Bread patties are a snack or appetizer recipe. Moreover, this is close to the sandwich. Or else you can call it a fried sandwich. And this is crunchy from outside and juicy from inside. In addition to that, they are different snack recipes you can make with bread. Like bread bonds, bread bajji, and sandwiches.
Try this snack if you want to try something Diverse. Above all, this is yummy and quick too. Serve this with ketchup or some chutney. Never the less, Bread patties taste best when they are hot.
Serve them as a tea time snack for your guests. They are definitely going to love this because of its taste and texture. Likely, the technique of making this snack is same as chicken nuggets.
How to make bread patties:
To start the dish, first, we need to make the spread or filling. For that mash the boiled eggs. Mix them with salt and red chili flakes. After that heat the oil and saute the onions and add spices to the onions. Then pour the all-purpose liquid to the pan.
Then keep on stirring or else it will stick to the bottom. Finally, add the boiled egg mixture to the pan and mix everything well. Let the mixture cool down before spreading.
Then cut the bread slices in to circle shape and apply the spreading in the middle and cover it with the other slice. Finally, deep fry them after dipping into the egg and bread crumbs.
Know more about ingredients :
Spreading: Spreading enhances the taste of this recipe. Moreover, without spreading it won’t the same again. You can replace this spread with another but taste may differ.
To make the spread, boiled egg, some spices, and all-purpose water are used. Spices include pepper, red chili flakes, and garam masala. In addition to that, all-purpose flour add the thickness and creamy texture to this recipe. Egg gives wonderful taste.
coating or outer layer: This outer layer adds extra benefit to this recipe. For this outer layer, first we are dipping the bread in the beaten egg and then in the bread crumbs. So that outer layer turns into chewy and crunchy.
Likely, you can double dip the bread for thicker outer layer. And bread crumbs might be alter with bread crumbs with unflavored cornflakes crumbs or dry coconut powder. Especially, the bread should be thoroughly covered with the bread crumbs.
The egg acts as a binding agent. Because of that the bread crumbs can stick to the bread.
Bread Patties Recipe
- 10 Bread slices
Ingredients for spreading:
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp salt adjust
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 cup milk
Ingredients for coating:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- oil as needed for deep fry
- First, take the bread slices and take a round bowl or cookie cutter. Now cut the bread into circles with the cookie cutter or bowl.
- Keep them a side.
Prepration of the spread:
- First, take the boiled egg and cut it into the middle. Then take a potato masher and mash the boiled egg.
- After that add the red chili flakes and salt to the egg. combine them well with the egg.
- Next, heat the oil in the pan and add ginger garlic paste to the pan. saute the ginger garlic paste until the raw flavor is gone.
- Then add the chopped onions and saute as well. Then add the salt, pepper, and garam masala to the pan.
- Mix everything well, After that add the milk and stir. Cook this on the medium to low flame,
- While making spreading you need to keep on stirring. so that it can't stick to the bottom. After that add the boiled egg mixture to the spread and combine everything well.
- Now turn off the stove and let the spread cool down.
- Now take the circle shape bread slices into the plate.Take one bread slice and pread the egg spread on the bread.
- Then cover it with other bread slice like sandwich. Repeat the same for bread slices also.
- After that, take the bread sandwich and first dip it in the beaten egg. Then roll it in the bread crumbs.
- Make sure that the bread is fully covered with bread crumbs. For thick outer layer repeat the process for 2 times.
- Follow the same procedure for the other bread sandwiches also.
- Now heat the oil for deep fry. When the oil is hot enough drop the bread patties in the pan. Fry them slowly on the medium flame.
- Meanwhile, turn them so that they can fry evenly. Fry them until they turn golden brown. Take them into a paper tissue.
Watch Bread Patties Recipe Video:
Similar Recipes like Bread Patties:
Bread Bonda is the popular snack or street food in India. Moreover, you can find this in restaurants as well. And can be served for small get togethers or parties as well. To make this bread bonda
- The first step is to prepare the stuffing. The main ingredient for stuffing is the aloo.
- To make the stuffing, boil and mash the aloo. Then take it in a bowl and salt, chili powder, Garam masala, coriander leaves, and chopped green chili’s.
- Mix everything well and keep it aside. Adjust the taste.
- The second step is to fill the stuffing in the bread. For that, Take the bread slice and cut the edges.
- Now take the water in the bowl and dip the bread slice in the water and squeeze it quickly.
- Now keep the filling in the middle and close the edges and make it a ball.
- The third step is to deep fry the bread bond. For that heat the oil and when the oil is hot enough drop them slowly.
- Deep fry them until they turn golden brown and make sure to flip them in the middle. So that they fry evenly.
This is the quick snack and it doesn’t need much effort or time to make. If you are craving for a crunchy snack give it a try. Above all, this is different from the regular snacks like Pakoda, bajji. To make this snack we need to soak the poha for 15 mins. Above all, thick poha is the best for it’s recipe.
- Firstly, squeeze and remove the water from the Poha and make it like a paste by mashing.
- After that put the chili powder, salt, cumin-coriander powder, chopped green chilis, coriander leaves, curry leaves. Combine them well.
- Next, blend the besan and rice flour to the Poha and combine them well.
- Besan acts as a binding agent and rice flour adds the crunchiness to this recipe.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in the pan and make small pattie with the Poha.
- When the oil is hot enough drop them slowly in the oil and fry them.