Biryani is everyone’s favorite dish. Let us all know the best biryanis in detail. Let all of us just travel to history first. The word is derived from a Persian phrase birian, means fried before cooking. It moved a long way from Persia via Afghanistan to India. The oldest cuisine consists of more than 15 different spices and different techniques. In India, we have so many varieties, like every state has their style originated from their cultural history and flavors.
Above all in India, we can see different types of like chicken, lamb, fish, prawns, and also for vegetarians we have paneer, mushroom, mixed vegetable. It is a wholesome, colorful cuisine that attracts everyone towards it. Moreover, rice is the main staple food for some of the states in India, and flavored rice is compulsory for every Indian wedding or any ceremony.
8 Best Varieties of Biryani:
Now let us jump into the topic the eight best biryanis must try as we all know they so many varients And also the best place to have it. Therefore we are mentioning only the eight best according to our popular reviews and polls from different sources.
Discovered from the kitchens of nizam. Hyderabadi biryani is world-famous. A perfect blend of whole spices and basmati rice and chicken or meat. The cooking process starts with the marination of chicken or lamb with spices like chilli cardamon, cinnamon, black pepper, and fried onions with herbs like mint coriander leaves and ginger garlic paste.
Now comes the best places where we can find the best authentic. In Hyderabad, every street sells the best.
- Hotel Shadab Madina Circle, Ghansi Bazaar, Hyderabad. Shadab is one of the famous places for biryani and also some delicious haleem. They serve veg and nonveg biryanis and kebabs and all other cuisines.
- Bawarchi Restaurant RTC Cross Rd, Hyderabad. The biryani taste will be different from other places. They serve cuisines like Biryani, Chinese, Sea Food, Hyderabadi, North Indian.
- Shah Ghouse Cafe & Restaurant Toli Chowki, Hyderabad. The best places to have traditional biryani for sure. Must try cuisines are Chicken biryani, Chicken tikka, Butter Naan, Mutton Biryani.
# 2 Lucknowi/Awadhi Biryani :
Strait comes from the nawab’s kitchen. This is the royal biryani made up of nuts, saffron, curd, spices, and herbs. Lucknowi biryani is rich in taste and aromatic. It is very much famous in the northern part of India. The process includes dry roasting the spices like star anise and cinnamon and all other spices to make a fine powder. Marination crucial steps. Layering with rice were the spices have to indulge the flavour to rice and saffron for colouring naturally the rice and kewra for the aromatic burst to the dish all come up in a step by step process to make great delicacy.
It very popular all over India we can find this dish in most of the restaurants in India. But as you all know best can only be served in their roots. The best places which must try when we are in Lucknow.
- Dastarkhwan Lalbagh, Lucknow. A food feast for nonvegetarians. They offer a wide variety of dishes like Mughlai, all types of biryani and kebabs.
- Wahid Biryani Lucknow. One of the famous place. They all serve Mughlai and other north Indian dishes.
- Idrees Biryani, Lucknow. The best place for having the best Awadhi mutton biryani.
# 3 Kolkata Biryani :
Kolkata biryani is another distinct variety were the flavours will be different from others. This looks moist and fragrant. The recipe includes all whole spices meat and also potatoes because potatoes will be economical compared to meat so everyone can afford it. This dish is slightly similar to Awadhi because it is more influenced by nawab style cooking. Preparation starts from pan-frying the potatoes and marinating the mutton with the spices. After that, the vegetables and meat can be cook in a pressure cooker, and yakini from the muton is stained to boil the rice.
Best places to enjoy the Kolkata biryani in Kolkata
- Aminia Restaurant Kolkata. the restaurant is the most popular and the oldest in Kolkata. and served the best quality biryani and also other dishes.
- Royal India Hotel Kolkata. A well-maintained family restaurant everyone can enjoy with their family. It serves all other Indian cuisines also.
- Shiraz Golden Restaurant Kolkata. they serve the best in Kolkata and Mughlai cuisines and all other north Indian dishes.
