Here is my recipe for an easy vegetable salad with all the healthy ingredients. Vegetable salad easy take for breakfast as well it works well as an appetizer. The main ingredients are chickpeas and the sweet corn for this salad. You can add more veggies to this recipe whatever you like. In addition, use mayonnaise and curd, therefore, the salad will be creamy in texture. However, this vegetable salad is of full of proteins makes a good healthy meal for your diet day.
The goodness of Vegetable Salad:
Vegetable salad is a healthy recipe and everyone should include this salad in your diet because of its health benefits. You can have this for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can have a few bites of this salad along with your meal. It is easy to make and healthy as well. vegetable salad is very lite and full of nutrients and fiber. The main ingredients are fresh veggies, seasoning ingredients, chickpeas, and corn. This vegetable salad is the best choice for you when you are tired or not in a mood to cook.
Know more about the ingredients:
Red cabbage: Chopped cabbage gives a crunchy texture to the salad. And is full of nutrients and improves your digestion.
Iceberg lettuce: In this salad iceberg lettuce need to be added at the end to stay fresh for a long time.
Chickpeas: Boil the chickpeas before adding to the salad. These chickpeas in the salad taste great along with the seasoning and they are very filling too.
Sweet corn: boiled sweet corn adds little bit sweetness to your salad. You can reduce the quantity of sweet corn if you are diabetic because of the sweetness.
Veg mayonnaise: Adding mayonnaise gives a creamy texture to the salad. If you are not a vegetarian you can normal mayonnaise.
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Veg Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1 tbsp Coriander chopped
- 1/2 cup Red cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot chopped
- 2 tbsp onions chopped
- 2 tbsp cucumber chopped
- 1/2 cup iceberg Lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn Boiled
- 1/2 cup Chick Peas Boiled
- 1 tbsp Tomatoes Chopped
- Take a big bowl add the seasoning ingredients and make it rest for at least 10 mins.
- Seasoning ingredients are black pepper, salt, chilli flakes, olive oil, lemon juice, Veg Mayonnaise, Curd, Coriander. Mix all these well and rest the seasoning at least for 10 mins to get the flavors out of it.
- Now add the veggies to the seasoning first add the red cabbage, carrot, cucumber, onion, tomatoes mix well once with the seasoning.
- Add the sweet corn chickpeas and lettuce to the salad now mix altogether once you can freeze this salad to give cool punch to the salad or you can serve fresh salad
Watch Vegetable Salad Recipe Video
Similar recipes with same ingredients:
Kidney bean salad: Kidney bean salad also similar to the veg salad. We can use kidney beans instead of chickpeas. Kidney bean needs to be soaked for 6hr at least. And then pressure cook the kidney beans Or else you can replace chickpeas with Bengal gram or black chenna.
Veggie cheese salad: Veggie cheese salad is very close to veg salad and o you need extra is cheese. For this, we mix all the seasoning ingredients in a bowl and leave it for 10 mins. Then cut the veggies for salad and finally add chopped veggies and cheese to the seasoning bowl and mix well.
Sprouts salad: For sprouts salad, add sprouts to the chopped veggies. Mix them with lemon juice and black pepper powder. This is the simplest and healthy salad you can make in no time.