Veg cheese balls are an appetizer or snack recipe which you can make easily under 20 mins. Moreover, this is the yummiest and easiest snack you can ever make for parties, potluck or get together. On the other hand, Not only kids, everyone loves this snack because of the cheese and potatoes. Even you can bake if you want the healthier version of this recipe. In addition to that, Serve this with tomato ketchup, chutney, or some sauce. There are different ways to make veg cheese balls and this is one of them.
How to make Veg Cheese Balls :
To make this recipe, First, make a dough with minced garlic, potatoes, cheese, chopped onions, chopped capsicum, chopped carrots, spring onions, coriander leaves, salt, and chili flakes. Now make small balls with this stuff and keep a cheese cube inside and first dip them in the all-purpose paste and then in bread crumbs. Finally deep fry them.
Know more about ingredients:
Veggies: Chopped carrots, onions, capsicum, spring onions, coriander leaves, are used in this recipe. Mashed potatoes are also used. This is the binding factor in this recipe. The potatoes need to be boiled properly, at the same time should not be mussy. Add veggies of your choice. Moreover, finely chop the veggies or else use the vegetable chopper. Carrots are good for eyes and good sources of vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, VItamin B12, potassium and Biotin.
Bread crumbs: Bread crumbs add the crispy outer layer. Double the roll cheese balls for a thick outer layer. Or else replace the bread crumbs with cornflake crumbs or poha crumbs. For that take plain corn flakes and grind them into a fine powder. Use homemade bread crumbs or store-bought bread crumbs.
Cheese: Cheese is the star ingredient of this recipe. Use can use mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese. They both work well with this recipe. In this recipe, first, add the grated cheese in the outer layer and cheese is stuffed inside the balls as well.
Veg cheese balls recipe
Ingredients for cheese balls
- 1 tbsp MInced garlic
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped onions
- 3 tbsp chopped capsicum
- 3 tbsp chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp spring onions
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp salt adjust
- 1 tbsp chili flakes adjust
- 10 cubes cheese according to the balls
- Boil the potatoes. Peel them and mash them. Make sure that they are properly cooked. They should not be any lumps.
- Chop the veggies and keep them aside. Grate the cheese and cut the cheese into cubes.
- Take maida or all-purpose flour in a bowl and add some water to the bowl and make the batter.
- Take a plate and add bread crumbs to the plate.
- Take a mixing bowl and minced garlic to the bowl. After that add the mashed potato to the bowl.
- Then add the grated cheese, chopped onions, chopped capsicum, chopped carrots, spring onions, chopped coriander leaves, salt, red chili flakes to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well and make a dough. Can adjust the chilis and salt accordingly.
- Now make equal size balls with the dough, and stuff the cheese cube inside the balls. Repeat the process for other balls also.
- Now first dip these balls in the maida liquid and then roll them in the bread crumbs. Make sure that the balls are fully cover with bread crumbs.
- Or else they can break and cheese might come out in the oil.
- You can double dip and roll them in the bread crumbs for the crispy layer. Now heat the oil in the pan.
- When the oil is hot enough, add these balls to the oil and deep fry them until they turn golden brown. Fry them on the medium flame.
- Then take them into a paper tissue to absorb the excess oil. Serve them with tomato ketchup or some sauce or chutney.
Watch Veg Cheese Balls Recipe Video:
Cheese dosa: There are different kinds of dosa like plain dosa, onion dosa, Rava dosa, and cheese dosa is one of them. Above all, Dosa is the staple breakfast for south Indians. This dosa is best for brunch and breakfast as well. Serve this dosa with chutney. For this cheese dosa, first, heat the pan and spread oil on the pan. After that pour ladles full of dosa batter on the pan and spread like dosa. Once the dosa is cooked spread some chili sauce, on the dosa. After that spread the aloo masala on the dosa. Then add the veggies like onions, capsicum or carrot according to taste. Then add the grated cheese on the dosa and fold the dosa. Spread some butter and cheese on the top of the dosa as well.
Aloo cutlet: THis is the snack recipe. This is good for kids’ snacks and lunch boxes as well. For this first boil the potatoes. Then peel them and mash them. Make sure that they are properly cooked. Take a mixing bowl and add mashed potatoes, salt, chili powder, green chilis, chopped coriander, chaat masala, and garam masala. Now make small balls with the mixture and press in between the palms to make cutlets. After that roll in the bread crumbs and shallow fry them on the pan. OR else deep fry them. Serve them with tomato ketchup or some chutney.