Chilli paneer is an Indo Chinese recipe. In this chilli paneer, we dunk the fried paneer in spicy sauce. On the other hand, this is a great replacement for Chili chicken. Or else this is the veg version of chili chicken. Similarly, this can be served as an appetizer or starter. And this goes well with veg noodles, schezwan noodles, and fried rice too.
Chilli paneer is quick to make and less complicated too. Likely, you can this recipe with potatoes and gobi as well. For chilli paneer you can directly add the paneer to the spicy sauce too. But I like to add the crunchy paneer. Nevertheless, there is a dry version of this recipe as well.
How to make Chilli Paneer:
To make chilli paneer, first cut the paneer into medium size cubes. After that prepare the coating. To prepare the coating, take a mixing bowl. And add all-purpose flour, cornflour, pepper, salt, and water. Make the batter and mix the paneer cubes in this batter. Then deep the paneer cubes.
After that prepare the spicy sauce. First, heat the oil in the pan and add chopped, ginger, garlic, red chilis, onions, and capsicum. Saute them well. Then add the spices and soy sauce. After that add the fried paneer pieces and stir them well with the other ingredients.
After that add the cornflour mixture and give it a stir. Finally add the water and cook it for 2 mins. Serve the chili paneer with fried rice or noodles.
Know more about ingredients:
Spices: Spices like ginger, garlic, red chilis, pepper, are used in this recipe. Adjust the chili flakes according to your taste. Red chilis are very healthy. They help to fight inflammation. Similarly, they act as a natural pain reliever.
Fried garlic adds the crunch and excellent flavor to this recipe. This is the common ingredient in Indian and Chinese recipes. Garlic is the natural medicine for common cold and cough.
Ginger contains inflammatory properties and It reduces the period pain as well. Along with that, it can lower the risk of diabetes and cancer too.
Corn flour: This plays an important role in this recipe. This is the reason behind the thick and smooth saute. This acts as a thickening agent in the sauce. In addition to that, this is added to coat the paneer also. To add the crispiness to the paneer.
Coating/ marinade: Coating is required for crispy paneer. All-purpose flour and cornflour include crispiness to the paneer. On the other hand, Pepper adds little spice to the coating. Likely, resting the paneer with coating really improves the taste.
Chilli Paneer Recipe
ingredients for paneer coating:
- 1 cup paneer cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt adjust
- red chili flakes
- water as required
- oil for deep fry
Ingredients for sauce:
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 6 red chilis adjust
- 1/2 cup chopped onion cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicum cubes
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp cornflour mixture
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Cut the paneer into cubes and keep it in a bowl. Chop the onions and capsicum into cubes and keep them in separate bowls.
- Chop the ginger and garlic as well.
- To prepare the cornflour mixture, add 2 tbsp of cornflour to the bowl and add water to it. Make the mixture without any lumps.
Coating the paneer:
- Take a mixing bowl and all-purpose flour, cornflour, pepper, and salt to the bowl. Combine them together with a spoon.
- Now add water to the bowl to make a fine batter. Make sure they are no lumps. Finally, add the cubed paneer to the bowl.
- Now cover the paneer with the batter fully.
Preparation of chili paneer:
- After that heat the oil in the pan and when the oil is hot enough, drop the coated paneer carefully in the oil.
- Fry the paneer on the medium flame until it turns golden brown. Make sure to turn the paneer in between while frying.
- Take them in the paper cloth. So that it can absorb the excess oil.
- Again heat the oil in the pan and add chopped garlic to the pan. Then saute the garlic for 30 sec.
- Then add the chopped ginger. Fry the ginger as well. After that put the red chilis in the pan, Stir them.
- After that cubed onions and capsicum goes to the pan. Saute them along with other spices Until they turn little tender.
- After that add the red chili flakes, pepper powder, and salt. Give it a stir.
- Then add the soy sauce, and tomato ketchup. Combine them with other ingredients and fry for 1 min.
- Then add the cornflour mixture to the pan and blend it and cook for 1 min or until it get thickens.
- After that add the fried paneer to the pan. Mix the paneer along with the sauce. And fry for 1 min.
- Then pour water to the pan to make the thick sauce. Adjust the water accordingly.
- Cook it for 1 min or until the required consistency. Finally add the chopped coriander leaves on the top.
- Cook for 2 mins and serve the chili paneer hot.
Watch Chilli Paneer Recipe Video:
Veg Manchurian recipe: As you know they are different Manchurian like gobi Manchuria, paneer Manchurian, chicken Manchurian,. And this recipe belongs to the same family. Moreover, this is the popular street food in India.
To make this recipe first, we need to make the veg balls. Secondly we need to fry them. Finally, toss them in the sauce.
- First, chop the veggies of your choice. Like cabbage, carrots, beans, onions, and capsicum.
- Then add the flour, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs. Combine them well. Make small size balls.
- After that fry these balls in the oil. Or else you can bake them as well for the healthier version.
- To make the sauce heat the oil again in the pan. Add chopped ginger and garlic and saute them.
- Then add the capsicum, onions, and spring onions and saute them. Add the chili sauce, soy sauce, and chili paste.
- After that add the cornflour water and stir well. Cook it for 1 min. Then add the pepper, vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- Mix them well. Cook it until the sauce gets thicken.
- Finally, add the fried Manchurian balls to the pan and serve them hot.
Hot and sour soup: This is yummy, healthy, and great for winters. This is full of veggies, hot and sour in taste. To make this soup
- First, heat the oil in the pan and chopped ginger, garlic to the pan. Saute them for 1 min.
- Then add the chopped onions and fry them along with the ginger and garlic.
- After that add the mushroom and saute them until they turn a little brown.
- Then add the shredded carrot, and cabbage. Fry them for 2 more mins.
- Then pour the water/veg stock to the pan and let the water. When the water starts boiling pour the corn starch mixture.
- Give it a stir and let the soup come to a boil. Then add the salt, soy sauce, vinegar, and pepper.
- Mix them well in the soup and boil the soup until the desired consistency and turn off the stove.
- Garnish the soup with spring onions and serve hot.