Quick Capsicum snack is healthy, crunchy, and filling as well. Moreover, this is quick and doesn’t need much effort. LIkely, this is different from regular snack. On the other hand, this is good for evening snacks, kids lunch boxes, and as a side dish.
Every bite of this capsicum snack is spicy, tangy, and cheesy. Importantly, this is not a deep-fried snack. And you can customize the filling of this snack accordingly. Likely, alter the filling with potato, cheese, even with chicken keema and mutton keema too. If you are a vegetarian you can skip the egg.
As you know capsicum/bell pepper dishes are popular all over the world. Like stuffed capsicum, capsicum bajji, capsicum curries, and cheese capsicum toast. And this is one more extension to those recipes.
How to make Quick Capsicum Snack:
To prepare capsicum snack, remove the seeds and cut it in the middle. Then heat the oil fry shallow fry on the medium flame. Meanwhile, take the egg white and mix it with salt and pepper. After that place the shallow capsicum in the pan.
When it is slightly roasted add the egg white in the middle of the capsicum. After the egg is cooked, add the veggies one after other like layers. Finally, add the grated cheese on the top. And sprinkle some pepper, and oregano on it. Cover the lid and cook it until the cheese melts.
know more about capsicum snack ingredients:
Capsicum: Capsicum is the base ingredient of this recipe. Any color of the capsicum is fine. Choose according to your taste. Capsicums/bell peppers are a good source of vitamin A and C. In fact, red capsicum has more than another capsicum.
Along with that, they contain good amounts of dietary fiber, folate, vitamin B6, and E. Likely, they promotes the vision health, prevents anemia and reduces the anxiety as well.
Filling: Filling in the heart of the recipe. It can be altered according to once preference. I used veggies like onions, tomatoes, and carrots. Onions and carrots add the crunchiness to the recipe and tomatoes add the sourness. Or else for filling, you can use the mashed potatoes, carrots, and peas along with spices.
On the other hand, there is a nonveg version of this recipe too. For you can use chicken and mutton keema for the filling. Or simply you can fill the bell peppers with paneer burji.
Cheese is the one more attraction of this snack. Because of cheese kids are definitely going to love this snack. Moreover, add the salt carefully in the filling. Because the cheese is already salty.
spices: Spices like salt, pepper, red chili flakes, and oregano are used in this recipe. They are a source of spice on this recipe. Adjust them. Red chilis improves the metabolism. Similarly, pepper is more potent antioxidants like piperine. And it has anti-inflammatory properties as well.
Quick Capsicum Snack Recipe
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup egg white as needed
- 2 tbsp salt adjust
- 3 tbsp chopped onions
- 3 tbsp chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp grated carrots
- 2 capsicum/bell peppers
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup grated cheese adjust
- 1 tbsp oregano
- First, chop the cap and bottom of the capsicum as well. And after that cut the capsicum/bell peppers in to 2 pieces. If the capsicum is big cut it into 3 pieces.
- Then cut the veggies of your choice like onions, carrots. and tomatoes.
- Next, seperate the egg white and take it in the bowl. And put salt in the egg white and mix it well.
- You can skip the egg and use mashed potatoes or paneer for the filling if you want.
- First, heat the oil in the pan. When otheoil is hot enough, place the chopped bell peppers in the pan and roast them on medium flame.
- When capsicum pieces are little bit roasted, fill the middle part of the capsicum with egg white. And close the lid and cook until the egg is cooked.
- Then fill the bell peppers with chopped onions, tomatoes, and grated carrots one after other with 1 min gap.
- Then sprinkle some salt, pepper, and red chilli flakes on the veggies in the capsicum. After that add the grated cheese on the top of the veggies.
- You can cheese any cheese like mozirilla o z, cheddar accordingly. Now cover the lid and cook the bell peppers until the cheese melts.
- Finelly, sprinkle some oregano on the top of the snack and serve them.
Watch Quick Capsicum Snack Recipe:
Capsicum masala curry:
This yummy capsicum curry goes well with rice, roti and naan. Even though, this recipe is simple yet it tastes awesome. To start the recipe first chop the onions and cube the bell peppers.
- First, dry roast the sesame seeds, peanuts, cashew nuts on the pan, and let them cool down.
- After that, add oil to the pan and when the oil is hot enough put onions.
- Fry the onions until they turn golden brown. Then add the ginger garlic paste and green chilis. Fry till the raw flavor is gone.
- Then add tomatoes, salt, turmeric, and chili powder. Stir them and fry until the tomatoes become soft.
- Now transfer the roasted peanut mixture and onion-tomato mixture to the blender.
- Make a fine paste by adding the little water.
- Again heat the oil in the pan and put bay leaf and cumin seeds. when they start to splutter add onions and capsicum to the pan.
- Fry them and then add masala paste to the pan and mix it well with the veggies.
- And then add the salt, garam masala, and combine them well. Pour the water according to the consistency.
- Now cover the lid and cook the curry until the oil separates from the curry. Check the taste and turn off the stove.
Cheese balls are quick and delicious. And popular appetizer in the world. Importantly, this easy to make at home and best for birthday parties and get-togethers.
- Firstly, cut the potatoes and boil them in the pressure cooker. And make sure that they are not mushy.
- When are cool down peel and mash them. Then add spices like salt, chili powder, coriander leaves, pepper powder, garlic paste, and bread crumbs.
- Bread crumbs absorb the moisture in the mixture. Then make equal size balls and keep them in the plate.
- Now cut the cheese into cubes and place each cube in the middle of the ball.
- Double-check that there are no cracks on the ball and cheese is fully covered.
- Secondly, take the cornflour water in one bowl and bread crumbs on another plate. Place this near the stove.
- Thirdly, heat the oil in the pan fry deep fry. When the oil hot, take the balls and roll them in the cornflour mixture first. And then in the bread crumbs.
- Finally, deep fry them until they turn golden brown. Above all, the potato cheese balls should cover with the cornflour and bread crumbs fully.
- So that the cheese can’t leak out while deep frying.