and carrots if you like.
- Thirdly, add soy sauce, vinegar , salt and pepper powder and mix them well.
- Fourthly, add boiled rice to the pan and combine them well. Now check the taste and add if any thing needed.
- Finally, put burned garlic on the top and stir it once and serve.
This is healthy and yummiest meal and can be done with in 30 mins. This is a satisfying one pot recipe with lot of veggies.
- First, chop the veggies like carrots, onions, tomatoes and potatoes. And make ginger garlic paste and keep it aside.
- Then soak the rice and after that heat the oil in the cooker/pan.
- Next add the bay leaf and whole spices. Fry them until they turn aromatic.
- After that add the chopped veggies and put some salt as well. So that they can fry quickly. Once they are fried put ginger garlic paste.
- Fry it as well. Then add the water, salt chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Once the water is boiled add soaked rice to the cooker . Mix all the veggies one more time and close the cooker lid
- Cook it for 3 whistles and turn off the stove. Serve this vegetable biryani hot.