Pav bhaji is one of the popular street foods in Indian cuisine. Pav means bread and Bhaji means curry. For this recipe, they serve the butter toasted bread with the bhaji. Bhaji is the curry made with veggies, spices, and butter. This is the healthy, tasty and easy street food you ever make. Can easily feed the veggies to the kids through this because they couldn’t recognize the veggies in Bhaji.
How to make Street Style Pav Bhaji Recipe:
For making this recipe firstly, boil the veggies in a pressure cooker and keep it aside. Now heat the pan and saute the onions and ginger-garlic paste. Then add finely chopped capsicum and tomatoes. Let them cook until they are soft. After that add the spices, chili powder, sal,t, and boiled veggies to the pan. Now mash the boiled veggies and cook them along with spices. Finally, add lemon juice and chopped coriander and mix well. Then serve the hot butter roasted pav with the bhaji along with sliced onions and lemon slice.
Know more about ingredients:
Pav: This is the main ingredient of this recipe. For Pav Bhaji roast the pav in butter and pav bhaji masala. Can add Bhaji also for extra flavor.
Butter: This is the star ingredient of this recipe. Can use salted and unsalted butter. Adding more butter increases the taste of this recipe.
Veggies: Potatoes and onions are the main veggies for this recipe. Along with them use veggies like capsicum, tomato, cauliflower, peas. adding coriander adds extra flavor to the recipe.
Spices and herbs: Spices are the star ingredient of this recipe. Green chillis, chili powder, Pav bhaji masala, and coriander leaves are used in this recipe. Can use homemade masala or store-bought masala. Adjust the spices according to your taste.
Pav Bhaji Recipe
- 1 cups potatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicum
- 1/2 cup tomatoes
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 chillis
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 oil
- 4 tbsp Butter adjust according to your taste
- 1 tbsp Pav Bhaji masala
- 2 cups water
- Chop the veggies, coriander leaves and keep it aside.
- Take a pressure cooker and add oil to the cooker. Then add pav Bhaji masala to the cooker. Then add veggies like potato, carrot, green peas to the cooker.
- Slightly fry the veggies in the masala and add water and cover the lid. Pressure cook the veggies for 2 whistles or else until they properly cooked.
- At this stage can add the veggies of your choice like cauliflower, beetroot.
Preparation for Bhaji:
- Take a wide pan or Kadai and add the oil and butter to the pan. When the butter is melted add chopped onions to the pan.
- When they are lightly fried add ginger garlic paste. Saute it until the raw flavor is gone.
- Then add finely chopped capsicum to the pan. when the capsicum is slightly cooked add chopped tomato.
- Cook the tomatoes until they become soft. Then add salt, chili powder, green chilis, pav bhaji masala and mix well.
- Fry the spices along with the veggies. Then add boiled veggies to the pan and mix well with the spices in the pan. Add some water if required. Then add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Then mash the veggies with the potato masher or spatula. Don't paste the veggies, you should have chunks of veggies in the Bhaji.
- After that add the lemon juice to the pan and mix well. When Bhaji is thick enough turn of the stove.
Preparation of Pav:
- Heat the pan and add some butter on the pan. When the butter is melted sprinkle some Pav Bhaji masala on the pan.
- Then keep the pav on the pan and apply some more butter on the top of the pav. When the pav is roasted on one side turn it to the other side.
- Repeat the procedure for the other pav also . Can add Bhaji on the Pan, to roast the pav for extra flavor.
- Now serve the pav with the bhaji with extra butter on the top, along with the chopped onions and lemon slice.
Watch the Pav Bhaji Recipe Video:
Aloo Tikki chaat: For this Aloo Tikki chaat firstly, make aloo Tikki with boiled boiled potatoes, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, chaat masala, and coriander leaves. Then fry these Tikki’s on the pan. Finally, serve the hot aloo Tikki with yogurt, green chutney, tamarind chutney, chaat masala, onions and chopped coriander on the top.
Pani puri: This is one of the popular street foods of India. This is also known as golgappa. Pani puri is the deep-fried, shallow puri which is served with flavored Pani, chopped onions, boiled potatoes, and chana.