Chicken pops are the small pieces which are coated and deep-fried in the oil. You can have them as an evening snack or a side lunch or dinner menu. But the only difference is, small bite-size pieces need to be cut . They are different variations in making this chicken pops. Like, can make these with boneless chicken, minced chicken or with chicken drumsticks according to your taste. This recipe is best for a kids birthday party and for family picnics.
How to make Chicken Pops:
For this recipe, you should use skinless chicken and boneless. In the minced chicken add mustard oil, salt, pepper, crushed garlic paste, and chili powder. Then make balls with the minced chicken. Then take the lollipop stick and push the stick in the chicken ball till the half. We can make the pops in different shapes whichever we like. Make sure that the stick should not go through the chicken ball. Finally, rolls the balls in the cornflour. Add salt, pepper, oregano and dry coconut powder in the flour and mix well.
Know more about ingredients:
Chicken: For this recipe, chicken is the main ingredient. Firstly, take the boneless and skinless chicken. And cut the chicken into pieces and grind the chicken roughly. Above all, adding all the salt, oil, and spices makes the chicken more flavorful. Because chicken absorbs all the flavors from ingredients.
Coating: For coating take cornflour and add salt, pepper, coconut powder and mix well. The flavor of the chicken pops depends on this coating also. pepper adds spice to the chicken pops. Coconut powder adds crunchiness to this chicken pops. should use dry coconut powder only. Bread crumbs also give the crunchiness to the chicken pops. But don’t mix the bread crumbs in the flour. Keep them separately in a plate and roll the chicken pops in the plate.
Chicken Pops Recipe
Ingredients for making chicken pops
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt adjust according to your taste
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 200 gms minced chicken
- 2 lollipop sticks
Ingredients for chicken pops coating
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 3 tbsp Dry coconut powder
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt
Pre-preparation: Making chicken pops
- Take minced chicken in a bowl and add mustard oil to the chicken.
- Then add salt, pepper, crushed garlic and chili powder to the chicken and mix well. Then keep it separately.
- After 20 mins take the chicken mixture and make balls with chicken and keep them separately in a plate.
- Then take a lollypop stick and push halfway to the chicken ball. Make sure that it should not go through the ball. Repeat the same process for other chicken balls
Preparation for coating
- Take a medium size plate and add corn flour in the plate. Then add salt, pepper, and dry coconut powder to the cornflour and mix well.
- Finally, take the chicken pop and roll it in the cornflour mixture. Or else sprinkle this powder on the chicken pop without ant gap.
- Take a frying pan and heat the oil in the frying pan on the medium to high flame.
- When the oil is hot enough add the chicken pops to the oil. Fry the chicken pops on the medium flame.
- When they turn golden brown turn the chicken pops to the other side with a spatula.
- Once they are fried take them in the tissue or paper towel. so that it can absorb the excess oil. You can fry a few of these at a time, according to the size of the pan.
- Finally, serve them hot with tomato ketchup.
Watch the Chicken Pops Recipe Video:
Similar Recipes like Chicken Pops:
Crispy prawns: For crispy prawns marinate the prawns with oil, pepper, oregano, and crushed garlic for 15 to 20 mins. Then take a plate and add cornflour, dry coconut powder, salt, and pepper. Then dip the marinated prawns in the cornflour mixture and fry them in hot oil. Make sure that prawns are fully covered with a coating. They are different ways for coating. can choose according to your taste.
Chicken nuggets: For chicken nuggets first cut the boneless chicken into equal pieces or cubes. then marinate the chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper powder and crushed garlic for a minimum 20 mins. In one plate take cornflour and add salt, pepper to the cornflour. in another bowl take beaten egg. Take bread crumbs separately in a plate. then dip the chicken pieces in cornflour and in egg and then roll them in bread crumbs. Finally, fry them in hot oil until they turn golden brown on both sides.