Veg seekh Kabab is a snack or appetizer recipe. Basically, Kababs are made with minced meat, but this is a different kabab with veggies and soya chunks. Soya chunks add the meaty texture to this recipe. This Kabab is very easy to make and healthy as well because of the veggies used in this recipe. This makes the best evening snack with tea, a starter for dinner or a party. Pack this for your kid’s lunch boxes along with bread as a sandwich or pattie with the burger. Even kids and toddlers like this finger snack finish the whole plate without complaining. Moreover, for this recipe use veggies according to your choice. In addition to that, you can shallow fry, grill, or bake them.
How to make Vegetable Seekh Kabab:
To make this recipe, first heat the oil in the pan and fry green chilies and onions until they turn pink. After that add the minced veggies like cabbage, carrots, beans and mix well. Then add the minced soya chunks and mix well. Cook the veggies until they turn soft and let the mixture cool down. After that fry the besan with ghee and add that to the bowl. After that add the salt and spices like chili powder,cumin-coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, mashed potatoes, and paneer. Mix everything well and shape them around the skewer and shallow fry them on the pan. Serve them with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Know more about ingredients:
Veggies: I have used onions, cabbage, carrots, beans. On the other hand, you can use veggies like cauliflower, mushrooms, peas. For this recipe, mince the veggies in the food processor or chopper. Cook the veggies until they become soft, don’t dry them. These veggies are very nutritious. The carrots are good for skin and eyes and they even help to improve the vision. Cabbage is a good source of vitamin C and helps with digestion.
Soya Chunks: Minced soya chunks are used in this recipe. For this first, soak the soya chunks in the hot water. Then squeeze the water once they become soft and mince them in the mixer grinder. Soya is a great source of protein and this is one of the best protein sources for vegetarians. Itis rich in fiber as well. Soya chunks are used in different recipes like pulao, soup, and some curries as well.
spices: The spices used in this recipe are the green chilis, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and ginger-garlic paste. They add flavor and aroma to this recipe. Moreover, adjust these apices according to your taste. Chilis help to increase metabolism. Ginger and garlic help to control the cholesterol and blood pressure they help to prevent some diseases and to fight some cancers.
Veg Seekh Kabab
ingredients for making the veg seekh kabab:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp chopped green chilis
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup Minced cabbage
- 1/4 cup minced carrots
- 1/4 cup MInced beans
- 1 cup Minced soya chunks
- 1/4 cup Besan
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/4 cup paneer crumbs
- 1/2 cup mashed potato
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp cumin and coriander powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp oil to fry the kababs
- First, mince the veggies and keep them in separate bowls. Chop the onions and keep them aside in a bowl.
- To mince the soya chunks, first soak them in hot water and squeeze the water once they become soft. Now mince them in the mixer or blender.
- First, heat the oil in the pan and add green chilis to the pan and fry them for 1 imn and then add the chopped onions to the pan.
- Fry the onions until they turn pink and then add the veggies like minced cabbage, carrots, beans to the pan mix them well.
- Now fry them for 2 mins and cover the lid and cook until the veggies become soft.
- After that add the minced soya chunks to the pan and stir them well with veggies. Fry them for 2 to 3 mins and turn off the stove. Let the mixture cool down. Take this into a bowl.
- Now add the besan to the pan and add ghee to the pan. Stir the ghee well so that it can mix properly with the besan.
- Fry the besan until it turns aromatic. Don't burn the besan. Now add this to the veggies mixture.
- Then add the paneer crumbs, mashed potatoes, chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste, and coriander leaves to the bowl and mix well to form the dough.
- Add some more besan if the dough is too sticky. Adjust the spices according to your taste.
- Now take a skewer and make the kabab around the skewer with the dough and shape them between the palms to make it even.
- Heat the oil on the pan to shallow fry the kababs. Once the oil is hot enough place these skewers on the pan. Flip them in between to cook them properly.
- Cook them on the medium flame until they are done or until they turn golden brown.
- Serve the hot veg seekh kabab with green chutney or mint chutney and sliced onions.
Watch Veg Seekh Kabab Recipe Video:
Aloo Tikki: For aloo Tikki, first, boil the potatoes and peel them and then mash the potatoes. Then add the salt, chili powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, chat masala, and coriander leaves. Mix well Then add the bread crumbs to the potato to make the mixture dry. Now make small balls with that mixture and flatter them between the palms. Now heat the oil in the pan and deep fry them in the oil when the oil is hot enough. Or else shallow fry them with less oil.
Chicken Kabab: Boneless chicken is best for this chicken kabab. To make this chicken kabab, first, clean and dry the chicken. Then marinate the chicken with curd, salt, chili powder, lemon juice, and ginger-garlic paste. Keep this in the refrigerator for a minimum of 5 hrs. Then take a skewer and arrange the chicken pieces and veggies like onions and bell peppers alternatively. Now heat the griddle or pan. Add oil to the pan and place them on the pan. Flip them and roast them until they are done. Serve them hot.