Lemon coriander rice is the one-pot recipe, belongs to Mexican cuisine. This is light flavorful rice and needs very few basic ingredients. This can be done under 20 mins. Moreover, you can use leftover rice for this recipe. Above all, it goes well with all curries or serves this as it is. This is the best option for kid’s tiffin boxes and lunchboxes because, this very easy to make, tasty and healthy as well. Add leftover veggies to this recipe if you want. Serve this lemon coriander rice with raita, or some curry. Try this recipe for parties or family dinners. This is one of the one-pot meal options for vegans. use any kind of rice like Basmati rice, jasmine rice, or Sona Masuri rice.
How to make Lemon Coriander Rice:
To make this, first, heat the oil in the pan and add rice to the pan. Fry the rice for 3 mins and then add the crushed pepper, salt, green chilis and mix them well. After that add the chopped coriander leaves and mix again. Then add the water. Then add the lemon juice to the rice. Cover the lid and cook until the rice is done. Sprinkle some fresh coriander on top and serve with raita or some curry.
In another way, you can make a paste of the coriander leaves and green chilis and add to the rice. Then add the salt, lemon juice, and oil. Mix everything well. This is the process for the cooked rice.
Know more about ingredients:
Coriander and lemon: These are the star ingredients of this recipe. Use the fresh coriander leaves to this recipe for a wonderful flavor. Add use thin stems of the coriander as well. lemon adds extra flavor to this recipe. Coriander is a herb that adds fragrance to the recipes, along with that it is good for digestion and contains anti-inflammatory properties, a good source of iron as well. Lemon is a great source of vitamin C and that helps with digestion, weight loss, and kidney stones.
Pepper and green chilis: These are the spices used in this recipe. I have used the crushed peppers and green chilis. Adjust these spices according to your taste. Chilis help to increase metabolism. They help with digestion and contains Vitamin E and Vitamin C. Black peppers contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Lemon Coriander Rice
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1.5 tbsp crushed pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp crushed green chilis
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Chop the coriander leaves and keep them in a bowl. Take lemon juice and crushed pepper, and green chilis in separate bowls.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add rice to the pan. Fry the rice in the oil for 3 mins. After that add the crushed pepper to the rice.
- GIve it a good stir so that it can mix well in the rice. Then add the salt and mix well.
- After that add the crushed green chilis to the rice. Pepper and green chili are the only sources of spice to this recipe.
- Adjust them accordingly, then add the chopped coriander leaves to the rice and mix well. So that it can totally mix with rice.
- Then fry the rice for 2 mins along with all the ingredients. Then add the lemon juice to the rice and give it a stir.
- After that add the water to the rice and mix one more time time. Cover the lid and cook until the rice is done.
- Finally, add some fresh coriander leaves on the top and serve the lemon coriander rice hot.
Watch Lemon Coriander Rice Recipe Video
Lemon chicken: This is the appetizer or starter recipe. To make first take the boneless chicken and marinate the chicken with salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, and lemon juice for 20 mins. After that heat the oil in the pan and onions, salt and sugar and fry them until they become tender. And add the marinated chicken and cook the chicken. After that add the red chili powder and mix well. Then add the soy sauce and give it a stir. Check the taste and adjust the seasoning. Cook the chicken until it becomes soft. Add coriander or mint leaves and mix well. Turn off after 2 mins and serve hot.
Coriander chutney: This is the most popular chutney in Indian cuisine. This can be used as dipping for snacks and to make chaats and sandwiches as well. There are different variations in making the coriander chutney. This very easy to make and yummy as well. Above all, you can easily store this chutney for 2 to 3 days. To make this chutney blend the coriander leaves and mint leaves with cumin, garlic, ginger, green chilis, and salt.