Crunchy shrimp fry is a simple, delicious recipe which can make it at home without much effort. On the other hand, this is one of the recipes with fewer ingredients yet tastes awesome and can make it in 30 mins. This is a starter, appetizer, finger snack. That’s the best part of this recipe. Moreover, this is not at all spicy so your kids are definitely gonna love it. Use coconut powder and cornflour for coating. Can replace coconut powder with bread crumbs but these Crunchy shrimp fries taste better with coconut powder.
How to make Crunchy shrimp fry:
For this Crunchy shrimp fry, firstly marinate the prawns with mustard oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and lemon juice. Then coat the prawns with cornflour, coconut powder, and salt. Finally deep fry them in oil. Above all, prawns are very nutritious. They are a good source of high protein, less in calories and high in good cholesterol. Moreover, including prawns in your diet improves your heart health and strengthen your bones. Try this recipe at home and I’m sure your family definitely gonna love it and you will make again and again.
know more about ingredients:
Prawns: Prawns are the main ingredient of this recipe. Tiger prawns are the best choice to make this recipe. prawns shink in size once they are cooked. Taking prawns in our daily diet helps build strong bones because they contain phosphorous, copper and magnesium. Which helps in developing a good immune system.
Coconut and cornflour: Corn flour and coconut powder are useful to coat the prawns. They add the crispiness to the prawns. while coating the prawns make sure that every prawn is covered with a coating. With hand, you can cover the prawns with cornflour and coconut powder. And adjust the salt and pepper according to your taste at this stage. can use store-bought coconut powder or freshly homemade. Both work well with crispy shrimp.
Crunchy Shrimp fry Recipe
Ingredients for shrimp marination
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 10-12 prawns
ingredients for coating
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp salt adjust according to your taste
- 1/2 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp coconut powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- oil for deep fry
- Take the prawns in a bowl and add mustard oil, salt, pepper powder, crushed garlic, oregano, and lemon juice.
- Mix well with spoon or hand. Keep it aside for 20 mins
procedure for coating:
- Take a medium size plate and add corn flour, salt, pepper powder, oregano, and coconut powder. And mix well with a spoon.
- Take one marinated prawn and roll it carefully in this mixture and make sure that the prawns are completely covered with a coating. Keep it in a plate
- Repeat the same process for rest of the prawns also. better to coat your prawns with hand so that you can coat all the prawns properly.
- Crispiness comes because of this coating so this coating is the key for crispy prawns. The coconut powder adds extra crunch to the prawns.
Preparation of crispy prawns:
- Heat the oil in the deep dry pan or kadai on the medium to high flame.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add the prawns to the oil and fry them for 3 mins on one side or else until they turn golden brown.
- Then turn to the other side. once they are fried take them in the tissue or paper towel. so that it can absorb the excess oil.
- You can fry these prawns in batches but they should not be crowded.
- Finally, garnish them chopped coriander and serve hot with lemon wedges.
Watch the Crunchy Shrimp fry Recipe video:
Garlic shrimp/ prawns: This garlic shrimp is similar to crispy prawns. For this Garlic, shrimp marinate the shrimp with pepper, olive oil, and salt after cleaning. Then melt the butter in a large pan and after melting the butter add prawns. season the prawns with salt, chili flakes, and lemon juice. Saute until the prawns are cooked or turned pink. Then add garlic and cook for 2mins. Then add chopped parsley and stir. Finally, serve the garlic shrimp hot.
Prawns fry: Prawns fry is a tasty recipe easy to prepare. All you need to do is take a pan or Kadai. Firstly marinate the prawns with salt, chili powder, and ginger garlic paste and keep it aside. Then heat the oil in a Kadai and then add cumin seeds. let seeds splutter then add chopped onions and green chillis. Saute them until the onions are soft or golden brown. Finally, add marinated prawns and stir. Stir occasionally and saute until the prawns are cooked. Add curry leaves to the prawns. And serve the hot prawns fry with rice.