Eggplant omelette is a healthy breakfast recipe. They are different kinds of omelet like cheese omelet, veg omelet and this one of them. Try this if you got bored with a regular omelet, trust me you don’t get disappointed. Ever you pack this for kids snack box as well. There are different versions to make this omelette, today I,m showing my way of making this recipe with some Indian touch.
How to make Eggplant Omelette :
To make this recipe, first, cut the eggplant into slices. Then make the rings with eggplant by removing the center part. Then take a mixing bowl and add chopped veggies, salt, gram flour, garam masala, and chili flakes. Mix them well. After that add eggs to the bowl and mix all the ingredients well. After that heat the oil in the pan and add eggplant rings to the pan and slightly fry them. Then adds the egg mixture in the middle of the eggplant. Cook it until it turns brown on both sides. Or until the omelet cooks well.
Know more about the ingredients:
Eggplants: Take the large-sized eggplant for this recipe. Cutting the eggplant slices and making the eggplant rings is a crucial part of the recipe. Take the medium to large size slices for this recipe. Rest save them for some other recipes. Make the eggplant rings carefully with a knife. The slices should not be too thin or too thick. Try to cut the slices in equal width.
Eggs: I have used three eggs for this recipe. You can increase the quantity accordingly. As you know, eggs are very healthy and nutritious. Including eggs in your diet increases your good cholesterol levels and they are a great source of choline which is important for the body. They are a good source of protein and helps to improve eye health as well.
Gram flour and spices: This acts as a binding ingredient in this recipe. This helps to make a mixture of egg and veggies and adds extra flavor as well. spices like red chili flakes and garam masala are used in this recipe. Garam masala gives an Indian touch to this recipe. Herbs like mint leaves enrich the flavor.
Egg Plant Omelette
- 1 eggplant/ Baingan
- 2 tbsp chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp chopped capsicum
- 1 tbsp spring onions
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp besan/gram flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp oil as required
- PRE PREPARATION:
- First, take an eggplant and cut it into the circles. Leaves the first part and last part of the eggplant.
- Take the slices of the eggplant and make rings with the knife by removing the soft part in the middle.
- Chop the soft part into small pieces and take them in a bowl. Chop the veggies and take them in a bowl.
- First, take a mixing bowl and add chopped brinjal, chopped carrots, chopped capsicum, spring onions, onions, mint leaves, salt, chili flakes, gram flour, and garam masala to the bowl and mix them well.
- After that break the eggs and add the bowl. Mix all ingredients really well, so that the egg can mix well with the other ingredients.
- Now heat the oil in the pan and add eggplant rings to the pan and fry them until they turn light brown.
- Then add the egg mixture in the middle of the eggplant ring and cover the lid and cook.
- Once it is cooked on one side flip it cook the other side as well. Add more oil if needed. Repeat the same process for others as well.
- Serve the eggplant omelet hot with tomato ketchup.
Watch Eggplant Omelette Recipe Video:
Similar recipes like Eggplant Omelette:
Brinjal curry: This curry goes well with the rice, chapati, and roti. This is a yummy and easy main course. To make this curry, first, heat the oil in the pan and add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. let them splutter then add the curry leaves, chopped onions and saute them until they are tender. Then add the ginger-garlic paste and fry until the raw flavor is gone. Add the chopped tomatoes and fry them until they become soft. Then add the chopped eggplant and mix them well. Add the salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala. Mix all ingredients well and saute the eggplant. Now add the water to the pan and then cover the lid and cook until the eggplant is done.
Mushroom omelet: For this take a bowl and beat the eggs with salt and pepper. The take a pan and heat the oil. After that add the chopped garlic, green chilis and fry them. Then add the chopped onions and fry them. after that add the chopped mushrooms to the pan and cook until they become soft and dry. After that add the egg mixture to the pan. Cover the lid and cook until the eggs are cooked well.