Schezwan cheese dosa, Idli, Upma, Utappam are the staple breakfast recipes in most of the south Indian homes. There are different dosa recipes like onion dosa, masala dosa, Rava dosa, and this Cheese dosa is one of them. This is easy to make and tasty and filling as well. Try this for weekend brunch or for kind lunch boxes. Even you can add veggies like tomatoes, grated carrots, chopped beans, and corn as well. Kids love this recipe because of the cheese. Moreover, this is very similar to the pizza, you can call it Indian Pizza. The only difference is the base is thin and crispy. This healthier that pizza because the Dosa batter is made with urad dal and rice.
How to make Schezwan Cheese Dosa:
To make this recipe, first heat the oil on the pan and spread the dosa batter on the pan. Then spread the potato masala and red chutney on the dosa. after that add the onions and spring onions to the dosa. Then add some cheese on the dosa. After that sprinkle some red chili flakes and oregano on the top. Once the edges are crispy and start leaving the pan and fold the dosa. Cut the dosa with a pizza cutter and serve hot with chutney or sambar.
know more about ingredients:
Dosa batter: This is the main ingredient of this recipe. Dosa batter is made with the soaked rice and urad dal. to make this batter soak 1 cup of urad dal and 3 cups of dosa rice, 1 tsp methi seeds and soak them. Then make the batter with this and keep the batter for fermentation. The time of the fermentation depends on the temperature. After that add the salt according to the salt. Dosa is a healthy breakfast, even you can have this for lunch or dinner also. All age groups can enjoy this dosa. This batter should not be too thick or too thin.
Cheese: Cheese is the key ingredient of this recipe. Adjust the cheese according to your taste. Use any kind of cheese like mozzarella or processed cheese. Cook the dosa until the cheese melts. This is recipe is going to be your kid’s favorite because of the cheese. Cheese is a good source of calcium, protein, and fat because this is made up of milk. It also contains vitamins like vitamin A and B 12 and omega 3 fatty acids.
Schezwan cheese dosa recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup dosa batter
- 2 tbsp Aloo masala
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tbsp spring onions
- 1/4 cup grated cheese adjust according to the taste
- 2 tbsp red chili flakes adjust
- 1 tbsp oregano
preparation of aloo masala:
- To make the Aloo masala, first boil the potatoes and peal the potatoes. Then mash the potatoes.
- Then heat the oil in the pan and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, urad dal, and chana dal to the pan when the oil is hot enough. let the mustard seeds splatter.
- Then add the mashed potatoes and salt. Mix well. let the mixture cool down and take it into the bowl.
- chop the onions and keep them in a bowl. Grate the cheese and keep it aside, adjust cheese according to your taste.
- First, heat the pan and spread the oil on the pan, then take a ladle full of batter and spread on the pan to make a round dosa.
- Then add oil on the edges of the dosa and when the dosa is cooked, spread the aloo masala on the top of the dosa.
- After that spread some schezwan chutney or red chutney on the dosa. After that add some chopped onions on the top of the dosa.
- Then press the onions with a spatula so that they can stick to the dosa. At this stage, you can add some other veggies like grated carrots.
- After that add some spring onions on the top of the dosa. Then add grated cheese on the dosa. Adjust this cheese quantity according to your taste.
- Then sprinkle some red chili flakes and oregano on the top. When the edges turn brown and start leaving the pan, then fold the dosa.
- Add some cheese on top of the dosa if you want. Then take the Schezwan cheese dosa into a plate.
- After that cut the dosa into 3 pieces with pizza cutter and Serve the hot schezwan cheese dosa hot with chutney and sambar.
Watch Schezwan Cheese Dosa Recipe Video:
Masala dosa: Key ingredients to make Masala dosas are the dosa batter and potato masala. First, to make masala, boil the potatoes and peel them. Mash them and keep them separately. Then heat the oil in the pan and add cumin seeds, mustards, chana dal and urad dal to the oil and fry them. Then add the chopped onions, green chilis, and saute them. After that add the mashed potatoes and salt. Mix well. Let the mixture cool down. Now heat the pan and spread the oil on the pan. Then pour the dosa batter on the pan spread it like a dosa. Add some oil on the edges, when the edges start leaving the pan then add the potato curry in the middle and fold the dosa. Serve the hot Masala dosa with chutney and sambar.
Rava dosa: To make this Rava dosa batter, take a mixing bowl and add sooji, rice flour, and all-purpose flour. Mix them well, then add the salt, green chilis, chopped onions, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, and pepper. Mix this buttermilk and rest the batter for 30 mins. Make sure that there are no lumps in the batter. Now heat the pan add spread the oil in the pan. Then pour batter on the pan in the circle shape to make the dosa. When it turns golden color flip the dosa and cook until it turns a golden color. Serve the dosa with chutney.