Paneer Tikka is a lip-smacking appetizer or starter recipe. And crispy, smoky from outside, and juicy from inside. Moreover, each bite is busted with flavors and makes you crave for more. Above all, it is simple to make and doesn’t call for fancy ingredients.
Importantly, the whole family can enjoy this starter or snack without any complaints. In other words, this is the veg version of Chicken Tikka. As you know, Indian parties are not complete without Tikka on the dining table either veg or non veg. Try this recipe for your next get together and get ready for compliments. Serve this paneer Tikka with tomato ketchup or chutney.
How to make Paneer Tikka:
To make this Paneer Tikka, first prepare the paneer mixture. For that in a large bowl mix grated paneer with chopped onions, mashed potatoes, salt, and spices. And add cornflour also to this mixture. After that make it as dough and keep it a side.
Then the second step is to make the paste or mixture to dip Paneer Tikka. For that in a bowl take besan. Combine that with salt, water, and chili powder. Similarly, make sure that they are no lumps.
Third, step is making the paneer tikka and dip them in the besan mixture first. Then roll them in the bread crumbs. Finally, Tawa fry or shallow fry them on the pan.
Know more about ingredients:
Paneer and potato: The title itself says, paneer is the main ingredient of this recipe. You can use home made paneer or store bought paneer. Paneer should be fresh and moist.Paneer is the cottage cheese and it is made from whole milk.
On the other hand, mashed potato plays a critical role in this recipe. This acts as a binding agent too. Never the less, the potato has no cholesterol, fat, or sodium. Similarly, it contains more potassium than a banana. Above all, it is widely used in cooking. Potato snacks are a favorite for everyone.
spices: Chili powder, garam masala powder, cumin, and coriander powder are involved in this recipe. They add spice, awesome taste, and very beneficial as well. Chili increases the metabolism.
Garam masala is prepared with whole spices like pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves. They boost the immunity. Above all, they packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. And they wonderful aroma taste to the dish. Yet, you need to consume in limited quantities only.
Outer layer: The outer layer is crispy, crunchy. and tasty. Because tikka is dipped in besan mixture and rolled in bread crumbs. Bread crumbs add crunch to this recipe. Furthermore, besan mixture helps the bread crumbs to stick to the tikka.
Paneer Tikka Recipe
- 1/2 cup grated paneer
- 2 tbsp chopped green chilis
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1/4 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp cumin coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour
ingrediets for the coating:
- 1/4 cup besan
- 1 tsp salt adjust
- water as required
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- First, take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients to make paneer tikka in the bowl to the bowl and make like a dough.
- Then divide the dough into equal parts. Then take a ball and press between the palms to make tikka.
- Repeat the same process for others as well, Now take them in a plate.
preparation of coating:
- After that take a bowl and add besan salt, chili powder to the bowl. Mix them well. Now make a paste by adding water, Make sure that there are no lumps.
- This coating forms as a crunchy layer after frying.
- After that keep the besan mixture, bread crumbs, and paneer tikkas near the work space.
- Now take the paneer tikka and dip it first in the besan mixture and then roll it in the bread crumbs. Repeat the same process for all the paneer tikkas.
- Double-check that the tikka is fully covered with bread crumbs.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in the pan. When the oil is hot, place the paneer tikka carefully on the pan.
- Don't overcrowd the pan with paneer tikka. So that they can fry properly. And make sure to fry them on medium flame only.
- Shallow fry them until they turn golden brown. Flip them in between so that they can fry evenly on both sides.
- Take them in the paper tissue, so that it can absorb the excess oil. Serve them with ketchup or some dipping.
Watch Paneer Tikka Recipe Video:
Similar Recipes Like Paneer Tikka :
Paneer butter masala:
This is a gravy recipe goes well with roti, chapati, and naan. And the gravy is smooth and silky in texture and little bit sweet as well. Alike, this is considered as a rich a dish because of the cashews. Generally, people prefer this for special occasions.
- First, chop the paneer and veggies like onions and tomatoes.Keep them in seperate bowls.
- Then heat the oil in the pan and onions. Saute them until they turn golden brown.
- Next tomatoes goes to the pan. Add salt, chili powder as well. Fry until the tomatoes turn soft.
- After that add the cashews, garam masala, and sugar.Saute them as well.
- Now let the mixture cool down and blend it in to a fine paste.
- Next, melt the butter in the pan and put spices like bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon, and clove.
- Fry them until they turn aromatic. Then add ginger garlic paste and saute it as well.
- After that add the masala paste and give it a stir. Then add salt, kasthuri mathi to the gravy.
- Now cover the lid and cook until the required consistency. Finally, add the Paneer cubes to the gravy.
- Stir the gravy and check the taste. Adjust the taste and serve.
Kadai paneer is a semi gravy recipe and you can make as dry also. serve this as a side dish. Importantly, very few ingredients needed for this recipe. to start this recipe
- First, make the kadai paneer masala with coriander seeds and red chilis.
- Then heat the oil in the pan and add finely choppped onions to the pan.
- Fry then until they become translucent. Ginger garlic paste goes next to the pan.
- Saute till the flavor is gone. Then add chopped tomatoes and fry them until they become soft.
- After add put the capsicum to the pan and fry until they half cooked.
- Then add the salt, garam masala, and Kadai paneer masala. Combine every thing well.
- Now add half cup water cover the lid and cook.
- Serve the Kadai paneer with rice or roti.
Paneer pakora is similar to onion Pakoda. This best as a starter, appetizer, or a evening snack.
- First, make the pakora batter with Besan, salt, chili powder, garam masala and carom seeds.
- The should be smooth and without any lumps.
- Next, chop the paneer into cubes and dip the paneer in the batter.
- Drop them slowly in the hot oil to deep fry them. Make sure to fry them on medium flame only.
- After that take them in the paper towel, so that it can absorb the excess oil.
- Serve the paneer pakora with chutney.