Apple hand pie is the traditional, classic dessert recipe, which is popular for the thanksgiving dinners. It will be easy to make with some tips and techniques. The ideal apple pie is flaky, buttery crust outside with juicy apple filling inside. This can make the best dessert for get-togethers and potlucks. You can bake this pie without oven also. Serve this pie warm or cold with vanilla ice cream for dessert or have this for evening snack or breakfast. Some apples are sweet, some are tart you can use any kind of apples for this recipe, or else use the combination of both the apples. But adjust the sugar accordingly.
How to make Apple Hand Pie:
To make this apple pie firstly, knead the dough with the salt, butter, and water. keep it aside. Now peel the apple and cut into pieces. Now take a pan and saute the apple and then add brown sugar and cinnamon powder to the pan. Saute the apple until it became soft and dry. Now roll the dough and cut into a circle shape with the bowl or cookie cutter. Now take a circle and keep the apple stuffing in the middle and cover with the other circle and seal the edges. Then bake it in a Kadai or cooker on the low flame for 1 hr.
know more about ingredients:
Apples: Some apples are sweet, some are tart, you can use any kind of apples for this recipe, or else use the combination of both the apples. But adjust the sugar accordingly. Apple is very healthy and nutritious. apples are a good source of antioxidants, flavonoids, and dietary fiber. Moreover, they help to improve neurological health and help to reduce the risk of heart stroke and diabetes. In addition to that Apple is a good source of vitamin C, B complex vitamins, and minerals like calcium, potassium, and phosphorus.
Cinnamon powder: Cinnamon powder is the key ingredient for the flavor of the apple pie. You can use homemade or store-bought cinnamon powder. Cinnamon is high in medical properties. This is a source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Cinnamon even helps with lowering the low blood sugar levels.
Hand Apple Pie Recipe
Ingredients for the crust
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- water as required
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 apple
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Making the crust:
- First, take a mixing bowl and add all-purpose flour to the bowl and then add salt and butter to the bowl and mix well. Then add water at low speed and knead the soft dough. Then keep it aside.
making the filling:
- First, peel the apple and remove the core. Now cut the apple into pieces and keep it aside.
- Now take a pan and add butter to the pan. Once the butter is melted add the apple pieces to the pan.
- Then saute the apple for 2 ins and then add the cinnamon powder to the apples. Mix the cinnamon powder properly with the apple pieces, so that they can fully cover with cinnamon powder.
- After that add the brown sugar to the pan and stir well. Now cover the lid and cook until the apple pieces become soft and dry. Then take this mixture into a bowl and keep it aside.
- Now sprinkle the surface with some flour to avoid the dough to stick to the flour. Now roll the dough into a big circle evenly. Make sure that the edges are not thick.
- Now a cookie cutter or a bowl and cut the circle into the small circles. Now half of the circles into a plate and with a pizza cutter or knife, make the cut on the circle. These cuts help to release steam while baking.
- Now take one circle and keep the filling in the middle of the circle with the spoon. And place another circle with a cut on the top of this circle. Then seal the edges with hand.
- Repeat the same process for other apple pies also. Now take a plate or baking tray and grease the plate with the butter. Then place these apple pies on the plate.
- After that take a Kadai or a pressure cooker and pour salt at the bottom of the Kadai and place one stand on the Kadai. Then heat the Kadai on the low flame for 30 mins.
- Then place the apple pie plate on the stand in the Kadai and cover with the lid. Bake the pies on the low flame for 1 hr.
- After that turn off the stove and let the apple pies cool down before serving. You can store them for 2 days at room temperature and 1 week in the refrigerator. But you need to rap them properly before storing them.
- serve them for dessert, evening snack or for breakfast.
Watch Hand Apple Pie Recipe Video:
Similar recipes Like Apple Hand Pie:
Pumpkin pie: This is one of the popular recipe and very tasty as well. To make this pumpkin pie firstly preheat the oven at 4oo degrees foreign heat. Then bake the pie crust for 15 to 20 mins and after that let it cool down. For the filling whisk the brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, flour, nutmeg, pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, and eggs until they are combined properly. Now pour the filling in the crust and bake it in the oven for 45 and after that let it cool down completely. After that refrigerate the pie overnight.
Cinnamon apple crisp with oats topping: This is the easy and yummy dessert recipe. To make this recipe first preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Then take a mixing bowl and add apples to the bowl. After that toss the apples with the sugar and cinnamon powder. Transfer this into the baking a baking dish. Now take another mixing bowl and add brown sugar, oats, flour, and cinnamon powder and then add the cold butter and mix it with the fork until this mixture looks like crumbs. After that spread this on the apple mixture and bake in the oven for 40 mins.