Samosa is a tasty deep-fried snack that is very popular Not only in India but all Asian and middle east countries. They are different samosas like aloo samosa, paneer samosa, kheema samosa, chicken samosa, etc but Aloo samosa is the mother of all samosas. The stuffing to make aloo and paneer samosa is very easy. But you need some patience, creativity, and technique to make samosas. Samosas can be baked also if you want the healthier version but fried samosas are much tastier.
How to make Vegetable Samosa:
To make the samosas, for kneading the dough with all-purpose flour, salt, and ajwain. And rest the dough for 20 mins. For aloo samosa stuffing, boil the aloo and peel them. Now heat the oil in the pan and add cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, and green chilis. Saute them. After that add the green peas and cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, chaat masala, aam chur, salt and saute them. finally, add the mashed aloo and mix well with other ingredients.
To make Paneer samosa take a bowl and add paneer, sweet corn, cheese, onions, green chilis, and salt. MIx them together. Now make balls with the dough and roll them like chapatis. Now cut it in the middle and make a cone out of it and fill it with the stuffing and seal the edges and deep fry them in the oil. Serve samosa with green chutney and tamarind chutney.
Know more about ingredients:
Dough: Kneading the dough is important to make samosas. The dough needs to be a little tight and it should not be too thin or else it will break while deep frying. It should not be too thick because it might not fry well. Can use atta instead of all-purpose flour but the taste won’t be the same.
Spices: spices used in this samosa are ginger, garlic, green chilis, garam masala, cumin seeds, chaat masala, chili powder, and aam chur powder. Green chilis help to increase metabolism. Chat masala and aam chur powder add extra flavor to this recipe.
Aloo samosa and Paneer samosa recipe
Ingredients for dough:
- 1 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ajwain
Ingredients for aloo samosa
- 2 cups boiled potatoes and mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp green chillis
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1 tsp salt adjust according to your taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp aam choor powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp oil
Ingredients for paneer samosa
- 1 cup grated paneer
- 2 tbsp sweet corn
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 2 tbsp green chillis
- 1 tsp salt adjust according to your taste
preparation of the dough:
- First, take a mixing bowl and all-purpose flour to the bowl. Then add salt, ajwain, and oil to the bowl. Now mix it with the spoon.
- Then add water gradually and make a tough dough. Then knead the dough for 3to 5 mins and cover the dough and rest it for 20 mins.
- Boil the potatoes and peel the potatoes. Mash the potatoes or cut them into small pieces. Don't make a paste. Keep it separately.
- Then chop the ginger, garlic, chilis, coriander leaves, onions, and keep them in separate bowls.
- After that grate the paneer, and cheese and keep them aside.
Preparation of aloo samosa stuffing:
- Heat the oil in the pan and add cumin seeds when the oil is hot enough. Let the cumin seeds splatter.
- After that add the ginger, garlic and green chilis and saute them. After that add the green peas. Use frozen peas or fresh green peas.
- Fry them for 1 min and add the salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, cumin powder. Fry the spices for 1 min.
- After that add the mashed potato mixture and mix it along with the other spices. Then add the chaat masala, cashew nuts, coriander leaves, and raisins to the mixture. Mix well.
- Turn off the stove and take the mixture into a bowl and let it cool down. After that add the aam chur powder and mix the aam choor powder properly with the potato.
preparation of paneer samosa stuffing:
- Take a mixing bowl and add grated paneer to the bowl. After that add the sweet corn and grated cheese.
- Adjust the cheese according to your taste. Then add the chopped onions, chillis and salt. Mix the ingredients together.
- Take the dough and make equal size balls out of the dough. Then apply some oil on the rolling are and flatter the ball.
- Then roll the ball into over shape and cut it in the middle with the butter knife. The samosa layer should not be too thin or too thick.
- Now apply water on the straight end stick the edges without any gaps and make a cone. now fill the samosa with aloo samosa stuff and smear the water on the edges and make a pleat with the edges.
- Stick the edges gently to seal. Moreover, seal the edges without any gaps or else the oil will go inside while deep frying. Now repeat the same process for Paneer samosa also, but fill the samosa with paneer stuffing.
- Then heat the oil in the pan and carefully slide the samosas in the oil. And fry them on low-medium heat.
- Fry them until they turn golden brown and dry them on the tissue to absorb the excess oil. Fry the samosas in batches.
- Serve the samosas with green chutney and tamarind chutney.
Watch Samosa Recipe Video:
Chilli Bajji: This is the popular south Indian snack recipe and most famous in Andhra Pradesh. There are different kinds of Bajji’s and Mirchi Bajji is one of them. To make this recipe First wash and clean the chilis and make a split in the middle and deseed the chilis. Then mix the besan, cornflour, salt, chili powder, ajwain with some water. Make a batter, the batter should not be too thin or too thick. Heat the oil and dip the green chilis in the batter and slide them carefully in the oil. Fry them until they turn golden brown. Serve them hot.