Manchow soup is a sour, spicy soup made with veggies and served with fried noodles on the top. This belongs to the Indo Chinese cuisine. Moreover, this soup is healthy and diet-friendly because of veggies and fewer calories. In addition to that, I have added the mushroom in this soup to increase the protein content. Above all, this soup is the best addition to that winter days. This Manchow soup is similar to the veg hot and sour soup but the consistency and fried noodles vary this recipe from the veg hot and sour soup. On the other hand, water can be replaced with veg stock.
As you know soup increases the intake of water content in your body. Similarly, this soup can make the whole meal of itself because of the veggies we added in this recipe. And try this as a starter because it increases the appetite and one of the best ways to add veggies to your diet. This is best combined with Chinese dishes like veg noodles, fried rice, and Manchurian.
How to make Manchow soup:
To make this recipe first, boil the noodles with salt and coat the noodles with corn starch, pepper, and turmeric powder. After that deep fry the noodles until they turn crisp. After that heat the oil in the pan and saute the green chilis, garlic, garlic, along with veggies of your choice After that add the salt, pepper, and soy sauce. Then add the water to the pan and let the water boil. Finally, add the corn starch mixture and boil until the required consistency. Serve the hot Manchow soup with fried noodles on the top.
Know more about ingredients:
veggies: I used onions, cabbage, carrots, beans, and mushrooms. You can use tofu, paneer, and sprouts as well. These veggies make, soup healthier and they add crunchiness to the soup as well. Finely chop the veggies and don’t overcook the veggies. Carrots help to lose weight and improve eye health as well. Cabbage is great for digestion due to Vitamin C.
Noodles, sauces, and spices: First, boil the noodles and after that deep fry the noodles. Frying the noodles is optional. but they add crunchiness to the soup. If you prefer the healthiest version of this soup, skip this step. Chopped green chiles, garlic, ginger, and pepper are used in this recipe. They add the spice to the soup. Soy sauce is added as well.
Corn starch: This acts as a thickening agent. Increase the quantity if you want thick soup. Don’t add corn starch directly to the soup. Dilute the corn starch in the water and add the water to the soup. Corn starch is used in gravy. sauce, and omelets as well. And this is useful to reduce skin irritations too.
Munchow soup recipe
Ingredients for fried noodles:
- 1/4 cup boiled noodles
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
Ingredients for the soup:
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped green chilis
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3 tbsp chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped french beans
- 1 tbsp salt adjust
- 1.5 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup corn mixture
- Take the boiled noodles in a bowl and cornflour, pepper and turmeric to the bowl. Mix them well with the noodles and keep it aside.
- Add a bowl and add 1 tbsp of cornflour and 3 tbsp of water. Now mix the cornflour without any lumps. Now keep this mixture aside.
- After that finely chop the veggies, ginger, garlic, and green chilis and keep them separately in a bowl
preparation of fried noodles:
- Heat the oil in the pan and deep fry the noodles until they become crunchy and lightly turn into golden brown.
- Now take them into a paper tissue to absorb the excess oil and keep it aside.
Preparation of the soup:
- Heat the oil in the pan and add chopped green chilis, chopped ginger, and chopped garlic to the pan and stir them.
- After that add the finely chopped onions to the pan and saute them until they become translucent. Then add chopped beans, and mushrooms. Fry them for 2 mins.
- Then add the veggies like chopped carrots, shredded cabbage and mix them well. Now stir and fry them for 3 mins.
- After that add the salt, pepper, soy sauce, and mix them well. So that they can mix with the veggies well.
- After that add the water to the pan and boil the water. you can use veg stock instead of water. Now simmer the soup on the medium flame
- Then add the cornflour mixture to the pan and mix it well. This helps to thicken the soup. When it came to required consistency turn off the stove.
- Check the taste and add more salt, soy sauce, or pepper if needed.
- Now take the soup into a bowl and add fried noodles on the top and serve hot.
Watch Manchow Soup Recipe Video:
Gobi Manchurian recipe: This belongs to Chinese cuisine. To make this gobi Manchurian, first, cut the cauliflower/gobi into florets. And then soak them in the hot water. After that deep fry them in the oil. Before deep fry makes sure to dry the florets on the tissue paper so that they get dry. After that make batter with cornflour, maida, salt, and chili powder. Now dip the cauliflower pieces in the batter and deep fry them until they turn golden brown and crisp.
To make the Manchurian gravy first, heat the oil in the pan and add chopped ginger, garlic, and green chilis, Saute them. After that add the spring onions and fry them. After that add the soy sauce, chili sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar. Mix them well and stir. After that add the cornflour mixture and cook until it gets thickens. After that check the taste and adjust the salt and sauces. Finally, add the fried gobi pieces and give it a stir. Serve the gobi Manchurian with spring onions on the top.
Egg fried rice: To make egg fried rice, first, cook the rice and let the rice cool down. Or else you can use the leftover rice as well. Heat the oil in the wok. Then add the chopped garlic and fry the garlic. Then add the spring onions and chopped veggies. Fry them for 3 mins on the high flame. After that add the eggs and scramble the eggs. When the eggs are done add the salt, pepper, and vinegar. Give it a stir. After that add the boiled rice and red chili flakes to the wok and mix them well. Stir for 2 mins. Now check the salt and adjust the taste. Serve the egg fried rice with some Manchurian gravy.