Raju gari Kodi pulao is one of the popular Andhra pulao which make in an authentic way. We can make this recipe easily in a pressure cooker. The main ingredient will be country chicken which we call as natu Kodi in Telugu.
How to make Raju gari Kodi pulao:
We can make the pulao with normal Sona masoori it is not compulsory to cook with basmati rice. Above all, Chicken biryani and Raju gari Kodi pulao both are very much different in taste. In addition to the recipe add Shallots (small onion ) and cashew nuts to give the real royal touch to the recipe. The process is simple like adding the ingredients one after other like a one pot meal .
Know more about ingredients:
Chicken: Fresh tender chicken with biryani cut used for the preparation. This recipe tastes great with country chicken. However, if Natu Kodi is not available you can use the normal chicken also. And the chicken needs to be cooked in the spices so that it can absorb the flavor of spices.
Garam masala: Garam masala is the key to the flavor of this recipe. And we are using whole garam masala. Whole garam masala spices include cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, shahi jeera, and bay leaf.
Raju Gari Kodi Pulao
- 2 cups rice
- 750 gms chicken
- 2 tbsps oil
- 2 tbsps ghee
- 3/4 cup yogut/curd
- 1 cup sambar onions/shallots
- 3 bay leaf
- 4-5 cloves
- 3 peppers
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 3-4 cardamom/ilachi
- 2 star mace/javitri
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chill paste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 salt
- pre-preparation;1) Wash and rinse the basmati rice thoroughly and soak them for 20 mins2) Wash and clean the chicken, keep it separately in a bowl.
- Heat the oil and ghee a pot in
- Fry the cashew nuts in the pot until they turn golden brown. keep them separately in a bowl
- Add onions to the pot and sauté until they are golden brown
- Add bay leaf, cloves, pepper, cinnamon stick, cardamom, star anise/Chakri fool, javitri/stand mace and sauté them for two minutes.
- Then add green chili paste and ginger garlic paste. Saute until the raw flavor is gone.
- Then add chicken and mix well
- Add ¾ cup of yogurt and stir well.
- Add salt, chili powder, and garam masala and mix well
- Add coriander leaves and mint leaves, stir well and cover the lid
- Cook on a medium flame for 20 mins or else until the oil separates from the chicken.
- Then add 3 cups of water and boil the water
- Then finally add soaked basmati rice and stir well and cover the lid and cook for 15 mins.
- Open the lid and add cashew nuts to the rice and mix carefully. Then cover the lid and cook for 10 mins.
- Serve the hot raju gari Kodi pulao with raita.
Watch Raju gari Kodi Pulao recipe video:
- Mutton pulao: Mutton pulao is similar to this recipe. But replace the chicken with mutton but as you know mutton takes more time to cook than chicken. Use tenderizer like curd or raw papaya paste or mint leaf paste to get the real taste of mutton pulao.
- Veg pulao: If you are a vegetarian this is a perfect one-pot meal for you which tastes great with raita or yogurt. And use veggies like potato, carrot, beans, peas and soya chunks in addition to that you can use paneer also.