Tawa pulao is one of the easiest recipes for a lunchbox or for quick party menu. Tawa pulao is one of the popular street foods and it is easy to make and tasty too. In this recipe, we mix the boiled rice with vegetables and pav bhaji masala. In addition to it, you can use veggies of your choice peas, potatoes, carrots, capsicum, and beans are my favorite for this recipe. However, you can add the veggies you like. Tawa pulao will be easier if you have leftover rice. You can make this tawa pulao within no time if you have leftover rice. This goes well with yogurt or raita.
How to make a quick yummy Tawa Pulao :
To make quick tawa pulao we have to prepare the ingredients priorly so that we can make it quickly. Tawa pulao can be done both veg and non-veg. Depending on the taste you can adjust the spiciness. Tawa pulao should be served hot. vegetables like capsicum and green peas, french beans and you can add cauliflower also it is an optional vegetable. Tawa pulao can be served with a raitha. Know more about the ingredients.
- Tawa: The main ingredient for tawa pulao is the tawa. the tawa should be flat and broad so we can mix the rice well and the heat will spread evenly.
- Rice: Rice can be a hot pot basmati rice or you can cook with leftover rice or we can have with the fresh rice.
- Vegetables: vegetables like capsicum and green peas, french beans and you can add cauliflower also it is an optional vegetable.
- Masala: Masala for this recipe is very light like we can use our homemade garam masala or you can use biryani masala. But preparing with a basmati rice will add more flavor to the recipe.
- 1 cup rice
- 4 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil/butter/ghee
- 1/4 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 tbsp green peas
- 5 beans
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 turmeric powder
- 1/4 chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt adjust according to your taste
- 2 1/2 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- soak one cup of basmati rice in a big bowl for 20 minsAdd 4 cups of water in a big vessel, add 1 tsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt , allow it to boil.
- Add the soaked rice to the vessel . drain and rinse the rice properly before you add.Boil the rice properly until they cooked
- Take a pan and heat the ghee in a pan. Add onions and saute the onions
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw flavor is gone.
- Add capsicum and saute until they become soft
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and saute until they become soft
- Add boiled veggies, salt, turmeric and chilli powder and mix well, cook well until the oil separates from masala
- Add pav bhaji masala and mix well
- Finally add boiled rice to the masala and mix well with out breaking the rice
- Add coriander leaves and lemon juice on the top and mix well
- Serve this tawa pulao with yogut and raita
Similar recipes with same ingredients:
- We can make chicken tawa pulao were in the place of veggies we can use boiled chicken. If you have leftover chicken curry you can use it too.
- Paneer tawa pulao will be another similar recipe. We can cook deep fry paneer like giving some masala marination. Add a bit of pepper, salt, and cornflour to the paneer and deep fry them. Add this fried paneer to the veg tawa pulao to make it tastier.
- You can also try Egg tawa pulao. Add scrambled eggs and add only onions capsicum and green peas in place of veggies to the recipe to make a different type of tawa pulao.