Veg Momos are a healthy snack recipe that we can make with meat or veggies. This is the popular street food in India. We serve these momos with hot chutney made with green chillis. etc. This is one of the healthy snacks for kids. It can make momos with different shapes and stuffings. Here I’m showing you the momos with vegetable stuffing.
How to make Momos with Red Chutney:
For momos preparation, knead the dough with maida or all-purpose flour by adding salt and water. Rest the dough for 30 mins. For the stuffing first, saute the garlic and onions and then add cabbage, carrot, beans. Saute them for 5mins. Then add salt, pepper and soy sauce and mix well. Don’t overcook the veggies. At this stage, you can add veggies of your choice. After that take the stuffing in a bowl and let it cool down. Make small chapatis or circle with the dough and stuff these with filling. Then make pleats by folding edges and finally seal all the edges in the middle like pouch with your hand.
For momos chutney saute the garlic, ginger, onions first. Then add boiled tomatoes and red chillis to the pan. cook them properly. Add salt, sugar and soy sauce to the pan. Grind them when they are cold. Then steam cook the momos in an idli cooker or normal pressure cooker. Finally, toss the momos in the red chutney and serve hot.
Know more about ingredients:
Stuffing: veggies like cabbage, carrots, onions, and beans are used for the stuffing. Can add veggies of your choice like spring onions, capsicum, peas, etc. These momos are very healthy because of veggies and steam cooking. cabbage is good for digestion and carrots to help to improve your eyesight.
Red sauce: This red sauce adds the spiciness to the momos. For making red sauce ginger, garlic, onions, boiled tomatoes, boiled red chillis, soy sauce, salt, and sugar are used. Can increase the red chilis according to your taste. To balance all the flavors sugar is used. Garlic is the blood purifier and red chilis improve the digestion.
Veg Momos recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt adjust according to your taste
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillis
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tbsp corn starch
Ingredients for stuffing
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1/4 cup onions
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 2 green chilis(chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
ingredients for red sauce/Momo chutnay
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 boiled tomato
- 12 red chilis
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Firstly add 1 cup of maida and salt in the bowl. By adding the water knead a proper dough. Rest the dough for 30 mins. Cover the dough.
Preparation for stuffing:
- Heat the oil on the medium flame and add ginger garlic paste and saute it until the raw flavor is gone.
- Then add chopped onions and saute them for 30 sec . After that add chopped cabbage and mix well. saute them for 30 sec.
- After that add chopped carrots and beans and saute them on medium to high flame. Then add salt, pepper and soy sauce .Mix well.
- check the taste and adjust. Now take the mixture into a bowl and let it cool down.
shaping the veg Momos:
- Take the dough and pinch the lemon size dough and make balls by rolling in your palms.
- Then roll them into a small circle shape and wet the edges with the water. After that place stuffing in the middle of the circle with the spoon.
- Take one edge and start making the pleats by flooding the edges. At last seal all the edges in the middle like a pouch.
- Repeat the same process for the other balls also. Moreover, don't overstuff the momos. Because it will be hard to shape the Momos.
Preparation of the Momos chutney
- Heat the oil in the pan and add chopped garlic and saute them. After that add ginger and chopped onions.
- Then add boiled tomatoes and cook them for 1 min. After that add boiled red chilis. Then add salt. pepper powder, soy sauce, and sugar. Mix well.
- Cook them properly and turn off the stove. Make a paste of this mixture in a mixing jar once it cools down.
steaming the momos:
- Firstly add water in the pressure cooker and let the water boil. Meanwhile, take a bowl and apply oil to the bowl and arrange the Momos in the bowl without touching each other.
- now place a stand or plate in the cooker and keep this Momos bowl on the stand, once the water starts boiling.
- Cover the plate on the top of the cooker. Or else, simple you cake steam these momos in the Idli cooker.
- Steam the Momos for 10 mins or else shiny sheen appears on the top of it. Then take them in a plate.
- Now take a frying pan and add garlic, green chilies, and chopped onions. after 1 min add Momos chutney and mix well.
- Then add corn starch water and mix well. When it start boiling toss the momos in the sauce. Serve the Veg Momos hot.
Watch Veg Momos Recipe Video:
Similar recipes like veg momos:
Veg Manchuria: For veg, Manchurian make Manchurian balls with veggies, corn starch, maida(all-purpose flour), black pepper and salt. After that deep fry these balls in the oil on medium flame. Finally, toss these balls with the Manchurian sauce.
veg spring rolls: For veg spring rolls use veggies of your choice like cabbage, carrots, onions, beans, bell peppers, spring onions, etc. Firstly, saute the veggies on the high flame and add salt, soy sauce, pepper and mix well. Add boiled noodles at this stage if you want to add. Make sure that the mixture needs to be dry. Then take the spring roll sheet and keep the stuffing on one side. Roll tightly towards the other side and apply maida paste or corn starch paste on the sides fold them without any gaps. Finally deep fry them on the medium flame.