Kashmiri shufta is a traditional Kashmiri dessert recipe, made with dry fruits, sugar syrup, paneer, and milk. This is a simple yet very tasty dessert. In Kashmir, they serve this dessert for occasions like festivals and weddings. Above all, this is great for winters because dry fruits provide warmth to your body. This healthy crunchy sweet dish calls for fewer ingredients only. On the other hand, this is an expansive dessert because of the Ingredients used in this recipe. All the above, this will be ready under 20 mins and it can be refrigerated. preheat the dessert before serving.
How to make Kashmiri Shufta Recipe:
To make this recipe first, soak the dry dates and remove the seeds and slice them. Keep them in a separate bowl. Firstly, heat the ghee in the pan and fry the paneer and all the dry fruits and coconut pieces separately. secondly, melt the sugar in a pan and add milk and rose water to the pan. After that reduce the sugar syrup to half in the pan and add the roasted nuts to the syrup. Finally, add the saffron. This adds the wonderful aroma and flavor to the recipe. Cook it until it gets thicken and serve hot or warm.
know more about ingredients:
Dry fruits: Dry fruits like almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios, raisins, walnuts and dates are used in this recipe. As you know dry fruits are full of nutrients and rich in vitamins and minerals. In addition to that, they help to boost immunity, reduce cholesterol, blood sugars and blood pressure.
Saffron and Cardamom powder: These are the key ingredients of this recipe. Saffron adds the color and aroma to this recipe. Cardamom adds the wonderful flavor and aroma to this recipe. These two ingredients make this recipe more flavorful. Moreover, saffron is antioxidant and helps to treat the cold and fever. Cardamom is the antioxidant and helps to cure the cold and cold. Not only that it helps to increase metabolism.
Kashmiri Shufta Recipe
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup paneer cubes
- 3 tbsp grated coconut
- 3 tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp black raisins
- 1/4 cup Piata, almonds and walnuts
- 10 soaked dry dates
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp Rosewater
- 1/2 cup water adjust
- Soak the dry dates and slice them and keep them in a separate bowl.
- Firstly, heat the ghee in the pan and add paneer cubes to the pan and fry them until they turn golden brown.
- After that add the coconut and fry until they turn golden brown and keep them in a bowl.
- After that add the cashew nuts and roast them until they turn golden brown. Take them in a separate bowl.
- After that add the pistachios, almonds, and walnuts and fry them for 1min and keep them separately in a bowl.
- Then add the sliced dates and fry them for 1 min and take them in a bowl.
- Then add sugar and water to the pan and give it a stir. Then boil the sugar on the medium flame.
- Then add the ghee to the pan and mix well. So that it can dissolve in the water.
- After that add the cardamom powder, saffron and rose water to the sugar syrup and give it a stir. They should dissolve in the water.
- These are key ingredients for the aroma and flavor of this recipe. After that add the milk to the pan and give it a stir.
- Make sure to stir continuously until the sugar melts completely. Boil the sugar syrup on the medium flame until it reduces to half.
- Then add the roasted dry fruits and paneer to the pan and mix well. So that they fully cover with the sugar syrup.
- Turn off the stove when the sugar melts and serve this Kashmiri Shufta hot or warm. You can store this in an airtight container but make sure that preheat this before serving.
Watch Kashmiri Shufta Recipe Video:
Similar Recipes Like Shufta:
Dry fruit laddu: This is a healthy dessert that can be made within 10 mins. This is the dessert for all age groups because they are full of nutrients and no sugar added. To make this recipe, first, chop the nuts like almonds, cashews, pistachios, into small pieces and then blend the dates, raisins into the blender. Make a fine paste. Now take the chopped nuts and dates paste into a bowl and add mix them together. Now make small balls with the mixture and roll them in the poppy seeds. Store them in an airtight jar. Pack this for kid snacks.
Falooda: Falooda is the best summer drink. To make Falooda all you need to do is layer the ingredients in the glass one by one. Not only kids every one like this looks yummy and tastes awesome as well. To make this first arrange all the ingredients like boiled milk, Falooda jelly, Falooda Sev, Falooda seeds and chopped nuts in one place. Take a serving glass and add all the ingredients one after other like layers in the glass. Add ice cream before serving.