Raj kachori is the snack that doesn’t need an introduction in North India. Raj kachori is the king of all kachori’s and a popular snack in Rajasthan. This is slightly different from the normal kachori due to its crispy texture. Moreover, this is a gigantic poori filled with stuffings like boiled potatoes, chana, sprouts, chutneys, sev, yogurt, and chopped onions. According to me, this Raj should be considered as a whole meal, not as a snack. Because this so filling and extremely delightful. In Rajasthan, this is a typical snack to be served on festivals, special occasions, and a lip-smacking street food people love to have it on a regular basis.
On the other hand, it is not an easy task for beginners, but trust me with these simple steps you can make this easily at home. Moreover, prepare the kachori ahead, so that it will be easy to serve the chat whenever you want.
How to make Raj kachori Recipe Rajasthani style:
First, make the kachori dough with maida, sooji, baking powder, salt, ghee, and water. Then rest the dough. Meanwhile, prepare the kachori stuffing with besan, salt, cumin-coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder, and ghee. Secondly, make equal size balls with the dough and stuff the filling in dough balls and roll them into kachoris. Thirdly, deep fry the kachori’s in the oil until turn fuffy and golden brown.. Finally, fill the raj kachori with chat ingredients and serve immediately.
Know more about ingredients:
Dough: Kneading the dough is the key to the raj kachori. The Raj kachori should be fuffy and crisp on the outside. Or else it is not possible to fill the stuffing. Rest the dough for 20 mins and the moisture of the dough is very critical. Hence, cover it with a wet cloth so that it won’t get dry. Fry the kachori one after other. Ghee and baking powder are the star ingredients that help to keep the texture.
Kachori masala: Dry roast the besan with salt, cumin-coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder until the besan turn aromatic. Then add the ghee and mix the ghee really well with the besan and turn off the stove. Transfer it into a bowl and let the mixture cool down. Adding this to kachori masala makes it irresistible.
Chaat Ingredients: Assemble the Raj kachori chat according to your preferences and taste buds. Adjust the quantity accordingly. But adding more chutneys and yogurt makes it irresistible. Simply store-bought the ingredients like tamarind chutney, green chutney, sev, boondi, papdi. And make the kachori and boil the aloo, chana ahead for quick Raj kachori chaat. All you need to do is fill the kachori with ingredients and serve. Kachori can stay fresh for 2 to 3 days in airtight containers.
Rajasthani Raj kachori Recipe
Ingredients for making the dough:
- 1 cup maida
- 1 cup sooji
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ghee
- water as required
Ingredients for Kachori masala:
- 2 tbsp besan
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp cumin-coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- oil For deep fry
Ingredients for Chaat:
- 1/4 cup Boiled potatoes
- 3 tbsp boiled moong daal( soaked and boiled)
- 1 tbsp Chaat masala
- 1 tbsp Aam chur powder
- 3 tbsp tamarind chutney
- 3 tbsp Green chutney
- 3 tbsp curd/yogurt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp sev
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
Preparation of the dough:
- Take a mixing bowl and add maida, sooji, baking powder, salt, ghee, and mix well. After that add the water slowly to make the dough.
- The dough should be firm and make sure to knead the dough for 10 mins. Then cover the dough with a wet cloth and rest for 30 mins.
- Adjust the water quantity accordingly.
Preparation of kachori masala:
- First, heat the pan and add besan to the pan. After that add salt, cumin-coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder, chaat masala and mix well with the spatula.
- Then keep on stirring until the raw flavor is gone. Then add the ghee to the pan and mix well. Keep on stirring until the ghee is totally mixed with the besan.
- After that turn off the stove and transfer the mixture to a bowl and let the mixture cool down.
Preparation of the raj kachori:
- After 30 mins, take the dough and knead the dough again and make balls with the dough. After that sprinkle some flour on the rolling area.
- Then roll the ball into small chapati and make sure that the kachori should not be too thin or too thick.
- Then with the spoon place some kachori masala in the middle and close the edges and make a boll. After that again roll the ball into small chapati and keep it in a plate.
- Repeat the same process for other balls as well. Cover the kachoris with a wet cloth to prevent drying.
- Then heat the oil in the pan and add a small piece of dough to the oil, if the dough is coming up gradually then the oil is ready for deep frying.
- Add the kachori to the oil and fry them on medium flame. Press the kachori softly so that they can puff.
- Once they turn golden brown and turn the other side and fry until it turns golden brown on the other side as well.
- Now take them into a plate with a paper tissue, so that it can absorb the excess oil. Now let them cool down.
preparation of raj kachori Chaat:
- Now take the Raj Kachori in a serving plate and make a well in the middle. Then add the boiled potatoes in the kachori.
- Then add some boiled moong dal and after that add tamarind chutney and green chutney, one after other.
- After that add curd on the top of the chutney. Then add boiled potatoes.
- Then sprinkle some red chili powder, chaat masala, and aam chur powder.
- Then add green chutney and red chutney. Then add curd on the top of the chutney.
- After that sprinkle, some save on the top of the curd. Then add the pomegranate seeds.
- Add chopped coriander leaves on the top and serve immediately.
- Make sure to assemble the chaat before serving only, or else it turns soggy. And you can assemble the chaat ingredients according to your choice.
Watch Rajasthani Raj kachori Recipe
Aloo Tikki Chaat: Aloo Tikki is made boiled white peas, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, and some spices. To make this, first, soak and boil the white peas in the pressure cooker. Then for aloo Tikki, boil the potatoes. Peel and mash the potatoes. After that add the salt, turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, to the potatoes and mix them really well. Now make the balls with the potato mixture and press them between the palms. Now shallow fry them and take them in a plate with a paper tissue.
Ragda: preparation, transfer the boiled peas to the pan and add salt, turmeric to the peas and mix well. Now add water and make sure that the ragda should not be too thin or too thick. Keep on stirring and mash some boiled peas with a spatula and turn off the stove. Finally, take a serving plate and plate Aloo Tikki in the middle. Then pour the regda on the top and then add the chopped onions, green chilis, chat masala, cumin powder, chili powder, green chutney, tamarind chutney, chopped coriander leaves, yogurt, and sev on the top.
Medhu Vadai: This is the South Indian breakfast recipe. This is prepared with soaked urad dal and served with chutney and sambar. First, soak the urad dal for min 4 hrs and them and make a fine paste of it with a blender. Shift this batter to a bowl and then add the salt,chopped onions, green chilis, coriander, and curry leaves and mix them well. After that wet your hand and take a ball of dough and make it into round shape and keep a whole in the middle like donuts.Then deep fry them in the oil until they turn golden brown. Serve them hot with chutney and sambar.