Shahi paneer tikka is the delicious, creamy and spicy gravy with grilled paneer, commonly served for special occasions. As you know, Paneer tikka means grilled paneer, great as a appetizer or a snack as well. And this belongs to the north Indian cuisine. Likely, there must be little variations in making Shahi paneer according to the region. On the other hand, this best to be served with butter nan, tandoori roti, chapati, veg rice and Jira rice. In other words, this is extension version of paneer tikka. Importantly, this is close to Shahi chicken tikka. So this is the one of the best options for vegetarians. Because Paneer is special dish for every vegetarian.
How to make Shahi paneer tikka:
First step in making Shahi paneer tikka is the marination of paneer. For this cut the paneer in to cubes and marinates with salt, turmeric, chili powder and some spices. Rest it for 20 min minimum. Meanwhile prepare the masala. This is the second step. For masala saute the onions and tomatoes with spices and make a thick paste. Then Grill the marinated paneer in the griddle or pan. In restaurants they use tandoor, so Shahi paneer tikka is authentic with Smokey flavor. Fourth step, is the preparation of masala for this recipe. For that heat the butter the pan and saute the masala paste on the low to medium flame. With some fresh cream. Finally, pair the grilled paneer with thick gravy and serve.
Know more about ingredients:
Paneer is the star ingredient of this recipe. Also known as cottage cheese and with the paneer itself we can make so many wonderful dishes like Palak paneer, paneer butter masala, paneer Pakora and paneer rice as well. Above all, paneer is very healthy too. Similarly, all age groups can enjoy paneer. Importantly, paneer is rich in protein and keeps you full for long. Along with that, It contains calcium, iron and magnesium. And it is very easy to combine paneer with other veggies. So, vegetarians should include paneer in their diet.
spices and nuts:
Spices are the key for this yummy recipe. Cinnamon, pepper, cumin seeds, green chili, ginger and garlic are included in this recipe. Above all, all of these spices have their own benefits. So they not only enhance the flavor, but improves the health as well.
- Cinnamon contains anti bacterial, anti fungal, and anti viral properties. It promotes the gut health by relieving from digestion discomfort. Similarly, green chilis increases the metabolism.
- Ginger has gingerol, which is natural medicine for nausea, flu and common cold. Not only that, it can help with Osteoarthritis and menstrual pain also.
- Likely, garlic is very less in calories and very nutritious. And is very common ingredient in Asian cooking. It reduces the blood pressure and improves the cholesterol levels. So it can prevent the heart attack.
- Almonds and fresh cream are the special ingredient in this recipe. They contributes to the thick and rich gravy. Almonds are packed with high monosaturated fatty acids like fats, fiber and proteins. They are good source of vitamin d and protect cells from anti aging and oxidative damage. Better to include almonds in your diet to reduce the bad cholesterol level.
- Pepper has its own place in Indian spices. In take of pepper detoxifies body and cleanses digestive system and intestines. And helps to prevent cancer and produces red blood cells.
Shahi paneer tikka
Ingredients for paneer marination:
- 100 gms paneer
- 1 tsp salt adjust
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
Ingredients for masala paste:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped green chilis
- 10 garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped onions
- 2 tbsp chopped tomatoes
- 5 soaked almonds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water adjust
Ingredients for making Shahi paneer tikka:
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- water as needed
Marinating the paneer:
- First cut the paneer cubes and take them in a bowl or plate.
- After that add salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, pepper powder, oil and ginger garlic paste. Mix them well and cover the paneer pieces with all these spices.
- Rest it for 20 mins.
Making the masala:
- To make the masala first, heat the oil and add then add cinnamon, cumin seeds, pepper seeds and chopped green chilis.
- Fry them for 1 min and then add chopped onions, tomatoes and soaked almonds. Now give it a stir and cook until the tomatoes get soften.
- Now add some water and cook it for 5 more mins. Now let this mixture cool down and make it in to a smooth paste in a blender.
Making paneer tikka:
- To make paneer tikka, first heat the griddle or pan. Then grease the griddle with oil. Then place the marinated paneer pieces on the griddle.
- Now grill them until they turn golden brown. Make sure to grill them on both sides. Do this process on low to medium flame.
Making Shahi paneer tikka:
- Heat the pan or pot and put butter in the pan. And malt the butter. After the butter melted add masala paste to the pan.
- Sauté the masala paste by stirring it occasionally. While sauting, add fresh cream and turmeric powder to the masala as well.
- Once the masala paste become dry, add water to the pan and give it a stir. Now cook it until the it becomes a thick gravy.
- Now take a serving plane and put Shahi masala on the plate first and then paneer tikka on the top. Garnish it with some chopped nuts and serve.
- Or else add paneer tikka to the pan and combine it with gravy and serve.
They are different pakora like onion pakora, chicken pakora and this is one of them. This is very easy to make. And great as a evening snack on a rainy day. This crispy snack is made with gram flour.
- To make this paneer pakora, first cut the paneer and keep it aside.
- Now take a mixing bowl and add besan or gram flour to the bowl. Then add salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and mix them well.
- After that add water slowly and make a thick batter with out lumps. Meanwhile, heat the oil.
- Once the oil is medium hot, take the paneer piece and dip in a batter fully.
- Then drop that in the oil slowly. Now repeat the same process for all the pieces. Fry them until they become golden brown.
- After that take them in a paper towel to absorb the excess oil. Serve them with ketchup or some dip.
Paneer and Chana curry:
This curry is very taste and nutritious. This goes well with rice and roti. To make this curry soak the black Chana for 8 hrs. After that boil the Chana in pressure cooker.
- First, heat the pan and add oil. Then add cumin seeds, curry leaves and mustard seeds to the pan.
- After that add chopped onions and green chilis. Sauté them till translucent.
- Next goes the ginger and garlic paste. Sauté it as well. Next put chopped tomatoes.
- Then add salt, turmeric powder, garam masala and chili powder. Now combine them well and cook until the tomato becomes soft.
- Now pour water and Adjust the taste. Cover the lid and cook until the gravy thickens.
- Finally add boiled Chana and cook for 5 mins and serve.
Fried rice with paneer:
This fried rice is one pot recipe and good for lunch box and dinner as well. On the other hand, it is very tasty and one of the best way to use the left over rice. To start the recipe
- First, cook the rice and keep it separately to cool down. Or else use the left over rice.
- Now cut veggies like carrots, spring onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, French beans ,paneer and green chili as well.
- After that heat the oil and add chopped garlic to the pan. After that add chopped veggies and fry them till they half cooked.
- Next goes the paneer. Again fry them together. Now add boiled rice to the pan. After that add salt, vinegar, pepper powder.
- Finally, mix them well and adjust the salt.
- Delicious fried rice with paneer is ready.