Ravioli belongs to Italian cuisine and this is a pasta recipe. Moreover, you can make this easily at home. But the process might be overwhelming for new cooks. And I feel, it’s totally worth it. Above all, it can be made in different shapes, sizes and with different fillings as well. Similarly, it will so much fun if are making this with our family. For parties and family dinners make this Ravioli in batches and freeze them. So at dinner time simply heat it up and serve. In addition to that, It can be served as a starter or dinner as well.
How to make Ravioli:
For Ravioli preparation, five steps are there. The first step is the dough making. Rest the dough for 30mins. The second step is stuffing preparation. I choose mushrooms, and cheese for filling. Then let the filling cool down. The third step is to prepare the sauce with tomato puree. After that prepare the Ravioli by rolling the dough and fill it with stuffing and seal the edges. Finally, boil the ravioli, toss it oil and oregano and serve it with freshly made tomato sauce.
Know more about ingredients:
Dough: Preparation of the dough is the tricky part of the Ravioli preparation. The dough is made with flour, eggs, and salt. Resting the dough also very crucial to increase the elasticity of the dough. The dough should not be too hard or too soft. Cut the size and shape of the dough as you like, that is the interesting part of the recipe.
Filling: Filling is made with chopped garlic, minced mushrooms, salt, black pepper powder, and cheese. But you can use cheese, eggs, meat, spinach according to your preference. This is a healthy filling. Above all, choose the mushrooms carefully. Because some kind of mushrooms is poisonous. According to the studies, they help to fight cancer and boosts immunity, and they provide vitamins like B and D. As you know cheese is a dairy product and it is full of calcium, fat, and protein.
Sauce: This is one more addition to the tasty ravioli. This is made with chopped garlic, onions, salt, red chilis, ketchup, and tomato puree. To make the puree, first, boil the tomatoes with salt and take off the peel. Then make a puree in the blender. This sauce tastes much better than the store-bought one. Never the less, Tomatoes provides the Vitamin c, Vitamin K, Potassium, and folate. And they contain fewer carbs with simple sugars.
Homemade Ravioli Recipe
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- Water for cooking the Ravioli
- 1 tbsp oregano
Ingredients for the stuffing:
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 cups minced mushroom
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp creme cheese
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 3 tbsp Chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup Tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Ted chili flakes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
Preparation of the dough
- Take a mixing bowl and add flour, salt, and eggs. Mix all the ingredients and make a dough. Add more flour if needed.
- The dough should not be hard or too soft. Rest the dough for 30 mins.
Preparation of the stuffing:
- Heat the olive oil in the pan and add chopped garlic to the pan and stir for 1min. After that add the minced mushroom, salt, black pepper powder and mix them well.
- While cooking mushroom releases the water. Then saute the mushroom until it becomes dry.
- Then add the creme cheese to the mushrooms and mix it well with mushrooms. Cook the mixture for 1 min.
- After that turn of the stove and take it in a bowl, let it cool down.
Preparation of tomato puree:
- Boil the tomatoes with salt and peel of the layer. Then make a puree of it when they are cool down.
Preparation of the pasta sauce:
- Heat the oil in the pan and add chopped garlic and onions to the pan. Saute the onions until they become tender.
- Then add the tomato puree to the pan and mix together with onions. After that add the salt, chili flakes, and tomato ketchup.
- Stir them well and cook for a while until it makes a thick cause or required consistency.
Preparation of the Ravioli:
- First, roll the dough and cut the dough into small circles with the help of a bowl or cookie cutter. Sprinkle some flour while rolling the dough.
- Then stuff it with mushroom cream and cover it with another circle. Then press and seal the edges and make a design with a fork.
- Make sure that the edges are fully sealed or else the stuffing might leak while boiling.
- After that boil the water and cook the ravioli for 5 mins and strain it off. Make sure that it is cooked on both sides.
- Then heat the oil in the pan and saute the Ravioli slightly in oil with oregano and then add the freshly made pasta sauce on the top of Ravioli and serve hot.
Watch Ravioli Pasta Recipe Video:
Red sauce pasta: This is a simple tasty, simple and kids friendly recipe. And great for an evening snack and kids lunch box as well. The main ingredients used in this recipe are pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and herbs. To make this pasta, first, boil the pasta with salt and water until just cooked. Above all, don’t overcook the pasta. After that make a puree with tomatoes and keep it aside.
Now heat the oil in the pan and saute the garlic and onions. After that add the tomatoes puree, salt, red chili flakes, and oregano. Boil it until the right consistency. Then add the boiled pasta and toss the pasta in the sauce. Check the salt and serve the pasta hot.
Veg noodles: There different noodles recipes like chicken noodles, veg noodles, shrimp noodles, and veg noodles. To make noodles, first, boil the noodles and rinse them. Keep them aside. After that heat the oil in the wok and add chopped garlic and green chilis. Fry them for 1min. Then add the chopped onions, carrots, beans, cabbage, and capsicum. Toss them until they become crunchy. After that add the vinegar, soy sauce, and chili sauce and give it a stir. Finally, add the boiled noodles and mix them well with the other ingredients. Serve the Veg noodles with tomato ketchup. Moreover, veg noodles should be made on high flame only, then only we will get the smoky flavor.