Malai Peda is one of the traditional and popular sweets in India. We can’t imagine our festivals without sweets and Indian desserts are so yummy and popular worldwide. They are different kinds of sweets can be made with milk. This Malai Peda is one of them. Basically, Malai Peda is made with Koya, which is the reduced milk. But it’s a bit lengthy process. Today I’m showing the short cut to make Mali Peda which is as tasty as the original one. This recipe includes fewer ingredients and also less time.
How to make Malai Peda:
For this Malai Peda Recipe, Firstly, heat the ghee in a thick bottomed pan. Then add condensed milk to the pan and stir well, so that they can combine very well. After that add milk powder and mix well. Finally, add the saffron milk and cardamom powder and mix well. Turn off the stove when the mixture starts leaving the pan. Let the mixture cool down and make Pedas.
Know more about ingredients:
Condensed milk and milk powder: Instead of the whole milk and sugar, we can use milk powder and condensed milk. These ingredients made this recipe very quick. No need to add extra sugar because of condensed milk.
Saffron and cardamom powder: Saffron adds the color to the Pedas. Can adjust the saffron according to your taste. Cardamom powder adds lovely flavor and aroma to this dessert.
Malai Peda Recipe
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 200 gms condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cup milk powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Take milk and add saffron to the milk and keep it aside.
- Make cardamom powder and keep it aside. can use store-bought powder also.
- chopped the nuts for the garnishing and keep it aside.
- Take a thick bottomed pan and heat the ghee in the pan. When the ghee is hot enough, add condensed milk to the ghee and stir well. So that they can combine well.
- After that add milk powder to the pan and mix well. so that they won't be any lumps.
- Then add saffron milk to the pan and mix well. keep on stirring or else the milk will stick to the bottom . Or else it will burn.
- Then add cardamom powder and mix well. Keep on strring until it forms a lump and starts leaving the pan. Don't make it dry. Because pedas will break when the mixture is dry.
- Turn off the stove and take it in a bowl or plate. Allow it to cool down a little bit until you can touch the mixture.
- Then spread some ghee into your palms and take a spoon full of mixture and make pedas by rolling into your palms.
- Finally, garnish the pedas with some chopped nut.
Watch the Malai Peda Recipe video:
Similar recipes like Malai Peda:
Kaju katli: This kaju katli is made up of cashew powder and sugar. This yummy dessert easily can make at home. For this recipe, first, make powder with cashews and keep aside. Then take a thick bottomed pan and melt the sugar in the water. Finally, add cashew powder to the sugar syrup and mix well. cook it on the medium to low flame until it forms the proper lump. Then spread it on the greased pan and cut into diamond shape pieces.
kalakand: Kalakand recipe is very similar to the Malai peda. Basically , it is made up of milk, sugar, and paneer. For quick kalakand, we can use condensed milk. First, heat the condensed milk on the medium flame and then add grated or crumbled paneer to the pan. stir well, so that they can combine well. cook on the low flame until the mixture starts leaving the pan. Then spread it on a greased pan and cut it into pieces. Add cardamom powder for the extra flavor.sprinkle some chopped nuts on the top of the kalakand.