Mutton Yakhni Pulao is one of the traditional recipes which is made up of rice, mutton, and spices. This is slightly different from other pulao recipes because in this Yakini mutton pulao recipe we cook the rice in Mutton broth Try this yummy pulao recipe for parties, get-together or simple family lunch. Trust me your guest definitely want to know this recipe. It might take a little more time because mutton needs more time to get tender, using a pressure cooker can make the process a bit easy. But it’s totally worth the effort.
How to make Mutton Yakhni Pulao:
To make this process first make the Yakini. To make the Yakini boil the Mutton with spices, fennel seeds, and water. When the mutton is boiled, filter the water and keep it separately. Then heat the oil in the pan and add spices to the pan. Then add onion and fry them until they turn brown. After that add mutton and curd and mix well. Then add Yakini to the Kadai. when the water is boiled add soaked basmati rice and cook until the rice is cooked. Adding ginger garlic paste is optional. You can add ginger-garlic paste after onions are fried.
know more about the ingredients:
Mutton broth: This is the star ingredient of this recipe because this makes this recipe more flavorful and delicious. Basically, we cook the mutton with water and some whole spices. Then we filter the water from the mutton and spices. This is called as Yakini. The Mutton which needs to be cooked properly in the water. In the traditional way, they used to cook in the Kadai, As you know Mutton takes more time to cook. So use a pressure cooker to make the process quick. On the other hand, it doesn’t make any difference in the taste.
Spices: Whole spices are used in this recipe, like pepper, cloves, green cardamom, black cardamom, bay leaf, and cinnamon stick. These are the main ingredients of this recipe. Because they add the flavor and aroma to the recipe. Spices are used in making Yakini and in making pulao as well. They are healthy also. Bay leaves are helpful with migraines. pepper and cinnamon are high in antioxidants and they have inflammatory properties.
Fennel seeds: Fennel seeds are the key ingredient of this recipe. Using Fennel seeds really makes a difference in the taste. Fennel seed is very nutritious with fewer calories. They are a good source of vitamin C which is important for the immune system and tissue health. They help to regulate the blood pressure and to improve eyesight. Moreover, they are helpful in the hormonal balance also.
Mutton Yakhni Pulao Recipe
Ingredients for making Yakini
- 3 tmsp oil
- 1 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 1/2 tbsp peppers
- 1/2 tbsp cloves
- 3 bay leaf
- 2 medium cinnamon stick
- 500 gms Mutton
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 cups water
Ingredients to make pulao
- 3 tbspa oil
- 2 tbsp whole spices
- 3 bay leaf
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 5 sliced green chilis Adjust
- 2 tbsp salt adjust
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp cumin and coriander powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste optional
- 500 gms basmati rice
- Wash and rinse the basmati rice and soak the rice for 20 mins.
preparation of Yakini:
- Take a pan or Kadai and heat the oil in the pan. When the oil is hot enough, add fennel seeds and whole spices. And fry them until they turn aromatic.
- Then add the mutton to the pan and mix well with the spices. And then add salt and cover the lid and cook until the mutton releases the moisture.
- After that add water to the pan and stir well. Then cover the lid and cook until the mutton becomes soft.
- Then turn off the stove and let it cool down a bit and then filter the water and keep the Yakini and mutton in separate bowls.
- Take a thick-bottomed pot or cooker and heat the oil in the pot. Then add the whole spices when the oil is hot enough.
- Saute them until they turn aromatic and then add the sliced onions and green chilies and stir well with the spices.
- Fry them until they turn golden brown and then add ginger garlic paste to the onions. This is optional. Fry until the raw flavor of ginger garlic paste is gone.
- Then add the boiled mutton to the pot and mix well again with onion and spices. Then add the salt, garam masala and cumin-coriander powder to the mutton. Stir well.
- Saute the mutton for 2 mins and then add the yogurt to the mutton and mix well. So that yogurt can completely mix with mutton. Now cover the lid and cook for 2 mins.
- Then add the Yakini to the mutton and stir well and you can add little water if you need it. Cover the lid and boil the water.
- When the water is boiled add the soaked basmati rice and give it a stir and check the seasoning.
- Now cover the lid and cook it on the medium flame until the rice is cooked properly. Serve the hot Yakini pulao with raita.
Watch the Mutton Yakhni Pulao Recipe Video:
Similar Recipes like Mutton Yakhni Pulao Recipe :
Chicken Pulao: This is the delicious one-pot meal. This chicken biryani rice is cooked with the spices and chicken. First, take a thick-bottomed handi or cooker. Heat the oil and add whole spices, fry them until they turn aromatic. Then add onions and fry them until they turn golden brown. then add the marinated chicken and fry the chicken. After that add the water and let the water boil. After that check the seasoning and add soaked basmati rice and mix well. Sprinkle some coriander and mint leaves on the top. Cover the lid and cook until the rice is cooked. Finally, serve the hot chicken pulao with raita and chicken gravy.
Mutton curry: To make the mutton curry, first, marinate the mutton with the salt, chili powder, curd, and ginger garlic paste. Marinate the mutton for overnight if possible. It really makes a difference in the taste. Or else marinate for 1 to 2 hrs. Then take a Kadai and heat the oil. When the oil hot enough add the whole spices and saute them until they turn aromatic. Then add the sliced onions and green chilis.
Fry them until they turn golden brown. Now add the marinated mutton and mix well with onions. Cover the lid and cook until the mutton release the moisture. After that add water and cover the lid and cook until the mutton becomes soft and tender. If you are using the pressure cooker cook the mutton for 4 to 5 whistles. Serve this hot and tasty mutton curry with the rice, pulao, biryani, roti or chapati.