Potato cheese cups are the breakfast and snack recipe. Which is slightly different from other potato snacks. Potatoes play a vital role in Indian cooking. And it’s always the kids favorite. Can make so many varieties of recipes with potato-like curries, fries, Starters. These potato cheese cups are one more addition to those wonderful recipes. Not only kids everyone can enjoy this recipe. The name itself says that the recipe is made up of potatoes and cheese. Melted cheese and the creamy potato is the great combinations. These potato cheese cups are crunchy outside and creamy and cheesy inside. Can make this recipe in the oven too but we can also make this potato cheese cups on the stove.
How to make Potato cheese cups Recipe :
To make these potato cheese cups first boil the potatoes and then make cups with the boiled potatoes. After that deep fry the potatoes and keep it aside. In a bowl mix sweet corn green peas, onions, green chilis, tomatoes with salt, garam masala and veg mayonnaise. At last stuff this mixture in potatoes and add cheese on the top. Finally, roast them on the pan.
Know more about the ingredients:
Potatoes: potatoes are the base ingredient for this recipe. You need to be extra careful while boiling the potatoes. potatoes should not be overcooked. Because making cups is an important step for this recipe. While making potato cups gently dig the well in the middle of the potato and remove the excess potato. Don’t rush. Or else you might break the potatoes. Above all, choose medium to large-sized potatoes.
Cheese: cheese is the key ingredient of this potato cheese cups. Melted cheese along with the veggies adds the creamy and crunchy flavor to this potato cheese cups. Veggies like sweet corn and green pieces added to this recipe. They add mild sweetness to this recipe. Green chilis and garam masala add the spice. Grated cheese used for this recipe. Can choose any cheese of your choice like Mozarella cheese, cheddar cheese or parmesan cheese. Can increase or decrease the usage of cheese according to your taste.
Potato cheese cup recipe
- 3 potatoes
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1 tbsp chopped green chilis
- 1 tbsp coriander( chopped)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 1.5 tbsp veg mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheese Adjust according to your taste.
- Take the medium to large-sized potatoes and boil them. Let them cool down. After that peel the outer layer of potatoes and keep it aside.
- Then make potato cups with a spoon by digging a well in the middle or by removing the excess potato from the middle with a spoon. You must be gentle while making potato cups or else they might break.
- Chop the onions, tomatoes, coriander and keep them in separate bowls.
- Grate the cheese and keep it separately in a bowl. Adjust the cheese according to your taste.
Preparation of stuffing for potato cheese cups:
- Meanwhile, take a mixing bowl and add sweetcorn and green peas to the bowl. They add mild sweetness to this recipe. Better to use fresh or frozen green peas for this recipe.
- After that add finely chopped onions, tomatoes, and green chillis. You can adjust chilis according to your taste.
- Then add lemon juice, salt, pepper powder, garam masala to the mixing bowl. This garam masala gives given flavor to this potato cheese cups.
- Finally, add veg mayonnaise and mix well. So that all veggies can be covered with salt, spices, and mayonnaise.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or Kadai. When the oil is hot enough add the potato cups to the oil and fry them until they are light brown.
- Then keep the potato cups in a plate and let them cool down.
- Once they are cold, take the fried potato cups and fill the cups with stuffing and add grated cheese on the top.
- Then take a frying pan and grease the pan with oil and heat it on the high flame. When the pan is hot enough add the potato cups to the pan.
- Make sure that they should not overlap. Cover the lid and let them cook on the medium flame for 10 mins. Or else until the cheese is melted.
- Finally, serve the potato cheese cups hot with ketchup.
Watch the Potato cheese cup Recipe Video:
Fried cheese sticks: This is an appetizer or a stack which you can make easily at home. For this Fried cheese sticks, take three bowls, in the first bowl beat the egg with oil. In the second bowl, mix the flour and corn starch. In the third bowl mix the bread crumbs with salt, pepper, garlic powder. Now take the cheese stick and the first dip in the egg and then in the flour and finally roll it in the bread crumbs. Repeat this process again for a thick coating. Now deep fry the cheese stick in the hot oil. Or else can bake these cheese sticks on a baking sheet. Make sure that the cheese stick is completely covered with the coating. So that the cheese can’t leak while deep frying.
Potato cheese balls: To make these tasty cheese balls first boil the potatoes and mash the potatoes without any lumps. Then add salt, pepper powder, chili flakes, and crushed garlic and mix well. In a bowl mix the flour and cornflour. In another bowl mix the bread crumbs with salt, pepper powder, and dried garlic powder. Now take the potato mixture and make balls. Then take the cheese cubes and keep them in the potato balls. Make sure that the cheese should be completely covered with potato mixture without any gaps or cracks. Then roll the potato balls in the flour and bread crumbs. Finally, deep fry them in the hot oil.