Bombay potatoes dish is popular in India and in the UK as well. This is a simple and easy dish but it tastes incredible. This is basically a side dish, which you can have with any Asian meal. Bombay potatoes are made with boiled baby potatoes and a lot of spices. If you happened to be a potato fan, you should definitely try this recipe. This recipe can be made under 15 mins if the boiled potatoes are available. Try this recipe with rice, roti, naan or paratha. Or else simply you can serve it as an appetizer for parties or when you have friends over. Today I’m showing you how to make this tasty recipe
How to make Bombay Potatoes Curry:
To make this recipe first boil the baby potatoes and peel them off and keep it aside. Now heat the oil in the pan and add cumin seeds, chopped garlic, and curry leaves. After that add spices like garam masala, chili powder. Finally, add the boiled potatoes and fry them along with the spices. Add some water if the spices are getting dry. Moreover, poke the potatoes with a fork while boiling to absorb the spices more.
Know more about ingredients:
Baby potatoes: Baby potatoes are more suitable for this recipe. You can also use large-sized potatoes also but cut the potatoes into large pieces. Potatoes need to be tender and just cooked. Don’t overcook the potatoes. Use a fork to check the potatoes are boiled or not in the middle. Moreover, make holes to the potatoes while cooking with spices, so that they can absorb the spices more.
Spices: Spices are the main ingredients of this recipe. Cumin seeds, Garlic, turmeric, chili powder, garam masala are the spices used in this recipe. Can adjust the spices like chili powder and garam masala according to your taste. In addition, to that, cumin seeds help with digestion and a good source of iron.
Bombay Poatoes Recipe
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 6-10 curry leaves
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 cups Boiled potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- Pre preparation:
- First, boil the potatoes and peel the potatoes and keep them aside. Chop the garlic and coriander leaves and keep them separately.
- First, heat the oil in the pan and add cumin seeds to the pan. Let the cumin seeds splatter.
- Then add chopped garlic and curry leaves to the cumin seeds and fry them. After that add the spices like turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala, to the pan.
- Fry the spices for1 to 2 mins. Then add the boiled potatoes to the pan. After that add the salt to the potatoes and mix the potatoes along with spices. So that the potatoes can fully cover with the spices.
- Then add the water to the pan and cook the potatoes along with the spices. While cooking the potatoes make holes with a fork, on them. so that the potatoes can absorb the spices more.
- Stir fry the potatoes when the water is dried and add chopped coriander leaves to the potatoes and give it a stir.
- Finally, serve the Bombay potatoes with rice, dal, and roti.
Watch Bombay Potatoes Recipe Video:
French fries: These are made with potatoes and very easy to make and tasty as well. To make these french fries, first cut the peeled potatoes and soak them in the water for 30 to 40 mins. After that heat the oil in the Kadai or pan. Now fry the potato slices in batches. First half fry the potatoes and let them cool down. Then fry them again until they turn golden brown. Finally, sprinkle some salt and herbs on the fries and toss them. Serve the french fries hot with some dip.
Potato smiles: Very few ingredients are needed for this tasty snack recipe. First, boil and grate the potatoes and add salt, chili powder, bread crumbs, corn starch to the potatoes. Make a dough. Rest the dough for 30 mins. Now roll the dough on the butter paper and make circles with the cookie cutter or glass. After that make eyes with the straw and smile using the spoon or butter knife. Finally, deep fry these smiles in the oil. Can bake this smiles also.