Crispy Potato fingers are a deep-fried appetizer or an evening snack. They are a little crunchy and crispy outside and tender inside. potatoes are famous for snacks. Like cutlets, rolls, charts, and french fries. Similarly, this is one more addition to that snack list. Above all, this recipe is simple and uncomplicated. So beginners also can try this recipe.
These are delicious and great for kids’ birthday parties, lunch boxes, and as an evening snack. On the other hand, they are different variations in this recipe. LIke potato fingers with semolina but I’m adding the cheese to this recipe. So they are definitely delicious and will be kids’ favorite too.
In addition to that, you can freeze them as well. Make the fingers and freeze them beforehand. And roll them in the flour and fry them whenever you need them. isn’t it awesome?. This saves a lot of time and less stressful during parties.
How to make potato fingers:
To make potato fingers, first, boil the potatoes and peel them. Nevertheless, they should not absorb water. Now take them in the mixing bowl and add butter and cheese to them. Combine them with potatoes. After that add crushed garlic, spices like salt, chili powder, pepper powder, oregano, and mix them well. Make a dough with the potato mixture.
now the next step is to make potato fingers. Apply some oil to your palms and make cylinder shape fingers with palms. Or else fill the mixture in the cone and make long fingers on the plate. Later cut them into small pieces with a knife.
Finally, coat them with egg, bread crumbs, and cornflour. Fry them in the oil on the medium flame. Or else you can bake them or Tawa fry them for healthier version. Dish up them with ketchup or some dip.
Know more about ingredients:
Potatoes: Potatoes are the main ingredients of this recipe. They should be boiled properly, no lumps should be there in the potato stuffing. Cut the potatoes in the middle before boiling, so that they can cook evenly.
Potatoes are gluten-free and full of vitamins and minerals. And they contain the antioxidants as well. They have no fat, sodium, or cholesterol. Likely, they consist of more potassium than a banana.
Special Ingredients: Cheese and butter are the special ingredients in this recipe. They add awesome taste to this recipe. Cheese is packed with fat, calcium, and protein. It has good amounts of vitamin B12, A, sink, phosphorus, and riboflavin as well.
Cheese is manufactured from milk, so it consists of vitamin K2 and omega 3 fatty acids. Even though butter is rich in fat and calories. It accommodates, a fat-soluble vitamin needed for the immune system, healthy vision, and skin.
Coating: This is the secret behind the crispy layer of the potato fries. For coating eggs, bread crumbs and cornflour are used. The egg acts as the binding agent for potato fingers and bread crumbs. Instead of bread crumbs, you can use powdered cornflakes as well.
Cornflakes add the crunchiness to the fingers. For extra crunchiness, do the coating process two times. Make sure that the potato fingers are fully coated.
Crispy Potato fingers recipe
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt adjust
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes adjust
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
ingredients for coating:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup cornflour
- oil for deep fry
- Boil the potatoes and peel them. Keep them in a bowl. The potatoes should boil properly. On the other hand, they should not be soggy.
- Grate the cheese and keep it aside. Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat them with knife.
- Arrange the bread crumbs, cornflour, and egg near the workspace.
preparation of the potato mixture:
- First, take the boiled potatoes in a bowl and mash them with a fork. Then add the butter to the bowl.
- Mix the butter in the mashed potatoes by continuous stirring. Make sure that the butter should be at room temperature.
- Then add the crushed garlic, salt, pepper, red chili powder, and mix them into the potatoes. Then add the grated cheese.
- Combine the cheese with the mixture. After that sprinkle oregano to the bowl. Blend it with other ingredients.
Making the potato fingers:
- Then make a cone and fill the cone with the potato stuffing. Then cut the tip of the cone and make big potato fingers on the plate by squeezing the other end.
- Or else apply oil on your palm and take some dough and roll the dough into a cylindrical shape. Now freeze them for 30 min.
- After that cut the big potato fingers into small with a knife.
- Then take one finger and first, dip it in the egg and then roll it in the flour second and finally roll it in the bread crumbs.
- Make sure that the finger is fully covered with the bread crumbs. Repeat the same process for others as well.
- Now heat the oil and drop the potato fingers on by one in the oil. Fry the potato fingers on the medium flame.
- Flip them while frying, so that they can fry evenly. Take them out when they turn golden brown.
- You can Tawa fry them or bake them with less oil. Take them in the paper tissue so that it can absorb the excess oil.
- Serve them hot with some dipping or ketchup.
Watch Crispy Potato fingers Recipe Video:
Samosa is a famous snack and street food in India. They are different samosa like onion samosa, aloo samosa, Kheema samosa. Making samosa is a lengthy process. And it might be overwhelming for beginners too. To make the samosa first make the outer layer of samosa and then make the stuffing.
Outer layer: To make the outer layer make the dough with atta, salt, ajwain, and ghee. Make the hard dough by adding the little water. And rest the dough for 20 mins.
To make the stuffing, first, boil the potatoes and mash them and keep them in a separate bowl.
- Then heat the oil in the pan and add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- after that add the chopped ginger and fry them. Then add the green peas and fry them.
- At this stage you can add any veggies onions, carrots, shredded cabbage according to your taste.
- Then add the salt, turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, chaat masala, and cumin powder.
- Fry them for 30 sec and combine the mashed potato along with the other spices.
- Now check the salt and let the mixture cool down.
- To make the samosa, first divide the dough into parts and make balls with the dough.
- After that roll the balls into an oval shape and cut them in the middle.
- Now make the cone out of it and fill it with stuffing and seal the edges with water.
- Follow a similar process for others as well. Now heat the oil and drop the samosa carefully in the oil.
- Deep fry the samosa until they are done. Serve them with tomato ketchup.
This is a tasty curry and goes well with rice, roti, paratha, and poor. Dum aloo is best for special occasions as well. To make this dum aloo first, boil the potatoes and deep fry them. This step is crucial for tasty dum aloo.
1)First, make the paste with onions, tomatoes and cashew nuts and keep them aside.
2)Then heat the oil in the pan and fry the bay leaf and cardamom. Then add the ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw flavor is gone.
3)After that add the onion tomato paste and fry till the raw flavor is gone. Then add the salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala.
4) saute them for 30 sec and then add the curd. Saute until it get thickens.
5) Now add the fried potatoes along with water and cover the lid and cook until the gravy thickens.