Chicken Fried rice is the Chinese recipe, in which we saute the cooked rice with veggies or chicken. This is a healthy, simple and easy cooking meal which can make within 30 mins. So this recipe is the best choice for kids lunch boxes, office meals or dinner after a long day. Can make a variety of fried rice like veg fried rice, chicken fried rice, shrimp fried, etc… and add veggies or chicken according to your taste. It is the satisfying whole meal which can be made easily with leftover rice. The process is very simple but the taste is great. This recipe needs to be done on high flame only. Because of that, you get crunchiness to the veggies. Sauteing chicken and veggies with pepper and salt on the high flame is the key to this recipe.
How to make Chicken Garlic Fried Rice :
For this chicken fried rice firstly saute the chicken pieces with pepper and keep it aside. secondly, saute the veggies and make crumbled eggs in the pan itself. Then, saute the boiled rice with veggies and chicken and add spices according to taste. Add aji- na- moto or tasting salt for extra taste but this is optional. Use veggies of your choice like corn, bell peppers, mushrooms any veggies according to your taste. Certainly, give it a try if you are a fried rice fan and I’m sure you won’t get disappointed.
Know more about ingredients:
Chicken: chicken is the main ingredient for this brunt garlic fried rice. Cut the chicken into small pieces or cubes. On the other hand, big chicken pieces become rubbery in texture while sauteing. In addition to that, they take more time too. Above all, take the only boneless chicken. Can replace the fresh chicken with boiled chicken.
Rice: Leftover rice goes well with this recipe. If it’s not available to use freshly cooked rice. But let the rice cool down before adding. Basmati rice is the best choice for fried rice. If it is not available to add go for sona masuri rice. Certainly, the rice shouldn’t be sticky.
Egg: Egg adds extra flavor to the recipe. It can increase the egg quantity according to your taste. The flame should be in high while adding the egg. After that let it cook for few secs then break it and mix it with veggies. Don,t scramble the egg too much. So that the whole will stick to the veggies like a cream. The scrambled egg pieces should be seen in the recipe.
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped beans
- 1/4 cup cabbage
- 1/4 cup carrot
- 1 cup boiled rice
- 1/2 cup chicken cubes/pieces
Instructions for boiling rice:
- Firstly, take 1 cup of basmati rice and rinse the rice in the water until the starch is gone.
- Then soak the basmati rice in a large bowl for 20 mins and drain off the water and keep it a side.
- Take a pot or vessel and add 5-6 cups of water to the pot and let the water boil. Add salt and 1/2 tsp of oil to the water.
- Then add soaked and drained basmati rice to the pot and boil the rice until it's just cooked or on a medium flame without lid.
- Then drain the rice and wash it with cold water so that it won't be sticky. Then allow it to cool down.
- Simply you can use leftover rice for this recipe, it works well and you can finish this Brunt garlic chicken fried rice with no time.
- Chop the veggies like onions, garlic, cabbage, beans finely and keep them it aside.
- Take the boneless chicken and cut the chicken into small pieces or cubes and keep them aside.
- Heat the oil a wok or pan and add 2 tbsp of oil and heat the oil .And then add chicken pies or cubes to the pan.
- Then add salt and pepper powder to the chicken and mix well with chicken.
- Fry the chicken with salt and pepper so that it can absorb the flavors . When the chicken is fried take it out and keep it separately in a bowl. Don't fry the chicken too much so that it become rubbery
- Add 2 tbsp of oil to the wok or pan and heat the oil on the medium flame.
- Then add finely chopped garlic to the pan and saute the garlic for 30 sec.
- Then add finely chopped onions to the pan and saute the onions along with garlic.
- Then add finely chopped carrots, beans, cabbage to the pan and mix well .Then toss the veggies continuously on the high flame for 2-3 mins.
- Don't over cook the veggies and the veggies need to be crunchy. You can add veggies of your choice like peas, capsicum, corn etc.
- Then add salt, pepper, chili flakes to the veggies and stir them one more time.
- Move the veggies a side in the pan and make an om-late with with beaten egg. let the om-late cook for 1 min and break the om-late in to pieces and mix it along with veggies.
- Then add boiled rice to the veggies and toss the rice with veggies for 2 to 3 mins so that the absorbs all the flavor from the veggies.
- Finally, add fried chicken and to the rice and mix well with rice. Toss the rice for 2 more mins on the high flame continuously. Add chopped spring onions at this time if you want.
- serve the hot chicken fried rice plain or along with some gravy like veg Manchurian.
Watch the Chicken Fried Rice Recipe Video:[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccU6oK2pU6A[/embedyt]
Veg- fried rice: Veg fried rice made with only veggies without adding chicken. For this fried rice toss finely chopped veggies like carrot, peas, cabbage, corn, etc on high flame. Then add boiled rice, pepper, chili flakes and toss together on high flame for 2 to 3 mins. Or else the rice got the flavors from veggies. Moreover, any vegetable of your choice can add to this fried rice. Adding a scrambled egg adds extra flavor to this recipe.
Schezwan fried rice: Schezwan fried rice is very similar to veg fried rice. For this schezwan fried rice saute finely chopped veggies on the high flame. Then add boiled rice to the veggies and saute well. Finally and schezwan sauce to the rice and mix well.
Shrimp/prawn fried rice: This is similar to chicken fried rice. Instead of chicken add shrimp in the fried rice and saute with boiled rice and scrambled rice. But cook time may vary from one recipe to another. Adding veggies to this your choice. Don’t use the frozen shrimp for this recipe.