Chura matar is a banarasi dish which usually made a breakfast dish in Uttar-Pradesh. Chura is also known as beaten rice or flattered rice or poha. The recipe main ingredients are poha and green peas. This is the healthy, tasty and easiest breakfast recipe with fewer ingredients like Garam masala and green chilies add spice to this recipe. Poha gives wonderful taste while cooking with asafoetida, spices, and ghee. And sugar balances all the flavors in this recipe.
How to make banarasi Chura Matar:
For Chura Matar rinse the poha drain it and soak the poha in milk. Fresh green peas are an important ingredient for this recipe. Because green peas is a seasonal vegetable we can use frozen one. This recipe includes few ingredients and we can make it so quickly. Adding Milk to the poha and resting it for 10 minutes makes the poha soft and tasty. Try this recipe, when you are in a diet because it is nutritious and less oily. In addition to that, it keeps full for a long time.
Know more about ingredients;
Chura/beaten rice/Poha: For this recipe use thick or medium thick poha. And soak poha in milk or else it won’t be soft. Beaten rice is good sources of carbs, fiber, essential vitamins, and minerals. moreover, it is gluten-free. and this is the best breakfast option for diabetic patients.
Green peas: Use fresh green peas or frozen for this recipe. Green peas are less in calories and rich in fiber and protein. They help with digestion and increases the metabolism.
- 2 cups Poha
- 5 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped
- 1 tbso green chilis chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp coriander chopped
- First step wash and rinse the poha with water the water have to be drained and then add a 1/2 cup of milk to the drained poha and add pinch of salt and sugar mix them all and rest it for 10 minutes
- Now Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds to the pan and let the cumin seeds splatter. Then add asafoetida and mix well.
- Then add finely chopped green chillis and ginger , saute them until the raw flavor is gone
- Then add green peas and salt.then mix well and cover the lid and let them cook for 5mins. If the fresh green peas is not available go for a frozen green peas.
- Now add the poha which we kept for resting to the pan . Mix all the ingredients well so that poha can absorb the flavors.
- Then add sugar, salt to the poha and this sugar helps to balance the flavors.
- Then add garam masala to the poha and stir well and let it cook for 2 mins.
- And add ghee to the poha and mix well. Then this adds extra flavor to the poha
- Add finely chopped coriander on the top poha and sprinkel some lemon juice on top of it and mix well.
- Serve the hot chura matar with sliced lemon and onion.
Watch the Chura Matar Recipe Video:
Kanda poha: For this recipe, first saute the onions, green chills, and curry leaves. Then add peanuts and stir well. Finally, add poha and cover cook for 2 to 3 mins on low flame. Before serving add lemon juice and chopped coriander.
paneer poha: firstly, rinse the poha and keep it aside. then saute the onions with green chillis and tomatoes. secondly, add crumbled paneer and mix well .finally, add poha and mix well.
poha aloo/ Potato poha: Potato poha is simply recipe like same as another poha recipe. In this recipe, we have to add boiled potato or a normal potato while tossing the tempering.