Crispy Carrot Balls are the crunchy dessert recipe. And this is the extended version of the carrot halwa or Gajar ka halwa. Moreover, I have experimented with carrots, which turn out a great success. Similarly, the best part of the recipe is the crunchiness of the outer layer. This mouth-watering dessert made with healthy ingredients like carrots, dry fruits powder, and milk. On the other hand, this finger dessert is another addition to the carrot recipes. Nevertheless, try this crunchy carrot balls if got bored with regular carrot Halwa. Above all, they are tastier when they served hot.
How to make Carrot Crispy Balls:
To make this recipe, first, cook the grated carrots in the milk. While cooking, add dry fruits powder, sugar, and cardamom powder. Then let the mixture cool down. After that make balls with the mixture. Now roll these balls in the all-purpose flour dip and then in the bread crumbs. Then deep fry them in the oil. Finally, dust them with powder sugar. This powdered sugar makes the crispy carrot balls yummy and irresistible.
Know more about ingredients:
Carrots: These are the main ingredient of this recipe. Likely, any fresh carrots are fine for this recipe. But grate the carrots, this helps to quicken the process. As you know, carrots are very healthy and nutritious. They provide fiber, beta carotene, potassium, antioxidants, and Vitamin K1. Similarly, they help with weight loss, improves eyesight, and reduce cholesterol levels as well.
Bread crumbs: They add the crisp and crunchiness to the carrot balls. Before rolling into the bread crumbs, carrot balls need to dip in the all-purpose flour. So that they can stick well. On the other hand, you can replace the bread crumbs with dry coconut powder or cornflakes powder.
Cardamom powder and dry fruit powder: They add the flavor, and aroma to this recipe. Dry fruits like almonds, cashews, pasta are used in this recipe. Moreover, add some sugar to the cardamom while making powder. Along with them funnel seeds are also included in this recipe. Funnel seeds are good for constipation and indigestion.
Crispy Carrot Balls
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp Green cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp dry fruit powder
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour dip
- oil for deep fry
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- First, peel and grate the carrots and take them in a separate bowl. Then make cardamom powder, dry fruit powder, and sugar powder. Keep them in separate bowls.
- Take the bread crumbs and all-purpose flour dip in separate bowls.
- First, heat the ghee in the pan and add grated carrot to the pan. Fry the carrot in the ghee for 2mins.
- After that add the milk to the pan and mix well. Now cook the carrots in the milk until they become tender.
- Then add the green cardamom powder, sugar, dry fruit powder and fennel seeds to the pan. Mix everything well.
- Cook it for 10 mins or until it became a thick paste. Now transfer the mixture to the plate and let the mixture cool down.
- After that make equal size balls with the mixture and keep them on a plate.
- Then take bread crumbs, all-purpose flour dip, and carrot balls to the workspace and heat the oil in the pan.
- Now take the carrot balls and first dip them in the all-purpose flour dip and then roll them in the bread crumbs.
- Make sure that the carrot balls are fully covered with the bread crumbs. Then drop them in the hot oil slowly.
- Repeat the same process for other carrot balls as well. Fry them on the medium flame until they turn golden brown.
- Then take them, in the paper towel, so that it can absorb the excess oil. Finally, dust them with the sugar powder and serve them hot.
Watch Crispy Carrot Balls Recipe Video:
Carrot cake: To make carrot cake first, preheat the oven at 350 f. Then take a mixing bowl and add wet ingredients like eggs, oil, and vanilla extract and beat them well. After that add the dry ingredients like flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon powder. Mix them together. Add nuts like chopped almonds, pecans, or cashew nuts if you want.
Now grease and sprinkle some flour on the baking pan and transfer cake mix to the pan. Bake this for 45 mins or until it is done properly. To check, insert the tooth in the middle, it comes clean the cake is done. Serve this yummy carrot cake at tea time. You can frost the cake if you like.
carrot soup: This is very healthy, tasty and easy to make as well. carrot soup can be made with only carrots or with other veggies like tomatoes, onions, potatoes, and sweet potatoes as well.
First, saute the ginger, garlic, and onions in the oil and then saute the carrots, potatoes as well. Then add the salt, mint leaves and water and pressure cook them until they become tender. Then make a fine paste of this mixture with the blender. Make sure to remove the mint leaves before making the paste. After that cook this for 2 mins and adjust the consistency by adding the water. Finally serve the hot soup with pepper.
I made them taste somewhat like Gajar ka Halwa