zucchini salad is healthy, crunchy, fresh and light on stomach. Similarly, this is easy to make and tastes great as well. And one of best options for meal when you are on diet. Moreover, serve zucchini salad as a side dish or as a meal by itself. As you know , Summer means Zucchini season. And salads are the best way to include greens in your food. This salad is the one of the great Zucchini recipes with less calories. Above all, there is no cooking involved an this recipe. Is it wonderful? So are you ready to make a yummy meal without much effort?
How to make Zucchini salad:
To make zucchini salad, first chop the veggies and keep them in separate bowls. Now take a salad bowl and add the chopped zucchini first and add the chopped cucumber, carrot. I added two types of zucchini here. Next add the chopped green chili and ginger. Combine them well. After that add the pepper powder and olive oil. Give it a stir. Finally squeeze some lemon juice and mix it well. Now rest for 20 mins, so that veggies can absorb the flavors well.
Know more about Zucchini salad ingredients:
Zucchini: It is also called as courgette. And it comes in yellow and green color. It is considered as a fruit and a vegetable as well. This is very nutritious. Likely, cooked zucchini has more vitamins than raw zucchini. To improve your eye sight add cooked zucchini in your diet. It is rich in antioxidants, and improves digestion as well. In addition to that, it promotes healthy bones too. One can consume zucchini as a raw form, or you can boil or saute in the oil.
Cucumber: Cucumbers are crunchy and like any other veggie they are less in calories and more in vitamins and minerals. Having cucumbers is highly beneficiary in summer because they contain 96% of water in them. So they provides the hydration also. Because of water content and fiber, they can reduce the constipation and helps to regulate the bowel movements. Never the less, they helps to loose weight also.
Olive oil: Olive oil is used as a dressing in this salad. It adds the wonderful aroma and flavor to this recipe. Olive is great for salads. Olive oil not only flavorful but also good for your skin and hair as well. Especially, it balances your cholesterol levels. And olive oil is the best source for monounsaturated oleic acids. Likely, olive can reduce the inflammation and can reduce the risk of heart disease too.
Pepper powder, ginger and green chili: Pepper powder and green chili are the source of spice for this salad. They are quite commonly used in Indian cooking. Green chili increases the metabolism and helps for healthy, glowing skin. And the reason behind this is vitamin-c and beta carotene. Along with that, they can reduce the body temperature ,pain and boost immune system and balances the sugar levels in blood.
Pepper is used as an Ayurvedic medicine from ages. This is the natural medicine for cough and cold. According to studies, ginger slows cancer. And best remedy for nausea. It helps with osteoarthritis. Ginger contains the gingerol, which is very advantageous for the body.
Zucchini salad recipe
- 1 cup green Zucchini slices
- 1 cup yellow zucchini slices
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 tbsp chopped green chili
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt adjust
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- First, take a salad bowl and add chopped zucchini first. After that add the grated carrot and sliced cucumber one after another.
- Stir them well. After that put the chopped green chili and ginger. You can adjust them accordingly.
- Next goes the pepper powder. Sprinkle the pepper powder on the salad. Combine all the veggies with pepper powder and green chilis.
- Now pour the olive oil in the salad bowl and squeeze some lemon juice in the salad.
- Finally, stir them well and check the taste. You can add salt or pepper now if you need. Now keep the salad aside, for 15 mins . So that veggies can absorb all the flavors.
- To make Zucchini curry, first, heat the oil the pan. After that put cumin seeds and mustard seeds. When they splutter, add curry leaves, chopped green chili and garlic. Fry them.
- Once they fried, put chopped onions and saute them until they turn golden brown. Now add the chopped tomatoes.
- Next add the salt, turmeric powder, chili powder and garam masala.
- Mix them well with tomatoes and cover the lid. Now cook them until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- After that goes the chopped Zucchini pieces. You can peel the zucchini skin before you cook. Stir them well with spices and cook till zucchini is cooked.
- Now add the boiled green peas and crushed dry fenugreek leaves on the top. Give it a stir.
- Cover the lid and cook for 3 to 5 mins.
- First, heat oil and ghee in the pressure cooker. You can use oil or ghee or both together. Once the oil is hot enough add cashew nuts and fry them.
- Now take them in a separate bowl and keep it a side. After that add the whole spices to the cooker and fry them. Till they turn aromatic.
- Then add the chopped onions, green chili and fry them as well. Next goes the ginger garlic paste. Saute it as well.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and fry them until they turn soft. Now add the button mushroom pieces.
- Fry the mushrooms along with spices and then add the salt. Now pour water in the cooker.
- Once the water boiled, add the soaked rice the water and mix every thing well. Now add the fried cashew nuts and chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves on the top.
- Finally, close the lid and cook the mushroom pulao for 2 whistles.
Cucumber Dal/Dosakaya Pappu:
Cucumber Dal or Dosakaya pappu is very tasty and healthy. It goes very well with rice, roti and chapati. To make this recipe
- First, wash and soak the Toor dal for 30 mins. Meanwhile chop the onions, tomatoes and green chilis.
- Once the dal is soaked add chopped veggies green chills and soaked dal to the pressure cooked and cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Turn of the stove and let the pressure go. Now take off the lid and mix dal and veggies together. Then cook the dal for 5 mins.
- After that take a pan and put oil in the pan. Now heat the oil in the pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, red chilis and crushed garlic.
- When the mustard seeds start splutter then add this tampering to the dal. Add 1 or 2 tbsp pf ghee add extra flavor to this recipe.