Rabdi malpua is a traditional Indian dessert recipe that is very popular in Rajasthan, UP, and Bihar. This is also made in other countries like Nepal and Bangladesh. An Indian Pancake, which is dunked in sugar syrup and served with Rabdi or thickened milk. Or else serve this without Rabdi, because it is also sweetened with sugar syrup. There different variations in making this Malpua, Like in Bihar, they add banana to this recipe. Modify this recipe according to your taste like adding fruits. chopped nuts and coconut. Malpua edgers should be crispy and it should be soft and fluffy in the middle.
How To Make Rabdi Malpua:
To make this recipe first make sugar syrup with sugar, water, butter, and cardamom powder. Then make the batter to make Malpua. To make the batter, Take a mixing bowl and add Kova, curd, milk, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cardamom powder, pepper powder, milk and make a soft batter. Then make pancakes with this batter in the ghee and deep fry them. After they are fried add them to the sugar syrup. Finally, serve the hot Malpua with Rabdi.
Know more about ingredients:
Batter: Batter is the main ingredient of this recipe. The batter should not be runny or thick. It should be in pouring consistency. And moreover, it should be lump-free. They are different ways to make the batter, but I made the batter with Kova, yogurt, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cardamom powder, pepper powder, and milk. Adjust the milk quantity according to the batter consistency.
Sugar syrup: The sugar syrup is the key to this recipe. The sugar syrup needs to sticky and one string consistency. It really can ruin the Malpua if it is too thick. Because they can’t absorb the thick syrup. On the other hand, the syrup needs to be hot while adding the Malpuas. Cardamom powder and saffron enhance the flavor of the syrup. This is the star ingredient of the syrup.
Ghee: The real taste of the Malpua comes when it fries in the ghee. They should be fried until the edges are in golden color and the edges are brown. On the other hand, they should be fried on the medium flame. Deep fry them or shallow from according to your taste.
Rabdi Malpua recipe
ingredients for sugar syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp ghee/butter
- 1 tsp saffron
Ingredients to make the batter:
- 200 gms Kova/Koya
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cups milk adjust according to the batter consistency
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- ghee as required for deep frying
- 1 cup Rabdi
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts adjust according to your taste
Making the batter:
- Take a mixing bowl and add kova to the bowl. Then make is soft and lump-free with a spatula.
- Then add the yogurt to the kova and mix them well. After that add the milk to the bowl and whisk well, so that they shouldn't be any lumps.
- Then add flour, baking powder, pepper powder, cardamom powder, to the bowl and mix well. Add extra milk if you need it.
- Adjust the milk consistency according to the batter thickness. If you want to make thin Malpua, the batter should be thin. For thick and fuffy Malpua, the batter should be thick.
- Make sure that the batter should not be runny.
- To make sugar syrup, first, take the sugar in the pan or pot and add an equal amount of water. let the sugar melt on the medium flame.
- While the sugar is melting add ghee to the sugar and then stir well. After that add the cardamom powder and saffron to the sugar.
- They add the fragrance and taste to the recipe. And sugar syrup needs to be thick and one string consistency.
- Add some water if the sugar syrup is thick.
- To make malpua, first, heat the ghee in the pan to fry Malpuas. When the ghee is hot enough then drop some batter to check the consistency.
- After that pour batter in the ghee and let them fry in the medium flame. Once they turn golden brown flip them to the side.
- Once they fried on both sides, then drop them into the sugar syrup. Heat the syrup once if it is cold because then only the absorb the syrup.
- Repeat the same process for the others, Fry them in batches and don't overcrowd them while frying.
- Soak them in the sugar syrup for 5 to 10mins and then, take them in the serving plate and garnish with chopped nuts and saffron.
- serve the hot Malpua with Rabdi on top.
Watch Rabdi Malpua Recipe Video:
Similar Recipes Like Malpua:
Gulab jamun: To make this gulab jamun first, make sugar syrup with sugar, water, and cardamom powder. Then make the dough with the milk powder, all-purpose flour, ghee, baking soda, milk, ghee, and yogurt. Now make the balls with the dough and deep fry them in the oil. Then drop in the sugar syrup. Make sure that the syrup is hot, then only they absorb the syrup. Garnish them with chopped nuts and serve.
Rabdi: Popular north Indian dessert, which is made with the milk. To make this recipe, First, take a thick bottomed pan and add whole milk. And start simmering the milk on the low flame. Stir the milk often so that the milk doesn’t stick to the bottom. Simmer the milk 1/4 of quantity and add sugar and saffron to the milk. Finally, add chopped nuts to the milk and Serve the milk warm or chilled.
Semiya payasam: This is the easiest and yummiest dessert you can make under 30 mins. All you need for this recipe is Semiya, cardamom powder, sugar, and some chopped nuts to garnish. First, roast the Semiya in ghee and keep it aside. Take a thick bottomed pan and heat the milk. Add the Semiya to the milk and boil. Once it is boiled and sugar and cardamom powder. Finally, add chopped nuts and serve warm.