Garlic Naan is India’s most popular bread recipe which we find in every restaurant menu card. They are a different variety of naan and garlic naan. This bread plays a crucial role in the Indian diet. Butter naan is very close to the Garlic naan. Additionally, add garlic to the Garlic Naan. Easily can make these Garlic Naan at home without tandoor or oven. This Garlic naan goes well with the paneer butter masala, chicken butter masala, palak paneer, etc. Today I’m showing you the easiest way to make this recipe at home.
How to make Garlic Naan on Tawa:
For this recipe Knead the dough with all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Then rest the dough for 20 mins. After that make balls with the dough and rest for another 15 mins. Then roll the balls into and the circle or oval shape. Apply garlic butter on the top. Then take the butter side into your hand apply water on the other side. Finally. stick this on the hot Tawa and after that remove the naan from pan and cook directly on the flame.
Know more about the ingredients:
Butter and garlic spreading: This is the star ingredient of this recipe. All the taste for this recipe comes from this spreading only. In this spreading add butter, minced garlic, salt, oregano, and chopped coriander leaves. Adjust the butter quantity according to your taste.
Baking powder: This baking powder makes the dough soft and fluffier within less time. Or else it will take more than 2hrs to make the recipe. This is the key ingredient for soft Naans.
Garlic Naan Recipe
- 1 cup Maida
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 milk to knead a soft dough
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp oregano butter
- Take a bowl and add butter, garlic, coriander leaves, and oregano and mix well. Keep it aside. Butter should be at room temperature.
Preparation of the dough:
- Take a mixing bowl and add all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Now knead a fine dough by adding milk. Punch the dough to get softness in the dough.
- Rest the dough for 30 mins by covering it with a wet cloth or plate.
Preparation of Garlic Naan:
- Pinch the dough and make small size balls of the dough. Again rest these dough balls for 15 mins. Then roll the balls into a circle shape or oval shape.
- Then apply the garlic butter spreading on the top. Now take the butter side into your hand and apply water on the other side. can use a brush or hand to apply water.
- Heat the Tawa on the high flame and stick the waterside on the Tawa and press it with a spatula , so that it can stick to the Tawa properly.
- After 2 to 3mins take naan from the Tawa and heat it directly on the flame. Rotate the naan on the medium flame so that it can cook evenly.
- Can use steel or iron Tawa for this Garlic naan. But the nonstick Tawa doesn't work.
- apply more garlic butter on the top if you want. Serve the hot garlic naan with some gravy.
Watch the Garlic Naan Recipe Video:[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gylU_4SHpw[/embedyt]
similar recipes like Garlic Naan:
Tandoori Roti: This Recipe is very close to the recipe. For this tandoori roti make a soft dough with the wheat flour, salt, baking powder, and curd. Rest the dough for 30 mins. Now make small balls with the dough and roll the chapatis. Now heat the pan on the high flame. now apply water on one side of the roti and stick to the pan on the waterside. when it is cooked flip the Tawa and heat the roti directly on the medium to low flame. Finally, apply some ghee or butter on the top of the tandoori roti and serve.
Paratha: Parata is the stuffed bread that is very popular in Punjab. Can have this paratha for breakfast, lunch or even for dinner also. They are different varies of parathas like aloo paratha, gobi paratha, paneer paratha, etc. To make this paratha need a dough with wheat flour, water, salt, and oil, or ghee. Then rest the dough and make small balls with dough and roll into a circle shape. Then stuff the chapati with mashed potato, onions, green chilis, salt, garam masala, coriander leaves, and chaat masala. Finally, roast the paratha on hot Tawa with ghee.