Dahi papdi chaat or a Papdi chaat is famous Indian street food. Dahi papdi Chaat recipe is simple and quick. Just papdi’s topping with potatoes, onion, tomatoes, green and sweet chutney, and lots and lots of curd. Papdi should be crunchy and thick The toppings of Dahi papdi chat might depend on the taste and availability of the ingredients. Adding more chutney to the recipe will give a good chatpata flavor to the chaat.
How to make a Dahi Papdi Chaat :
Dahi papdi chat is a famous north Indian chaat, in which we can experience the different flavors and tastes at the same time because of the chutneys and spices we add. The basic ingredients for this dahi papdi chaat are dahi , papdi and chutneys. This is a yummy and easy recipe. You can have this chaat for festivals like Holi and Diwaali.
Papdi chaat preparation will start with making a good crunchy papdis. For making papdis we can use maida flour (all purpose flour ) or wheat flour and sujji. People who are allergic to all-purpose flour or diet conscious can use the wheat with sujji. Both the flour maintain the crunchiness. After making papdi we have to prepare chutneys for this recipe. Here we used green chutney and sweet chutney. These chutneys add the real taste to the recipe. After that, we have to focus on the toppings in a normal papdi chaat boiled potatoes and a Bengal gram used.
Know more about the ingredients:
Yogurt: Yogurt gives a creamy texture to the chaat. In addition to that, it blends all the flavors of chutneys and gives an amazing taste while having a bite with crispy papdi. If you don’t have sweet chutney you can mix the sugar in the yogurt, this works well. this papdi chaat tastes better with chilled yogurt.
Papdi: Firstly the main ingredient to make papdi chaat is paapdi. For making better papdi you need to rest the dough for at least 15 mins. Make holes in the papdi so that they puff like puri while deep frying them. The oil needs to be hot for crispy papdi .
Dahi Papdi Chaat
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Black Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 cup Cooking oil for deep fry
Dahi Papdi Chaat Recipe
- 1 Cup Boiled and mashed potatoes
- 4 tbsp Boiled Bengal gram
- 1 Cup Onions
- 1 Cup Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Sweet chutney
- 3 tbsp Green chutney
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 Cup Curd
- 3 tbsp Mixture snack
- 1 tbsp Chaat masala
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp lemon Juice
- For Papdi first step to take a big bowl and add 1cup of all-purpose flour and salt and black cumin seeds and 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Mix the flour properly and make it perfect dough for papdi’s. Rest the dough for at least 15 minutes. After 15mins of resting make big chapatis with the dough and then take a mold or a small round shape bowl to make small papdi’s then poke with a fork to the papdis for not popping out.
- Now deep fry the papdi’s when oil becomes heat in the deep fry pan. Keep them aside
Dahi Papdi Chaat Recipe
- Take a serving plate spread the papdi’s all around the plate. Now spread the mashed potatoes and also Bengal gram on the top of papdi’s.
- Next step to add the onions and tomatoes which are already chopped and some chat masala salt and chilli powder on the top.
- Now we have to spread the green chutney and sweet chutney as per our taste. Next, we have to add the curd and spread all over the plate and again we can make another layer of toppings like onions, tomatoes, Bengal gram, sweet chutney, green chutney.
- In the final step, we have to spread the mixture snack and chopped coriander and sprinkle some lemon juice on top of it. Now the yummiest street snack Dahi papdi Chaat is ready to eat.
Watch Dahi Papdi Chaat Recipe Video
Similar recipe ideas:
Dahi puri: On the other hand we can make dahi puri with the same ingredients. In conclusion, the only difference is instead of papdi we use crispy fried dough balls. And we fill that small puri with dahi, chutneys, and boiled potatoes.
Masala puri: In this recipe, we fill the crispy deep-fried dough balls with boiled potatoes, onions and Bengal gram. We can use the same toppings which we used for dahi papdi chaat.