Schezwan fried rice is the Indo Chinese recipe which you can have for lunch or dinner. This is similar to the fried rice But the only extra ingredient is the Schezwan sauce. This can be easily made with the leftover rice within 15 mins. This is a great option for kids’ lunch boxes. Above all, this is a healthy recipe because of the veggies and less oil.
How to make spicy Schezwan Fried Rice:
schezwan sauce is the key ingredient of this recipe. To make the schezwan sauce first heat the oil in a kadhai and fry the chopped ginger and garlic. Then add red chili paste. And mix well. Then add water and cook. After that add soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and tomato ketchup and mix well. On low flame cook for 15 mins. Or else simply use the store-bought sauce.
To make the schezwan fried rice first heat the oil in the wok or kadhai, add chopped garlic. Then add the veggies and saute them. After that add the vinegar, salt, soy sauce, chili sauce, and schezwan sauce. Finally, add the boiled rice to the Kadai and mix well. Toss the rice.
Know more about ingredients:
Schezwan sauce: This is the main ingredient for schezwan fried rice. You can make this at home or else can use the store-bought sauce. This can be easily available in all Indian and Chinese supermarkets. The homemade sauce can easily store for 1 month in the fridge. Red chillis are the main ingredient for this schezwan sauce.
Rice: Leftover rice suits for this recipe. If it is not available, cook the rice and let it cool down. The rice should be dry and separate. you can use basmati or sona masuri rice for this recipe. Soak the rice for 20 mins before cooking. The rice should not be sticky. Add a few drops of oil while boiling the rice so that rice won’t be sticky.
WoK: The smoky flavor is the key to the tasty fried rice. That smoky flavor comes when the veggies are stir-fried in the wok on the high flame. If the Wok is not available use the iron skillet or wide pan. Can use veggies of your choice like carrot, bell peppers, spring onion, beans, cabbage.
Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe
Ingredients for schezwan chutney
- 3 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp salt
Ingredients for fried rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped beans
- 1/4 cup belpeppers
- 1/4 cup cabbage
- 2 tbsp spring onions
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp schezwan sauce
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tbsp onions
- Pre preparation for schezwan sauce:
- Firstly soak the rec chillis for 20 mins in the water and keep it aside. After that make a fine paste with the red chilis in the blender and keep it aside in the bowl.
- Chop the garlic and ginger. Keep them in seperatly in bowls.
Boiling rice for the Fried rice:
- Rinse and soak the basmati rice for 20 mins. After that heat the water in the vessel and add salt and a few drops of oil to the water.
- Then add soaked and drained rice to the water. cook the rice on the medium flame. The rice needs to be just cooked.
- After that drain the excess water and rinse the rice under cold water. Now spread the rice on the plate. Let the rice cool down completely.
Preparation of schezwan sauce:
- Firstly, heat the oil in the pan and add chopped garlic to the pan. Fry the garlic. After that add the chopped ginger. Fry the ginger also.
- Then add the red chili paste and mix well with the garlic and ginger. cover the lid and cook on the low flame. After that add water and stir well. Cover the lid and cook for 5 mins.
- After that add the soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and tomato ketchup to the pan. Mix the ingredients well and cook on the low flame until the oil separates.
- Finally, turn off the stove and let it cool down.
preparation of schezwan fried rice
- Heat the oil in the pan and add chopped garlic to the pan and fry them. Then add chopped veggies like carrots and beans and fry them on high flame.
- After that add the rest of the veggies and fry them for 1 min. Then add the salt. Mix them with veggies.
- Then add the boiled rice and Schezwan sauce and mix well. Toss the rice so that the rice is fully covered with the sauce and spices. Finally, add the spring onions on the top.
- Serve the hot Schezwan fried rice with Indo Chinese sauce.
Watch the Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe Video:
Veg Pulao: To make the veg pulao, take a thick bottomed pan and heat the oil or ghee in the pan. Then add spices and fry them until they turn aromatic. Add onions and fry them until they turn brown. Then add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw flavor is gone. Now add the chopped veggies and fry them. Then add the soaked Basmati rice and fry them for 2 mins. Finally, add water and cover the lid and cook. Serve the hot veg pulao with raita.
Chicken pulao: First take a thick bottomed pan and heat the ghee. When the ghee is hot enough, add whole spices and let them fry until they turn aromatic. Next add onions and fry them until they turn brown. Now add the marinated chicken, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, chili powder, salt, coriander leaves, and mint leaves. Cook the chicken in the spices. Then add the soaked basmati rice and mix well with the spices and chicken. Finally, add the water and cover the lid and cook. Serve the chicken biryani with sliced onions and raita.