Carrot Soup is one of the smart ways to feed carrots to your kids is through this delicious soup. This is the healthy and tasty soup which you can have in lunch or dinner. This is the best option when you are lazy to cook but still want to have something healthy and yummy. This recipe calls for only a few ingredients like chickpeas, carrots, butter, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, and lemon juice. There are different variations in making the carrot soup, today I’ll show you my way to make Super yummy carrot soup.
How to make Carrot Chickpea Soup:
To make this carrot soup firstly, melt the butter in the pan and ginger and cinnamon and saute them. After that add the boiled chickpeas and carrot and boil them in the water. Then blem them into a fine paste. After that melt the butter in the pan and saute the ginger, garlic and chopped green chilis in the pan and add blended carrot to the pan and add salt and water to the pan. cook it for 3 mins and finally add lemon juice to the soup.
Know more about ingredients:
Chickpeas: Boiled chickpeas are used in this recipe. Soak the chickpeas overnight or for 8 hrs. Then cook them in a pressure cooker for 3 to 4 whistles or else until they cooked. These chickpeas make this carrot soup more healthy. Chickpeas are a good source of fiber and help to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
Carrots: Carrots are the main ingredient of this recipe. This is a healthy recipe because of the usage of carrots. Better to follow few tips for tasty carrot soup like choose the fresh carrots and moreover, Feel the carrots for the creamy texture. Carrots are very nutritious. They are a good source of carbs, vitamins, and minerals. They help to reduce weight and improves eye health as well.
Carrot Soup Recipe
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 cardamom
- 3 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp green chilis
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Soak the chickpeas for 8hrs or overnight. After that boil them in the pressure cooker for 3 whiles. Then separate the chickpeas from the water and keep them in separate bowls.
- Wash and peel the carrots. Then cut them into big pieces. Chop the ginger, garlic and green chilis, and keep them separately.
- Firstly, melt the butter in and add cinnamon to the pan and saute it for few secs. After that add the finely chopped ginger to the pan.
- Saute the ginger and add the boiled chickpeas and carrot to the pan and add salt. Mix them together.
- Fry them for 1 min and add water to the pan and cover the lid and cook them until the carrots become soft. Then turn off the stove and let them cool down.
- Then transfer this mixture to the blender and make it a fine paste. Add water if it is required to make a fine paste.
- Now melt the butter in the pan and add chopped ginger, garlic and green chilis to the pan. Saute them.
- After that add the carrot puree to the pan and mix well along with the other ingredients in the pan.
- Then add water( chickpeas boiled water) to the soup and boil the carrot soup until it gets thickens or until the required consistency.
- Adjust the seasoning and add chopped coriander leaves to the soup and boil it again for 1min. Finally, add the lemon juice and give it a stir.
- Serve the carrot soup hot.
Watch Carrot chickpea soup Recipe video:
Tomato soup: Riped tomatoes are the best option for tomato soup. Herbs and pepper are the key ingredients for the flavor of this recipe. In addition, that add sugar to adjust the flavors. To make tomato soup first, Saute the bay leaf, onion, garlic and tomatoes in the pan until the tomatoes become soft. Then blend it and make a puree out of it. Remove the basil leaf before making the puree. After that filter the tomato soup and transfer it to a pot. Add corn starch gradually and allow it to boil. Finally add the herbs, salt, sugar, and pepper. Serve the hot tomato soup with bread croutons.
Carrot halwa or Gajar ka halwa: This is one of the Indias traditional dessert recipes. You can serve this for festivals and parties. They are different ways to make carrot halwa. Use condensed milk for the instant recipe. First, wash and peel the carrots. After that grate the carrots. Then take a thick bottomed pan and heat the milk. Then add the carrots to the pan and boil them in the milk. Don’t leave the pan unattended. Add sugar when the milk evaporates. Then add the ghee, cardamom powder. Cook it until it gets thickens. Serve it with roasted nuts on the top.