# 4 Thalassery/Malabari Biryani :
Malabari or Thalassery biryani is famous in the southern part of India. The provenance is from the Malabar region of Kerala. As it is prepared with Khyma or Jeerakasala rice. Most people believe that it is compulsory to use Khyma or Jeerakasala rice. The process includes Malabari spices with fresh meat or kheema and semi boiled rice for dum.
Best places to try Thalassery biryani in Malabar region
- Rara Avis Restaurant, Thalassery. It offers the best authentic Thalassery biryani in that region. And also provide other Indian, Chinese cuisines.
- Paris Restaurant ( old ), Thalassery. It serves the best biryani in town. Delicious dishes served at affordable prices and with a traditional touch.
# 5 Bombay Biryani :
The dish emerged from the Irani kitchen. Traditional Bombay biryani mostly prepared with mutton/Lamb adding some Indian spices to the mutton and mutton yakhni with long grain basmati rice. Bombay style consists of more fried onion and oil and herbs. The only difference is herbs like mint leaves are not going to use in the preparation. Other than that process is similar, and it includes layering of basmati rice, mutton gravy, fried onions, and potatoes.
As we all know, Mumbai is also famous for its food diversity. Here we are picking some of the best Bombay biryani offerings restaurants.
- Jaffer Bhai’s Delhi Darbar, Mumbai. Since 1973 the oldest and the popular in the city. They serve all kinds of biryanis.
- Borivali Biryani Centre, West Mumbai. The oldest centre, but people love flavours in this restaurant. Best Birhalayanis served at affordable prices
- Noor Mohammadi Hotel, Mohammad Ali Road. This restaurant offers all kinds of traditional authentic nonveg cuisines. Moreover, it is the fastest-selling dish.
# 6 Thalapakattu Biryani :
This recipe is popularly known as Dindigul biryani which comes from the Tamil Nadu state. Thalapakattu means turban, a traditional way of dressing. The chef who invented this recipe used to wear a turban. The recipe consists of the whole masala and also fine powder of garam masala and ginger garlic onion paste. Firstly mutton should be semi boiled is a pressure cooker, and then the meat is cooked all other ingredients. Further Soaked rice is going to add directly to the mutton gravy, and rice has to indulge with spices.
Best place to get the Thapakattu biryani in Dindigul
- Dindigul Thalappakatti has multiple branches all over Tamil Nadu. One of the famous and original tasty Dindigul Thalappakatti biryani serving restaurant
# 7 Donne Biryani :
Is so prevalent in Bangalore. Donne means eco-friendly disposable cups. This dish is served in an eco-friendly bowl. The recipe is so light and mild in flavour. Different from all other biryanis. Moreover, it can be prepared at home easily. And also it is a one-pot dish. The choice of rice to cooking this recipe is Seeraga Samba/Jeeraga Samba rice. In addition to that Onions, ginger, garlic, coriander, mint, and tomato made into a fine paste to prepare this recipe. You can find mostly chicken biryani.
In Bangalore, there are so many famous restaurants serves the best food. We find the best of them who serves yummy biryanis.
- Shivaji Military Hotel, Banglore. One of the best places to taste authentic food. They offer other nonveg varieties like chicken leg fry and mutton pepper fry and os different varieties too
- Chickpet Donne Biryani House, Marathahalli, Banglore. Traditional dishes served with lots of flavours, and this restaurant is trendy for its characters and delicacy.
# 8 Sindhi Biryani :
Most importantly special dish commenced from the Sindh province of Pakistan and also someplace of India. Moreover, the dish is made up of spices like cardamom, cinnamon, cumin, black pepper. And also veggies used for this recipe are lemon, onion, tomato, potatoes, green chillis, coriander, and mint leaves. Similarly, Long grain basmati rice is the best choice for this recipe. The primary traditional cooking method followed to make the delicious. Above all Sindhi, biryani is available all over the country, and this recipe not confined to one place.