Overnight Oats is always a great option for breakfast because it is healthy and easy to make as well. Can make different variety of recipes with oats according to your taste. This overnight oats recipe is slightly different from other recipes because there is no cooking process. Just soak the oats with liquids like milk, yogurt, honey… overnight oats ready. And you are good to go. This is the best breakfast recipe for your busy mornings. In addition to that, can customize this recipe according to your taste.
How to make Overnight Oats Recipe:
For making this overnight oats recipe firstly take a jar with a lid and fill the jar with oats, chia seeds, cinnamon powder, honey. After that add milk and mix up the oats with a spoon. check the flavors. Then close the lid and keep it refrigerated. Finally, add chopped fruits and nuts on the top before you serve them.
Know more about ingredients:
Oats: Both old fashioned and rolled oats suits for this recipe. As you know oats are very nutritious. Moreover, they are a gluten-free and great source for vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. They can reduce your cholesterol levels and controls your blood pressure. Including them in your diet helps to improve your health.
chia seeds: chia seeds add nice texture to the oats and they are very healthy as well. They are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, iron and calcium. They are full of fiber so they help with weight loss. Can adjust the quantity according to your taste.
Overnight Oats Recipe Honey adds the sweetness to the recipe. can replace this honey with maple syrup or brown sugar. Can add extra honey for more sweetness. Can add peanut butter also for a creamy texture.
Cinnamon: This is optional but this adds extra flavor to this overnight oats recipe. Cinnamon has some anti-inflammatory properties. They help to fight infections and tissue damage.
Topping: Can use toppings according to your choice. like chopped nuts, fruits like banana, apple, blueberry, strawberries. Better to add banana before having the oats or else they become soggy.
Overnight Oats Recipe
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp honey according to your choice
- 2/3 cup milk adjust according to your choice
- sliced fruits according to your choice
- chopped nuts according to your choice
- Take a glass Jar with a lid. Now add oats to the glass jar. Can use old fashioned oats or instant oats. Both work well with this recipe.
- After that add Chia seeds to the oats. Chia seeds become soft and increase in size after absorbing milk.
- After that add cinnamon powder to the oats and this is optional. This adds extra flavor to the oats.
- Then add honey to the jar and adjust the honey according to your taste. This adds sweetness to the recipe. Can replace the honey with maple syrup.
- After honey, add milk to the oats. Then mix all the ingredients well with the spoon and check the taste. Adjust the taste.
- Finally, close the lid and keep it in the refrigerator for overnight.
- Next morning, layer the oats with chopped nuts and sliced fruits of your choice and enjoy your healthy and tasty breakfast.
- Or else simply add nuts and sliced fruits to the oats before refrigerating, for the busy mornings. So can simply grab the jar and go for work.
- If you want to add banana make sure that add Banana slices before serving or else they become soggy.
- Can add more milk before having the oats because the chia seeds and oats absorb all the milk. Can heat the oats slightly for the warm breakfast.
- Avoid heating if the oats have yogurt in it.
Watch the Overnight Oats Recipe Video:
Similar Recipes Ideas with Oats:
Oats Dosa: This the tasty, healthy and quick breakfast recipe. For making oats dosa firstly, make powder with oats. Then mix the oats powder with rice flour, semolina, cumin seeds, green chillis, salt, and coriander leaves. Rest this batter for 20 mins. then make dosa and serve hot oats dosa with chutney.
Oats Upma: This is similar to sooji Upma but uses Oats instead of sooji. For this Oats Upma, dry roast the oats and keep separately. Then Take oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad da,l chena dal and roast them. Then add sliced onions, carrots, french beans, and green peas and saute them slightly. After that add water and let the water boil and add salt. Finally, add roasted oats. let the oats cook by covering the lid. Finally, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve the oats Upma hot.