Aloo tikki Chaat is the popular street food in India. There are different kinds of chaats like samosa chaat, papdi chaat, aloo chaat, Ragda patti chaat etc. Basically, Ragda is the white peas curry made with onions, tomatoes, and spices. Without any chutneys, you can enjoy the Ragda as it is. Can have this leftover Ragda with roti or can make samosa with this Ragda. Ragda is used in other chaat recipes like samosa chaat, aloo chaat, etc. This chaat is tasty , Healthy and filling as well.
How to make Aloo tikki chaat:
For Ragta Patti chaat, firstly, boil the peas and potatoes in the pressure cooker. Then take a pan and saute the onions, green chilies, and tomatoes, saute them and add boiled chenna to the pan. Add the spices like salt, turmeric, cumin, and coriander powder and garam masala. keep it separately. Then make aloo Tikki with boiled potatoes, salt, green chilis, turmeric, chaat masala, garam masala, chili powder, and chopped coriander leaves. Then make patties with this mixture and cook or grill on the pan. Finally, serve the Ragda with aloo patties, green chutney, tamarind chutney, onions, tomatoes, chopped coriander, and sav.
Know more about the ingredients:
Peas: Ragda is the white peas curry with onions, tomatoes, and spices. Above all, soak the peas min 8hr before boiling them. Add salt while boiling the peas and make sure that they boil completely. Can use half green and half white peas also.
Chutneys: Green chutney and tamarind chutneys used for this chaat recipe. Can make these chutneys at home or else these are easily available in the market. Green chutney prepared with of mint, coriander, green chili, garlic, ginger, and fried gram. Without these chutneys, this chaat will be incomplete.
spices: green chillis, garam masala, and chaat masala are the main spices for this recipe. For the ragda, green chillis, garam masala, cumin, and coriander powder are used. Can adjust the spices according to your taste. These spices are the key to this chaat.
Aloo tikki Chaat Recipe
Ingredients for ragda
- 1 cup yellow peas
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup tomato
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 potato
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp green chillis
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Ingredients for potato Tikki
- 3 potatoes
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tbsp green chilis chopped
- 1 Bread slices
Ingredients for making Regda patti chat
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 2 tbsp chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp green chutney
- 2 tbsp tamarind chutney
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- sav handful
pre-preparation for regda
- Soak the white peas for at least 8hr or the previous night. Boil the soaked peas and potato for 5 whiles and keep it a side.
- chop the onions, tomatoes, green chilis, and coriander leaves and keep them aside in a bowl.
- Make ginger garlic paste or else can use store-bought ginger garlic paste.
Preparation of Regda:
- Heat the oil and add chopped onions, green chilis to the pan. saute them until they are golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute until the raw flavor is gone. Then add chopped tomatoes and saute them until they become soft.
- Then add salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and chili powder. Mix well.
- After that add boiled peas and potatoes to the pan. mix them and mash them slightly. cook them for 5 mins. Or until it becomes a thick gravy.
- Finally, add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. then turn off the stove.
Preparation of Aloo Tikki or Ragda Patti
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker and peel the outer layer and mash the potatoes with a potato masher or with a fork. Take a mixing bowl and add mashed potatoes.
- Then take a cut bread slice and cut the edges. Now add the bread pieces to the bowl. So that the can absorb the extra moisture from the potatoes.
- After that add salt, turmeric powder, garam masala, chaat masala, chopped green chilis, and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix everything well. Then apply oil to the palms and make balls with the mixture and flatten the ball between your palms gently. Repeat the process for the other balls also.
- Now heat the pan add oil the pan. When the oil is hot enough add potato patties to the pan and cook them until they turn golden brown on both sides.
- Turn off the stove and take the patties in a plate.
Preparation of Regda Patti chaat or Aaloo Tikki chaat recipe:
- Take a plate and keep the aloo pattie in the middle and pour the Regda on the top of the aloo pattie.
- Then Drizzle green chutney and tamarind chutney on the top of the Regda. Then add chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Then sprinkle a pinch of salt, chili powder, cumin powder, and chaat masala.
- After that add handful of sav on the top of the chaat. Finally, garnish with some chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Repeat the same process for serving plates also.
Watch the Aloo tikki Chaat Recipe Video
Similar recipes like Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe :
Pav Bhaji: Pav is the bread and bhaji means curry. Serve the butter toasted bread with mashed vegetable curry. Can use veggie of your choice like onions, tomatoes, potatoes, bell peppers, peas, french beans, etc. First, boiled the veggies and then take a pan and saute onions, tomatoes, and ginger garlic paste. After that add the boiled veggies. Mash the veggies slightly. Then add salt, chili powder, pav bhaji masala, and butter. Serve hot the hot pav bhaji with chopped onions and lemon slice.
Pani puri: Puri small deep-fried dough which is served with boiled potates, boiled chana, chopped onions, and green water. Pani made with mint, coriander, green chillis, tamarin, cumin powder, and chaat masala. This is one of the popular street foods in India.