Want to prepare the restaurant-style tandoori chicken at home? and you don’t have a tandoori oven at home. So here is my recipe Tandoori chicken without an oven. The taste of the chicken will be more like our chicken tandoori which we order from the restaurant but no artificial color and moreover, we use only 2-4 spoons of oil. If chicken is your favorite then the tandoori chicken will be in your menu list. So give a try in making this recipe.
How to make a tandoori chicken :
Tandoori chicken is a starter recipe, to make tandoori chicken first marinate chicken with spices and curd. Then grill the chicken on the stove. With less oil, you can prepare this tasty tandoori chicken at home and it can be your kids favorite if you reduce the spices.
Marination: Marination plays a crucial role in this recipe. The taste of the tandoori chicken depends on this marination process and time of the marination. It should be at least 20 mins because in this marination all the spices mix with chicken and chicken becomes tender and absorbs the flavors. Add garam masala if you don’t have tandoori masala.
Grilling: After Marination grill the chicken on the stove or outdoor grills. The grill should be hot to marinate the chicken and then arrange the chicken pieces side by side without overlapping. One more thing is chicken pieces need to be flip while grilling means if they are done on one side we need to flip to the other side so that they can cook evenly. Don’t cook or else the chicken will burn and it gets to soar in taste.
Tandoori Chicken without Oven
- 500 gms chicken
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp cumin and coriander powder
- 1 tbsp tandoori / garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp mint,green chilli, coriander paste
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Take a bowl to add the chicken pieces now start dropping all the masala powders like chilli powder, cumin, coriander, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, salt, mix well.
- Now start adding all the pastes like coriander, mint, green chilli paste. and now add the ginger garlic paste and curd to the chicken finally add some olive oil to the marination masala
- Now mix all the ingredients well and let the marination rest at least for 20minutes
Cooking Tandoori Chicken
- Heat the pan with a spoon of oil and now add the marinated chicken now let it cook for at least 5min and now add 1 cup full water and close the lid and let the chicken cook.
- After 10mins of cooking check once the water gets evaporated and check the chicken cooks well.
- Now place the chicken pieces on the gas grill and cook it in a low flame to get the smoky and tandoori touch to the chicken. Heat the chicken evenly from all the sides on the gas grill
- And tandoori will be ready to serve you can give an onion tomato lemon salad as a combo or a green chutney depends on the taste. Sprinkling lemon juice on the chicken before serving will add more taste to the chicken.
Watch Tandoori Chicken without Oven recipe video
Similar recipes with same ingredients:
Mutton tandoori: with the same marination masala we can make tandoori mutton also, as you know mutton takes more time to cook.
Chicken tikka: Chicken tikka is very close to tandoori chicken, in this, we cut the chicken into small pieces. Prefer a boneless chicken for making chicken tikka. And grill the chicken on the stove or grill with the help of skewer. And it needs more margination than tandoori chicken.