Hariyali chicken or a green chicken of its color and ingredients. This is an appetizer or a starter which can make with less time and effort. This recipe is different from other chicken recipes because of the marination. Very few ingredients are required for this recipe. The green color for this Hariyali chicken comes from herbs like mint and coriander. They are the star ingredients for this recipe. This Haryali chicken is very healthy. Chicken is a good source of protein and very less oil is required for this appetizer.
How to make Hariyali Chicken :
For this Hariyali chicken, First make a paste with the mint, coriander, green chilis, and garlic. Then marinate the chicken with the green paste for 30 mins. So that the chicken absorbs all the flavors from the green paste. Then fry the chicken on the pan for 5 mins and finally, roast it in the grill. while roasting keep the flame on medium. Grill on pan process or else tandoori process can be used to prepare this recipe.
Know more about ingredients:
Chicken: Chicken is the main ingredient for this Hariyali chicken. Can take boneless chicken or chicken with bone. Moreover, Chicken is a good source of protein and it helps to maintain body weight and increases metabolism. and prevents bone loss. Above all, should consume the chicken at limited levels.
Green paste: The green color for the Haryali chicken comes from this paste. For making this green paste add mint, coriander, green chillis and garlic to the blender. And make it a fine paste. Mint improves digestion and helps with the seasonal cold and sour throat. Coriander is a good source of calcium. In addition to that, it regulates the blood pressure and including coriander in your dies helps reduce the risk of heart attacks.
Hariyali Chicken Recipe
ingredients for marination:
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 4 green chillis
- 12-15 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil for roasting chicken
- Take a blender and add mint leaves, green chillis, coriander leaves, and garlic cloves to the jar. Then make a fine paste. And keep it separately in a bowl.
- Then cut the chicken in to medium size pieces. can cake boneless chicken or chicken with bone
- Take the chicken pieces into a medium-sized bowl and add the green paste to the chicken and mix well. So that the chicken can fully be coated with the green paste.
- Then add oil and salt to the chicken and mix well. Rest the mixture for 30 mins. so that the can absorb the flavor.
- Take frying pan or skillet and heat it on the medium flame. And add oil to the pan. When pan is hot enough add the chicken pieces to the pan.
- When they turn little brown flip them to the other side. So that they can cook on both sides.
- Then transfer them to the grill and roast them on the fire on the medium heat. Flip them to another side when they turn brown color. And this is the secret behind this tasty Hariyali chicken.
- Make sure that the chicken pieces should not overlap while frying or roasting chicken.
- Finally, serve the hot Hariyali chicken with sliced onions and diced leamon.
Watch Hariyali Chicken Recipe Video:
Gongura chicken: For this Gongura chicken marination is a must. marinate the chicken with salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, ginger garlic paste, and garam masala. Then make a paste of sauted Gongura and green chillis. Then take a Kadai and saute onions and ginger-garlic paste. After that add marinated chicken and let the chicken cook. Finally, add Gongura paste and cook the chicken with Gongura paster until the chicken becomes soft. Can adjust spices according to your taste.
Chicken Tikka: For chicken tikka, Marination is the key. First marinate the chicken with Yogurt/curd, chillis, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, coriander powder, lemon juice, and oil. Refrigerate the marinated chicken for 4 hrs at least. Can add some veggies like onion and capsicum to the marinade. Finally, line the chicken alternatively with veggies on the skewers and grill the chicken tikka in over. Above all, cut the chicken pieces in equal size so that they can grill equally.