Roasted tomato soup, is a yummy, flavorful one-pot recipe. And you can serve this as a starter or a whole meal itself. As you know, they are different ways to make tomato soup. Above all, this is more delicious than regular tomato soup. Because Roasted tomatoes add wonderful aroma and taste to this recipe.
Similarly, roasted tomato soup is healthy, quick and easy to make soup. On the other hand, its recipe calls for basic ingredients available in the common household. Likely, if you are craving for warm, cozy, and comfort food during winters, give this a try. Never the less, this soup best to be paired with a baguette, grilled cheese, or a sandwich.
Especially, this is a great way to use your fresh tomatoes from the garden. Make it in a bulk and freeze it. Or you can refrigerate for 3 to 4 days as well. Similarly, kids are going to love this soup because of it’s smooth and silky texture.
How to make Roasted tomato soup:
To make this roasted tomato soup, first roast the tomatoes. After that make puree with roasted tomatoes. Then melt the butter in the pan. Add garlic and green chills and fry them. Next, put chopped veggies like onion, tomatoes and corn as well. Saute them. Following, pour water and let the water boil. Now add salt, pepper and tomato puree to the pan.
Combine them and put the cornflour water. Give it a stir. Now close the lid and cook on the medium flame until the desired consistency. Finally sprinkle some oregano and chopped coriander leaves on the top. Serve the soup.
Know more about Ingredients:
Tomatoes: Tomatoes are the main ingredients of this roasted tomato soup. You can use any kind of tomatoes for this soup. You can roast them in the oven or on the stovetop. To roast in the oven, slice them and spread on a baking tray. With some salt, pepper, and olive oil. Or else roast them on the stovetop.
Tomatoes are the great source of antioxidant lycopene. And this reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer also.
Veggies: Veggies like onions, corn, and tomatoes are involved in this recipe. Garlic and green chills adds wonderful taste and spice. Similarly, this soup is a bit crunchy because of these veggies.Corn has Vitamin B and it is necessary for the entire body.
spices and herbs: Pepper, oregano, and coriander leaves are the spices for this soup. Adjust them according to your taste. Pepper and oregano are packed with antioxidants. And they avoid cell damage too. Above all, include them in your diet for health benefits.
Roasted Tomato Soup
- 4 roasted tomatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped green chilis
- 2 tbsp chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp boiled corn
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup corn starch water
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- First,burn or roast the tomatoes on the flame and then let them cool down After that take a blender and blend them into fine paste.
- Then chop the veggies and keep them in seperate bowls. And along with them chop the garlic as well.
- Now take a bowl and add 1 tbsp corn flour. Pour water and make a fine paste with cornflour.
- First, melt the butter in the pan. Then add chopped garlic and green chilis to the pan. Fry them.
- Next, put the chopped onions and corn to the pan. Fry them for 30 sec. Then pour the water to the pan and let them boil.
- Now add the pepper and salt. Mix well. After that add tomato puree and stir it well. Now cover the lid and cook on the medium flame.
- When water boiled to 3/4 then add the cornflour water. This really helps to thicken the soup.
- Boil the soup until it reaches the desired consistency. Finally, sprinkle some oragano, and chopped coriander leaves on the top.
- Give it stir. Check the taste and turnoff the stove. Serve the soup immedietly.
Watch Roasted Tomato Soup Video:
Similar Recipes like Roasted Tomato Soup:
This recipe belongs to Karnataka and this dish takes only 30 mins. Likely, this is great for lunch boxes. To make this recipe. First, soak the rice for 20 mins. Meanwhile, chop the veggies and tomatoes. Add veggies of your choice. Then heat the oil in the pressure cooker and put whole spices and fry them until they turn aromatic. Ginger-garlic paste goes next to the cooker. The raw flavor of this should go before adding the tomatoes. Next put the tomatoes to the cooker and add salt, chili powder, and turmeric powder. Saute them until they turn soft. Next add the veggies like peas, potatoes, beetroot, carrot. Saute them for 1 min and then pour the water and let the water boil. Then add the soaked rice and mix well. Adjust the taste. Finally, cover the lid and cook until the rice is fully cooked. Serve this with raita.
This goes well with Idli, Dosa, and Vada. Above all its quick and delicious as well. They different varieties in this tomato chutney. Like with tampering, without tampering, with onion and garlic and without onion and garlic as well.
- First, heat the oil and then add urad dal to the pan. Fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Then add red chilis, chopped ginger, cloves, and pepper. Fry them as well.
- Next combine the tomatoes, salt, chili powder. Fry the tomatoes until they turn mushy.
- Now turn off the stove and let the mixture cool down. After that blend it into a fine paste.
- For tampering, add mustard seeds, red chilis, and curry leaves in the same pan. Fry until the mustard seeds splutter.
- Now transfer the tomato paste to the pan and mix it well with tampering. Then saute this for 2 mins and adjust the taste.
Tomato egg curry:
This is very popular in Andhra and commonly made on daily bases. Similarly, this is a gravy recipe and tastes great with rice and chapati as well.
- First, boil the eggs and then remove the shells. After that poke the eggs with a fork to make small holes. Of make cuts with a knife.
- Then heat the oil in the pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves to the pan.
- Let them splatter and then put chopped onions to the pan. Fry them until they turn soft.
- Add ginger-garlic paste too. Fry the paste also.
- after that add the chopped tomatoes, chili powder, garam masala, and salt. Combine them as well. Saute until the tomatoes become soft.
- Meanwhile, fry the boiled eggs with turmeric, and chili powder. This process add wonderful texture to the eggs.
- Furthermore, add fried eggs to the pan and give it a stir. Next pour to the pan. Cover the lid and cook.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves on the top and turn off the stove.