Spinach soup is a very creamy, colorful, and delicious soup recipe. It made up of spinach and some spices. Similarly, recipes like palak paneer, palak paratha are very popular in Indian cuisine. Palak soup is the best way to include palak in your diet. Moreover, this soup is best for winter and the rainy season too.
As you know, soup is a comforting food for cold weather. palak soup looks very delicious because of its color. If kids are too picky to eat spinach, feed them this soup. They finish the entire bowl without any complaint. You can serve this as a starter for unexpected guests.
Above all, this is very healthy and easy to make. If you are a beginner for cooking, try making soups first. Because there are no chances to fail. Try this soup and enjoy with your family.
How to make palak soup:
To make palak soup, first heat the butter in the pan and add spices and fry them. Then add garlic, ginger, and green chilis. After that add the palak to the pan and fry the palak slightly. Boil the palak in the water until it is properly cooked. Now make the pure with the palak.
Again melt the butter in the pan and add chopped ginger, garlic, and roasted chana. Stir and fry them for 1 min. After that add the cornflour and fry the flour. But don’t burn the flour. Then pour water and add spinach puree to the water and boil to the required consistency.
Finally serve the hot palak soup with some cream on the top. You can replace the butter with oil, but the butter flavor tastes much better in this soup.
Know more about ingredients:
Palak/spinach: The title itself says that, palak is the base ingredient of this recipe. Palak puree is used in the soup. As you know, palak is very nutritious. Palak is a great source of iron. And it has a good amount of fiber too. In addition to that, it prevents colon cancer as well.
It is good for eyes and it reduces the cellular inflammation also. palak is rich in Vitamin C and vitamin A. Likely, it is diabetic friendly as well. Similarly, it supports the healthy heart and nervous system.
Spices: Spices like bay leaf, cinnamon, pepper powder, ginger, green chilis, and garlic are used. Pepper and green chilis add the spice to the soup. Bay leaf and cinnamon adds extra flavor and aroma to the soup. Furthermore, green chilis promote metabolism.
Ginger can lower the risk of diabetes and it is the natural medicine for pain reduction. Garlic is less in calories. In addition to that, garlic is good medicine for common cold and cough.
Cornflour acts as a thickening agent. This makes the soup creamy. Make sure to roast the cornflour but don’t burn it. Likely, fried gram includes the crunchiness to the soup.
Spinach Soup Recipe
Ingredients for palak puree:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 inch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 cup chopped spinach
- 2 cups water adjust
ingredients for soup:
- 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 Sweet corn
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp salt adjust
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp pepper powder adjust
preparation of palal puree:
- Melt the butter in the pan and add bay leaf. Stir for 30 sec. Then add the chopped onion, garlic, and chillis.
- Mix and stir them well until the onions turn golden brown. Then add the chopped spinach to the pan.
- Fry the spinach for 1min and add water to the pan to boil the spinach. Make sure that the spinach is cooked completely.
- Then remove the bay leaf from the pan and blend the spinach mixture it to a fine paste. Then transfer this mixture to the bowl.
- Then again heat the butter in the pan and add chopped ginger and garlic. Stir them for 30 sec.
- Then add the sweet corn and mix and fry them. Until the corn change the color slightly.
- Now add the flour to the pan and roast the flour until the raw flavor is gone. Make sure to roast the flour on medium flame only.
- Then pour the water to the pan. Add the pepper powder and salt to the water. Stir everything well. Let the water boil.
- Then add spinach puree to the water and mix everything really well. Boil the soup till the desired consistency.
- After that squeeze the lemon juice before turning off the stove and give it a stir.
- Finally, add the cream to the soup and stir it. check the taste. Serve the soup hot.
Watch Spinach Soup Recipe Video:
Palak paneer: Palak paneer goes well with roti, jeera rice, naan, and paratha. And this belongs to the North Indian cuisine. To make this recipe,
- First, make spinach paste and keep it aside, For this use only tender spinach leaves.
- After heat the oil or butter in the pan and add spices like cardamom, cinnamon, cumin seeds, and cloves. Fry them until they turn aromatic.
- Then add the onions and saute them. After that put tomato into the pan. Fry them until they turn soft.
- Now add the garam masala and fry it. Then pour the water to and cook the masala.
- Then add the palak puree and cook it. After that add the paneer pieces and mix them well in the gravy.
- Finally, pour the cream to the palak paneer and give it a stir and turn off the stove.
Palak Pakoda: This is the evening snack or tea time snack recipe. This is similar to onion Pakoda. But the variation is, we are using palak along with the onion. This crunchy and deep-fried snack. To make palak Pakoda
- First, wash and clean the palak. Then chop the palak and keep it aside.
- Then add the chopped onions, chili powder, chopped coriander, and salt to the palak and mix them well.
- Rest this for 10 mins. After that add the gram flour and rice flour. Now mix everything really well and check the taste.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and when the oil is hot enough drop the Pakoda slowly in the oil.
- Fry them until they turn golden brown on medium flame. Flip them in the middle so that they can fry evenly.
Sweetcorn soup: This soup is Indo Chinese soup and made with sweetcorn, some veggies, and pepper. This served as a starter or as breakfast also. You can add some boiled noodles to make sweetcorn noodle soup. To make this soup
- First heat the oil in the pan and add chopped garlic and ginger. Fry them until they turn aromatic.
- Then add the chopped veggies like carrots, peas, beans, cabbage, and sweetcorn kernels as well.
- Saute them until they become a little tender and pour water and boil them until they are cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix cornflour in the water and make a mixture without any lumps.
- When the veggies are boiled add the cornflour mixture and let the soup thicken.
- Then add sugar, salt, and pepper. Check the taste.
- transfer this soup into a bowl and serve hot.