Dry fruit laddu is the healthy laddu recipe because there is no sugar or jaggery in this recipe. So, this is the best dessert for diabetic patients. There are no perfect measurements for this recipe, can adjust the quantities according to your taste. But, should use more dates because dates are the binding factor for this recipe. Above all, this is a no cooking recipe. This is the best energy booster after or before the workout and while you are fasting. This healthy laddu is good for kids also. Not only kids all age groups can enjoy this laddu.
How to make Healthy Dry fruit laddu:
For making Dry fruit laddu, firstly take seedless dates and raisins then blend them in a jar. Then add desiccated coconut powder, sliced almonds cashews, pistachios, peanuts to the dates and mix well. Finally, add poppy seeds, flax seed powder, and cinnamon powder. Mix one more time and make laddus with our hand. Can add ghee in the blender if not able make a paste of dates and raisins. For this Laddu, you can choose dry fruits of your favorite like fig, apricot, etc.
Know more about ingredients:
Dry fruits: Dates and raisins are the main ingredients for this dry fruit laddu. Because this is the binding factor of this laddu. As you know, we are not using any sugar or jaggery for this recipe. All the sweetness of this recipe comes from these ingredients. Dates are very nutritious and rich in fiber.
Nuts: Nuts like almonds, cashews, pistachios, and peanuts are used in this recipe. Finely chopped nuts are preferable for this recipe. Can roast the nuts in the ghee if you want. Almonds are a good source of calcium and fiber. Cashews are rich in protein and help to improve your immune system.
Flax seeds: Adding flax seeds gives a healthy addon to the recipe. Flax seeds high in nutrients and omega-3 fats. These are rich in dietary fiber, lower cholesterol levels.
Dry fruit laddu Recipe
- 1 cup Dates
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup coconut powder/
- 1 tbsp pistachios chopped
- 1 tbsp almonds chopped
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts chopped
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tbsp flax seeds powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ghee optional
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Remove the seeds from dates and keep them in a bowl.
- Dry roast the flax seeds and make a fine powder and keep it aside.
- Chop the almonds, cashews, pistachios, and peanuts and keep them in separate bowls.
- Take the coconut pieces into a blender and make a fine powder by blending them.
- Take 1 cup of dates and 1/4 cup of raisins into the blender and blend them into a paste. Then transfer that mixture into a bowl or a plate.
- Then add chopped almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, peanuts, flax seeds powder, coconut powder, and cinnamon powder. And mix well.
- After that add poppy seeds and mix all the ingredients and then divide the mixture into small equal portions.
- Finally, make laddu by rolling them in your palms. Can apply ghee to your palms while making laddus.
- Store them in an airtight jar. Can have them for breakfast, snack or dessert.
Watch Dry Fruit laddu Recipe Video:[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnzEJ_yrZas[/embedyt]
Dry fruit chikki: Can make dry fruit chikki with sugar or jaggery. First, melt the sugar or jaggery in a pan and then add the chopped nuts like almonds, cashews, and peanuts. Stir the mixture continuously until it starts leaving the pan. After that turn of the stive immediately. Apply ghee in a plate and spread this mixture in that plate. let it cool down a little bit and then cut it to pieces.
Protein laddu: This is a healthy dessert too. For this Protein laddu first dry roast the oats, urad dal, Ragi flour, sesame seeds, almonds, cashew nuts and make a fine powder. Then roast this powders in the melted ghee until the raw flavor is gone. Then add jaggery powder to the mixture. Finally, mix everything well and make laddu by applying ghee to your palms.