Peas pulao is flavored rice which includes fresh peas with a less garam masala. It is so easy to prepare the recipe within one pot. Fresh green peas make the dish more colorful as well as more taste. Peas pulao combos with raitha and it is also a great combination with some gravy or Kadai Currys.
How to make Peas pulao:
They are different types of pulao’s like veg pulao, chicken pulao, mushroom pulao, and this peas pulao is one of them. This is the easiest pulao because of no need to cut veggies. For this pulao cook the rice with peas, spices. or else add the cooked rice to peas masala. Caramelized onions add extra flavor to this peas pulao. Peas pulao is the tasty and easiest one-pot dish. So try this recipe for your kid,s lunch boxes and I’m sure definitely they are going to love it.
Don’t miss to try this recipe when peas are in handy. It’s worth to give it a try. Use fresh peas for best taste. Instead of oil, use half ghee and half oil. Because ghee adds extra flavor to this recipe. In addition to that, serve this dish with raita or yogurt or curry. And the taste will be the same if you try this in a pressure cooker and rice cooker also.
Know more about ingredients;
Rice: Old basmati rice is the best choice of this recipe. if it is not available use sona masuri rice. Soak the rice for at least 30 mins. add 1:1.5 ration water. should mix carefully at the end or else the rice will break.
Peas: peas are the main ingredient of this recipe and they add mild sweetness to this peas pulao. Green peas need to be cooked before adding the rice. Green peas are less in calories and rich in fiber and protein. They help with digestion and increases metabolism.
Garam masala: whole garam masala adds extra flavor for this recipe. crushed or ground garam masala enhances the flavor.
Peas Pulao Recipe
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 cinnamon
- 1 tbsp black cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp green chilli , mint & coriander paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fried onions
- 1 cup boiled green peas
- Firstly soak one cup of basmati rice in to a bowl for 20 mins. To cook the pulao fist rice should be soaked
- Next step heat the oil in pan/ hot pot, then add bay leaf , cinnamon and black cumin seeds. Toas the whole garam masala well to get the flavors out. Saute them until they turn aromatic.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute it until the raw flavor come out and it should turn brown color
- Then add green paste that is chilli, mint and coriander paste and saute it until the raw flavor is gone. and it should mix with other ingredients.
- Then add salt and mix well and Add water and let the water boil.
- Then add boiled green peas and cover the lid and boil the water. Here you can use the raw green peas then cook with the ingredients for 5 mins and then add water.
- Then add soaked basmati rice to the boiled water and mix well. Then cover the lid and cook the rice.
- Then finally add fried onions to the rice and mix well. then cover the lid and cook the rice for few minutes.
- Finally serve the peas pulao with raita.
Watch Peas Pulao Recipe video:
Similar Recipe Ideas:
Vegetable pulao: This is a perfect one-pot meal for vegetarians which tastes great with raita or yogurt. And use veggies like potato, carrot, beans, peas and soya chunks in addition to that you can use paneer also. for this recipe rinse and soak the rice for 30 mins. Then saute the veggies with spices and ginger garlic paste. secondly, add rice to the spices and veggies. finally, add chopped coriander leaves and cook well. ghee add extra flavor to this recipe
Peas paratha: For this peas paratha firstly, boiled the peas and blend it with chillis, ginger and coriander seeds. Then add roasted cumin seeds, garam masala, and amchur to the peas paste and mix well. secondly, stuff this in the chapathi dough and roll the chapathi. Finally, roast the paratha on a hot tawa with ghee.
Matar paneer: This is the famous north Indian curry .you can serve this curry with roti, rice or pulao. For this recipe, we cook the peas and paneer with the spices and onion tomato paste.