Looking for a different recipe with custard dessert we have three different styles of custard shorts for you. Custard is a creamy and saucy dessert, which is very popular India. Traditional custard can be made with milk, eggs, and cream. Moreover, you can add flavors like vanilla and mango, etc. Nowadays custard powder is available in the market with different flavors. Simply you can choose your favorite one but if you don’t like artificial colors and flavors. Custard is the best dessert for summers so you can enjoy chilled custard with family and friends. In addition, we can make different recipes with custard however, We have tried three different custard shots which are simple and yummy in taste.
How to make custard shots:
For this custard shots, you need to make the custard first and refrigerate the custard for 1-2 hours. Then take the chocolate cake and make it crumbs. Keep it aside. Then take the fruits of your choice and make sure that they are sweet and I personally like apple, mango, pomegranate, and grapes. Take the finely chopped dry fruits, here I took almonds, cashews, and walnuts. You can use saffron for color. You can make your own custard powder with corn starch or arrowroot powder and for flavors, you can add vanilla essence, mango puree, saffron, and nuts, etc.
Know more about ingredients:
Custard: Whole milk or full cream milk is perfect for custard and need to thicken the milk first then need to add custard powder after that mix properly without making lumps and custard needs to be chilled in the refrigerator for at least 2hr. Store the custard in frize and use whenever you want to make custard shots.
Fruits: Make sure that fruits are not sour, the fruit’s like apple, pomegranate, mango, and grapes, etc suits well for the custard. Moreover, need to cut the fruits before serving the shots or else they ooze out the water or else they change color.
Custard Shots Recipe
for custard preparation
- 1/2 lit milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp custard powder
ingredients for custard shots preparation
- 1 bowl custard
- 3 pieces chocolate sponge cake
- 1 bowl chopped fruits
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 3-4 pieces gulab jamun
- custard glass
- 2 tbsps chocolate surup
- 1 tsp honey
procedure for making custard
- Take a Sause pan and add milk for a boil and stir the milk
- While milk is boiling take 1 cup of milk in a bowl and add 2 1/2tsps of custard powder and mix immediately to avoid forming lumps.
- Boil the milk until it gets thickens, keep on stirring to avoid lumps.
- Turn off the stove and let the custard cool down and keep in the refrigerator for 2 hrs.
- If you are using not using the store-bought custard powder you need to add corn flour to the warm milk and add this mixture to the milk. And you need to add vanilla essence and saffron for the color.
chocolate custard shots preparation
- Take one glass and add chocolate syrup on the edge of the glass and add 1tbsp of chocolate syrup at the bottom of the glass.
- Then take the cake pieces and make crumbs of the cake with your hand. Add these cake crumbs for 2 inches on the top of the chocolate syrup.
- Add custard on the top of the cake.
- Then add cake crumbs on the top of the custard
- Finally, add chocolate syrup on the top of the cake.
fruit custard shots
- Take one glass and add chopped fruits at the bottom of the glass
- Then add custard on the top of the fruits
- Then add pomegranate seeds on the top of the custard
- Add one more layer of the custard
- Finally, add honey on the top of the custard
custard shots with gulab jamun
- The one glass and add gulab jamun slices at the bottom of the glass
- Then add custard on the top gulab jamun
- Again add one more layer of sliced gulab jamun on the top of the custard
- Then spread one more layer of custard
- Finally, add tutti frutti pieces on the top.
Watch Custard Shots Recipe video:
- Rabdi: Rabdi is one more popular Indian dessert which yummy in taste and very close to the custard. For rabdi, all you need to do is, firstly thicken the whole milk and finally add sugar. add chopped nuts, cardamom, and saffron.
- Kulfi: kulfi is similar to ice cream and rich in flavor. For making kulfi thicken the whole milk and adds sugar for sweetness and in addition to that we add chopped nuts and saffron and cardamom for flavor. And finally, we fill this mixture in ice cream molds and freeze them.