This Kashmiri pulao is different from other pulao recipes. Because this is sweet where other pulao’s were spicy. Moreover, this is very easy to make. This is also known as Sweet Pulao made with dry fruits, fruits, and some spices. Can have this with some gravy and raita. In addition, to that, this is very healthy because of the ingredients like ghee, dry fruits, and fruits.
How to make Kashmiri Pulao:
To make this recipe firstly, roast the spices in ghee and boil the rice along with the spices. After that roast the dry fruits and fruits of your choice in the ghee and some salt and sugar to the fruits. Then add rice. Mix well. Finally, add some saffron water or food color to the rice and cover the lid and cook for 2 mins. Serve the hot sweet Pulao with some gravy. and raita.
Know more about ingredients:
Rice: Basmathi rice is used for this recipe. Can replace with sona masuri rice if Basmati rice is not available. But Long grain Basmathi rice suits more for this recipe.
Dry fruits and fruits: Can use fruits like Pineapple, pomegranate, and apple for this recipe. Dry fruits like almonds, cashews, raisins are used for this. The flavor of the dry fruits increases when frying them in ghee. These fruits and dry fruits make this recipe more healthy and tasty.
Sugar: The sweetness of this comes from the sugar and adjust the sugar according to your taste.
Spices: Spices like cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves, and shahi jeera are the spices used in this recipe. These spices are very aromatic and healthy too.
Kashmiri Pulao Recipe
- 5 tbsp Ghee
- 2 Bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon
- 5 cardamom
- 5 cloves
- 1 tsp shahi jeera
- 1/4 cup dry fruits
- 1/2 cup apple
- 1/4 cup pomegranate
- 1/2 cut pineapple
- salt as required
- 5 tsp sugar adjust according to your taste
- 2 cup Rice
- 1 tsp saffron
- 3 tbsp milk
- 8 cups water
- Wash and rinse the Basmati rice and keep them aside for 20 mins.
- Chop the dry fruits and fruits. keep a side
- Take the warm milk in a bowl and add saffron to the bowl. keep it aside.
- Take a Kadai and heat the ghee. when the ghee is hot enough add the spices and saute them until they turn aromatic.
- Then add water to boil the rice. Add salt. Once the water is boiled add the soaked basmati rice. Stir well.
- Once the rice is cooked to 70% then drain the water and spread the rice in the plate to cool down.
- Now take a kadai and heat the ghee, when the ghee is hot enough add dry fruits and fry them.
- Once the dry fruits are fried enough add the chopped fruits to the kadai and fry them along with the dry fruits. Add salt and sugar according to your taste.
- Then add the boiled rice and mix the rice with dry fruits and fruits really well. Now pour the saffron milk on the rice and cover the lid for mins. So that the gets the color and flavor from saffron.
- After that give it a good mix and serve the hot Kashmiri pulao with some gravy.
Watch the Kashmiri Pulao Recipe Video:
Similar recipes like Kashmiri Pulao:
Vegetable pulao: For this vegetable pulao, firstly, soak the Basmati rice for 20 mins. Then heat the ghee in a pan and add spices to the pan. Then add chopped onions. saute them. After that add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw flavor is gone. Then chopped tomatoes and cook them until they are soft. Now add the chopped veggies and saute on the medium flame. Then add water to boil and add salt. adjust the taste. Finally, add rice to boil and cook it on the medium flame by covering the lid. serve the hot veg pulao with raita and gravy.
Paneer Pulao: For making this Paneer pulao firstly, wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 mins. Then make ginger, garlic, green chili paste and keep it aside. Now heat the ghee in a pan and add sliced onions. Fry them until they turn brown. Now add the whole spices or whole garam masala powder. Then add the soaked basmati rice and fry for 5 mins. Then add water, salt, and lemon juice. Cover the lid and cook the rice on the medium flame. Now cut the paneer into cubes and fry them in the ghee. Once the rice is cooked add the paneer to the rice and cover the lid. So that the paneer absorbs all the flavor from the rice. Finally, mix the paneer cubes with rice and serve the hot Paneer pulao with raita or gravy.
Tomato rice: This is a one-pot recipe which is very similar to veg pulao. The only difference is, for this recipe use only tomatoes instead of all the veggies. this is good for lunch boxes and weekday meals. For extra taste add roasted cashews for this recipe.